• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks rank amongst the most successful franchises

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the players greed issues coming to light, i have a horrible gut feeling the team may implode this year...

Btw, thanks for blocking my ability to post new threads, very nazi germany of you guys.

Don't know anything about that. I'm sure Hammer had his reasons for doing that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt was a top 10 QB before all the injuries and years mounted up, that's all you need in this NFL. Had he played with THIS defense he would have had a ring.

I'm not so sure about that ... We faced adversity vs that Niners team who was on a roll coming into the NFC title game.... I think Hass mighta folded under that situation... Russ came through with some amazing big plays in that game .... Down 10 with that much on the line had a Hass emotional meltdown written all over it... Plus our O-line protection I don't think Hass woulda survived the season honestly ... Russ made our bad pass protection look decent with his whoodini escapes .... Now if you threw in our current D with that 2005 O-line Hass woulda had to be a mental midget not to get a ring.... But that's not reality, every team has some weaknesses ...

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that ... We faced adversity vs that Niners team who was on a roll coming into the NFC title game.... I think Hass mighta folded under that situation... Russ came through with some amazing big plays in that game .... Down 10 with that much on the line had a Hass emotional meltdown written all over it... Plus our O-line protection I don't think Hass woulda survived the season honestly ... Russ made our bad pass protection look decent with his whoodini escapes .... Now if you threw in our current D with that 2005 O-line Hass woulda had to be a mental midget not to get a ring.... But that's not reality, every team has some weaknesses ...
One of the all-time great D's + one of the all-time great O-lines + RW, Lynch, and Jimmy Graham = unfair

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sporting my Seahawks gear in Cali on vacation ... I've never got this much attention ever sporting my gear ... I've had at least 7 different occasions where people have called out "go Hawks" .... Even had a big group that held the door open at a restaurant and the dude was like " Dam, had I known you were a Seahawks fan I wouldn't have held the door for ya" lol they were Niners fans ... We talked a little football, they were cool .... But man it was unexpected to get so much attention outside of Washington .... Seahawks are definitely on the map ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sporting my Seahawks gear in Cali on vacation ... I've never got this much attention ever sporting my gear ... I've had at least 7 different occasions where people have called out "go Hawks" .... Even had a big group that held the door open at a restaurant and the dude was like " Dam, had I known you were a Seahawks fan I wouldn't have held the door for ya" lol they were Niners fans ... We talked a little football, they were cool .... But man it was unexpected to get so much attention outside of Washington .... Seahawks are definitely on the map ...

I agree the Seahawks are on the map. Living in South Jersey people tell me why they like/hate our team and I have great conversations even if I disagreed with the haters. 10 yrs ago people wouldn't have cared or even asked because Seattle had good teams with one SB run, but they weren't one of the elite teams like they are now. It feels damn good knowing our team is elite and turning heads.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Seahawks are on the map. Living in South Jersey people tell me why they like/hate our team and I have great conversations even if I disagreed with the haters. 10 yrs ago people wouldn't have cared or even asked because Seattle had good teams with one SB run, but they weren't one of the elite teams like they are now. It feels damn good knowing our team is elite and turning heads.

:suds:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW you memory is not very strong. Hass had and DID carry the Hawks many times and in playoff games. Matt doesn't get the respect he deserves, it really is sad to see. It's not as bad as the way people treat SA but still Matt Hassebeck carried the offense a lot when SA was nothing or the Running game was nothing. 2007 should have showed you more than anything. this team couldn't run the ball at all and the Oline was nothing of it's former glory and falling apart. Yes Walt was still there but other than that, that was it. Gray was only shades of his former self, Locklear was over rated, Spencer never took that next step and the running game was a joke at best. that team went 10-6 on Matt's arm and he carried them to victory against the Redskins in the playoffs.

How much better would that team have been with the #1 ranked Defense to pair with them rather than the #15th ranked Defense? I for one believe they win 2 to 4 more games and to be honest and i have no reason to not believe they wouldn't have won the superbowl.

They would have beat the Cards in AZ, I believe the would have beat the Saints at home, They would have won in Cleveland and i see nothing that says they wouldn't have beaten the Panthers that season. That's 4 more wins giving them the #1 seed in the NFC. Right now we got a monster Defense and even Kaepernick, Smith, Dalton, Tannehill, Romo, Newton, hell even Orton would have 12+ win seasons or better. Not taking nothing away from Wilson but lets not be stupid and diminish what this defense means to this team.

One thing i can say with out doubt is that Pass that ended the Hawks chance at 2 in a row would have been much lower making Lockette go down for it and not allowing Butler a play on it like he had when Russell threw it had Matt thrown it. That was a play we saw Matt make a hundred times and it was always low.

Also lets not forget that it wasn't Matt that cost them Superbowl 40 when he had a TD removed a pass to the 1/2 yard line removed from a bogus holding call and the next play was a INT. His numbers would have been and should have been something like 350+ yards passing 2 to 3 passing TD and 0 INT's. Yes Matt was a top 10 QB and was rated as a top 10 QB for many MANY years and even Cracked top 5 a few times. With this Defense and Lynch he would have been even better.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people discount what Matt did for this team so much. Maybe it was the way his career in Seattle started (just couldn't seem to get consistent play the first 2 years), but whatever it was they guy was essential to the success of the team from 2003-2007. He took the team to 5 straight playoffs (6 overall), 4 straight division titles, holds nearly every passing record in Seahawk history (and what he doesn't hold is rarely lower than 2nd). All this with WRs who couldn't hold onto the ball - the drops that those receivers had still irritate me!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW you memory is not very strong. Hass had and DID carry the Hawks many times and in playoff games. Matt doesn't get the respect he deserves, it really is sad to see. It's not as bad as the way people treat SA but still Matt Hassebeck carried the offense a lot when SA was nothing or the Running game was nothing. 2007 should have showed you more than anything. this team couldn't run the ball at all and the Oline was nothing of it's former glory and falling apart. Yes Walt was still there but other than that, that was it. Gray was only shades of his former self, Locklear was over rated, Spencer never took that next step and the running game was a joke at best. that team went 10-6 on Matt's arm and he carried them to victory against the Redskins in the playoffs.

