• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks rank amongst the most successful franchises

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at an opening day game, I think it was 1997, Jets Vs Seahawks, Dennis Erickson was our coach... John Friesz was our starting QB ... Jets destroyed us 41-3 lol ... I remember being baffled how Erickson started Friesz over Warren Moon, a proven veteran QB who could give you stability at the position at the very least... Anyway Friesz got booed out of the stadium and eventually Erickson went to Moon who played decent for us.... So yeah it sucks having a sub par QB... Were spoiled by Russ right now, he is SOOOOO fun to watch play....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at an opening day game, I think it was 1997, Jets Vs Seahawks, Dennis Erickson was our coach... John Friesz was our starting QB ... Jets destroyed us 41-3 lol ... I remember being baffled how Erickson started Friesz over Warren Moon, a proven veteran QB who could give you stability at the position at the very least... Anyway Friesz got booed out of the stadium and eventually Erickson went to Moon who played decent for us.... So yeah it sucks having a sub par QB... Were spoiled by Russ right now, he is SOOOOO fun to watch play....

We are more than due to have a special QB.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give Hasselbeck his due. We sniffed the playoffs more often than not with him under center.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give Hasselbeck his due. We sniffed the playoffs more often than not with him under center.

Hass was pretty good.... He wasn't and elite guy, but he was good... The only problem I had with him is in certain situations he would mentally collapse ... But overall he did a good job... I think his best game ever was vs the Redskins in the playoffs when Alexander got hurt and he stepped up and got the job done... We hadn't won a playoff game for 20 plus years and that helped this franchise turn a corner...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt was surely not as physically talented as RW, but he certainly has his place in Seahawks history. Huge hand in laying the foundation for a winning tradition, 3 pro bowls, franchise passing yards leader, and of course helmed our first SB appearance. RW is going to own all the records soon enough, but Matt is a surefire Ring of Honor member and one of the franchise's best. And on top of all that, great personality, sharp sense of humor, and really easy to root for.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hass was pretty good.... He wasn't and elite guy, but he was good... The only problem I had with him is in certain situations he would mentally collapse ... But overall he did a good job... I think his best game ever was vs the Redskins in the playoffs when Alexander got hurt and he stepped up and got the job done... We hadn't won a playoff game for 20 plus years and that helped this franchise turn a corner...

I would say that for a couple years there, Matt was a top 5 qb, but when the line collapsed toward the end of his tenure he got beat up and gun shy.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
A guy that totally reminds me of Hass, is Andy Dalton.
I always root for the guy but he always seems to get right up to the pinnacle of success only to collapse in a spectacular ball of flames. Either way its fun to watch

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
I always root for the guy but he always seems to get right up to the pinnacle of success only to collapse in a spectacular ball of flames. Either way its fun to watch

That's a good comparison... Dalton is a lot like Hass... I'll give Hass the edge though because he did rise to the occasion back in 2005 .... Dalton has seriously melted away and done nothing in the post season... What is Dalton like 0-4 in the post season... ? Something like that....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Hass could compete though. Dalton shows up in the playoffs and pisses his pants Immediately.

The lasting image I will have of Hass is his performance in the Beastquake game. That play stole the headlines, but Hass was at his best that night.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Dalton time. At this point in his career he may be at the point where Hass told us all that "we're gonna take the ball and we're gonna score." I actually love that Hass said that, even after the result. And I am just waiting for Dalton to finally keep his pants dry and raise some eyebrows

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Dalton time. At this point in his career he may be at the point where Hass told us all that "we're gonna take the ball and we're gonna score." I actually love that Hass said that, even after the result. And I am just waiting for Dalton to finally keep his pants dry and raise some eyebrows

Yeah, but at least in those early play-off games, Hass kept them in the game until late. Dalton may as well not even show up for big games. And I dont think he will ever be a big game QB. Hass always played with a lot of heart, Dalton not so much.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt was a top 10 QB before all the injuries and years mounted up, that's all you need in this NFL. Had he played with THIS defense he would have had a ring.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are more than due to have a special QB.
This was in now way a dis on Hass, or Kreig, or Jimmy Z. They were all solid, good QBs.
RW is a notch above them all.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God I was at that gross game too. If im not mistaken it was the first game parcells coached in nyj.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the players greed issues coming to light, i have a horrible gut feeling the team may implode this year...

Btw, thanks for blocking my ability to post new threads, very nazi germany of you guys.