• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks rank amongst the most successful franchises

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and people are talking about them now. Now what I want is obviously another SB (duh) but a sustained culture of winning and being in the hunt for a SB run each year just like what NE has achieved over the years. Seattle has the pieces in place to make it happen.
We've been in the NFCW for 13 seasons now. In those 13 seasons we've made the playoffs 9 times and won the division 6 times.

I'd say we've had a culture of winning for some time now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been in the NFCW for 13 seasons now. In those 13 seasons we've made the playoffs 9 times and won the division 6 times.

i would say we have had a culture of domination in the NFC West for some time. Funny how that works, had the Hawks been in the NFC West from day one and STAYED in it i wonder how many Superbowls they would have been to ( not win just been to ) :P. There is no doubt that in the 80's the AFC West was hands down the strongest division and the hardest to win as those teams beat the living hell out of each other. i Say 83 might have been one, the cinderella season. Then the 86 10-6 season that they didn't go to the playoffs they might have been able to make it if they were in the NFC.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are indeed correct, the culture of winning has been there. Let me rephrase my comment on this. We are in a new era of being in the SB hunt each year with the pieces we have in place.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say we have had a culture of domination in the NFC West for some time. Funny how that works, had the Hawks been in the NFC West from day one and STAYED in it i wonder how many Superbowls they would have been to ( not win just been to ) :p. There is no doubt that in the 80's the AFC West was hands down the strongest division and the hardest to win as those teams beat the living hell out of each other. i Say 83 might have been one, the cinderella season. Then the 86 10-6 season that they didn't go to the playoffs they might have been able to make it if they were in the NFC.

That was a strong team. They started too slow though. Finished very powerful but ran out of time. That one hurts the most in season's where the team didn't make the playoffs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a strong team. They started too slow though. Finished very powerful but ran out of time. That one hurts the most in season's where the team didn't make the playoffs.

they didn't start out slow. That team was 4-1 then lost 5 out of the next 6. Then won 5 in a row to finish. they had a 3 week span where the offense couldn't get out of their own way and only scored 7 points a game and the defense was giving up a average of 33 PPG in that span. Then the offense clicked again to average 33.4 ppg over the last 5 and the defense gave up a average of 14.8 ppg over those same last 5. That team was CLICKING offensively AND Defensively. They would have went far that season had they got in.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didn't start out slow. That team was 4-1 then lost 5 out of the next 6. Then won 5 in a row to finish. they had a 3 week span where the offense couldn't get out of their own way and only scored 7 points a game and the defense was giving up a average of 33 PPG in that span. Then the offense clicked again to average 33.4 ppg over the last 5 and the defense gave up a average of 14.8 ppg over those same last 5. That team was CLICKING offensively AND Defensively. They would have went far that season had they got in.
Thanks for the recall.:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What always made my brain explode were those good Seahawks teams that would lose games that should have been victories. So many times I scratched my head wondering how this happened.