How much better would that team have been with the #1 ranked Defense to pair with them rather than the #15th ranked Defense? I for one believe they win 2 to 4 more games and to be honest and i have no reason to not believe they wouldn't have won the superbowl.

They would have beat the Cards in AZ, I believe the would have beat the Saints at home, They would have won in Cleveland and i see nothing that says they wouldn't have beaten the Panthers that season. That's 4 more wins giving them the #1 seed in the NFC. Right now we got a monster Defense and even Kaepernick, Smith, Dalton, Tannehill, Romo, Newton, hell even Orton would have 12+ win seasons or better. Not taking nothing away from Wilson but lets not be stupid and diminish what this defense means to this team.

One thing i can say with out doubt is that Pass that ended the Hawks chance at 2 in a row would have been much lower making Lockette go down for it and not allowing Butler a play on it like he had when Russell threw it had Matt thrown it. That was a play we saw Matt make a hundred times and it was always low.

Also lets not forget that it wasn't Matt that cost them Superbowl 40 when he had a TD removed a pass to the 1/2 yard line removed from a bogus holding call and the next play was a INT. His numbers would have been and should have been something like 350+ yards passing 2 to 3 passing TD and 0 INT's. Yes Matt was a top 10 QB and was rated as a top 10 QB for many MANY years and even Cracked top 5 a few times. With this Defense and Lynch he would have been even better.

BS my memory serves me perfectly... Again I feel Matt was good... But mentally he cracked at times ... He did step up a couple times in the playoffs and did well, but he had moments where he just fell apart because he got overly emotional in the moment... That was my knock on Hass.... The moments got too big for him mentally... ... Again overall I liked him, but I hated his mental collapses and that's why he wasn't elite... I think a big example of that is our rematch with Pitt in 2007 in Pitt... He fell apart like a cheap suit.... That was a message game too show what a fluke the 05 Bowl was... Matt was scared in that game... We lost 21-0 .... GOOSE EGG.... Matt was scared shiatless in that game ... That's the mental lapses I'm talking about ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people discount what Matt did for this team so much. Maybe it was the way his career in Seattle started (just couldn't seem to get consistent play the first 2 years), but whatever it was they guy was essential to the success of the team from 2003-2007. He took the team to 5 straight playoffs (6 overall), 4 straight division titles, holds nearly every passing record in Seahawk history (and what he doesn't hold is rarely lower than 2nd). All this with WRs who couldn't hold onto the ball - the drops that those receivers had still irritate me!!

I don't think he get's discounted ... He has his place in Seahawks history... He was a good to average QB that wasn't elite but did well overall...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Matt getting discounted here, but Russell does spoil us a bit, doesn't he.
Matt is the second best QB we have had on our team IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Matt getting discounted here, but Russell does spoil us a bit, doesn't he.
Matt is the second best QB we have had on our team IMO.

I would rank Dave Krieg right their with Matt .... Dave also did something Hass could never do, and that's lead his team to a road playoff win ... But Hass get's the overall nod because he did lead the team to it's first Super-Bowl appearance.... That's one thing I LOVE about Russ, it doesn't matter where he play's, he's mentally as strong as it gets... We are spoiled by Russ... When the day comes he hangs um up in Seattle we'll find out just how painful it is again with an average leader back they're ... Let's enjoy this ride...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is "no" wrong answer about Matty Hass's legacy. I agree with all points that he was a top 10 QB for a stretch of time and put the Hawks back on the map after an embarrassing amount of QB's we had after Kreig left, and his mental state did crash under pressure at times. No doubt though he is and always will be a great seahawk.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt was one the dang few QBs , that every was a decent QB for the Seahawks, I'd add Krieg as the other. Russell Wilson looks poised to be the best of the three, or already is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be honest people, you do not think that the 2005 Seahawks offense wouldn't have won the superbowl if they had the 2013 defense? you all are wacked lol :p

That team Had the #1 rated offense in the NFL lmao.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks had to be loud to be on the map. A Super Bowl and a "controversial" QB along with the mouth of Sherman and the swagger of the D.....

A really good franchise made this work, otherwise Seattle was just another team from southern Alaska....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks had to be loud to be on the map. A Super Bowl and a "controversial" QB along with the mouth of Sherman and the swagger of the D.....

A really good franchise made this work, otherwise Seattle was just another team from southern Alaska....

Very true and people are talking about them now. Now what I want is obviously another SB (duh) but a sustained culture of winning and being in the hunt for a SB run each year just like what NE has achieved over the years. Seattle has the pieces in place to make it happen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and people are talking about them now. Now what I want is obviously another SB (duh) but a sustained culture of winning and being in the hunt for a SB run each year just like what NE has achieved over the years. Seattle has the pieces in place to make it happen.

and along with that comes the hate and envy......