• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Rams Week 10

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thur now is a must win and they have been so bad lately that I really just don't care.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too late for this season. The change should've happened right after last season was over with a Norton firing and searching for something... ANYTHING.

And now with all the diversity hiring bullshit Norton is probably here for the next 5 years. Wilson and Adams will probably want out lol.

Pete’s gotta have the courage to go for it, we got nothing to lose when our D is historically bad ... Just bring in Quinn now, he knows the system, he can plug right in, get things a little more organized, give the players a lift ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete killing us with his over the top loyalty, again.
Nobody will like this but its time for a controlled demolition of the whole franchise including wilson.
We have almost no draft capital.
You had me until you said, "Including Wilson"... We have a Franchise QB and you want to give up on him? LOL...

I wasn't in favor of extending Pete Carroll due to his age and the fact that teams have seemingly figured out his vanilla defense...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete’s gotta have the courage to go for it, we got nothing to lose when our D is historically bad ... Just bring in Quinn now, he knows the system, he can plug right in, get things a little more organized, give the players a lift ...

Oh I agree with you. Sooner we pull off the band-aid the better... just saying it'd be hard to fix it for this season.... at least next season there'd be some hope.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until you said, "Including Wilson"... We have a Franchise QB and you want to give up on him? LOL...
It would have to include a top 3 pick to draft his replacement. He isnt getting younger and his cap hit is enormous.

The really fucked up trading for adams, honestly it should be a fireable offense for wasting that draft capital. We needed DL not a safety.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp this is what we were ..well not we but some of us were talking about. That winning close games WOULD end and a losing streak would happen. To be honest if Wilson continues to play like crap and the Defense continues to be ... not a defense lol then we can bet on a 9-7 season getting maybe 3 wins the rest of the way.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to include a top 3 pick to draft his replacement. He isnt getting younger and his cap hit is enormous.

The really fucked up trading for adams, honestly it should be a fireable offense for wasting that draft capital. We needed DL not a safety.
He still has a good 5 years left in him and maybe more... We've definitely went all in this year with giving up draft picks so it will hurt us moving forward but we have to figure out how to do that w/out including RW... Also, I was wanting to get a younger up and coming HC instead of extending an aging PC.. Our defense will never improve because the NFL has figured it out... We have very good talent on defense and the defense is being exposed week after week... It's coaching...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bad game all the way around. Painful to watch. However I will go against the tide here and say I see a light up ahead ( no I haven't been drinking, LOL). The offense will be much better once the RBs return Carson, Hyde and Penny ( hopefully). They're playing with special teams RBs and one shrub they signed to fill in right now. With a decent run game RW can and I think will be much more successful and on point. Rather then what we all seen today. The defense has been horrible all season, but honestly played better today in the second half and gave the offense a chance to win. I'm hoping the improvement they did in that half carries forward. It's isn't ever going to be a good defense, but if they can do enough the Seahawks have a chance. A run game will help the defense by keeping them off the field....in theory.
Still in the thick of things. No need for fans to throw in the towel. Theirs hope...really there is.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp this is what we were ..well not we but some of us were talking about. That winning close games WOULD end and a losing streak would happen. To be honest if Wilson continues to play like crap and the Defense continues to be ... not a defense lol then we can bet on a 9-7 season getting maybe 3 wins the rest of the way.
RW has hampered us the past 3 of 4 games as much as the defense has... The phrase "Let Russ Cook" was coined prior to the season starting... Meaning, make sure RW throws the ball and keeps it in his hands more this season to make plays... Worked the first 5 games but has hurt us in 3 of the last 4... In a close game today, we could've used Alex Collins more than we did... They had their ears pinned back on defense today putting a lot of pressure on RW... We weren't out of it and we abandoned the run... Alex Collins wasn't doing that badly to not warrant more opportunity than we gave him...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bad game all the way around. Painful to watch. However I will go against the tide here and say I see a light up ahead ( no I haven't been drinking, LOL). The offense will be much better once the RBs return Carson, Hyde and Penny ( hopefully). They're playing with special teams RBs and one shrub they signed to fill in right now. With a decent run game RW can and I think will be much more successful and on point. Rather then what we all seen today. The defense has been horrible all season, but honestly played better today in the second half and gave the offense a chance to win. I'm hoping the improvement they did in that half carries forward. It's isn't ever going to be a good defense, but if they can do enough the Seahawks have a chance. A run game will help the defense by keeping them off the field....in theory.
Still in the thick of things. No need for fans to throw in the towel. Theirs hope...really there is.
I hope you're right but we need to have more balance on offense and balance... RW has shown the last 3 of 4 games that he can't carry a team on offense...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I didn't expect Seattle to go 1-3 in the last 4 games but I expected around 2-2... After this Thursday (maybe Seattle can eek out a win at home, hopefully Carson or Hyde is healthy and Pocic returns) the schedule outside of another Rams showing is an absolute cake walk. Even if we go 6-4 there's a decent chance we win the last 6 to end 12-4 and potentially compete with the division.

The Rams already played all the easy teams, the 49ers are just too banged up this year, and the Cards have 2 Rams games and come to Seattle... so we'll see.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expected 2-3 in the 5 games after the bye week with the way the defense is playing. If they can win Thursday they do that 2-3 if they lose then they are 1-4.... who said they digging the after bye weeks schedule?

Hey but the Rams didn't break 400 yards of offense YAY .. :L

only because they didn't need to, to win.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expected 2-3 in the 5 games after the bye week with the way the defense is playing.

Yah I was kind of thinkin' the same. If we win Thursday then it's sort of in line with my expectation and 12-4 should be do-able. Hopefully in that time Dunbar (who was NOT 100%, I'd say 60% last week, he should NOT have been playing), Griffin, Carson, Hyde, and some DL get healthy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

No one, but Snuggy, have opinions on how to Fix this offense....

Maybe a little perspective can help..

Remember how we Beatdown the 49ers in Seattle, Remember how well our offense played vs Miami....

THIS WAS A TEAM THAT GOT THEIR SHIT KICKED BY BOTH

Hell after the Miami game i went looking for a certain troll who was it out for us. It was like a nuclear meltdown their.

But we can get 13 points against them???

Unacceptable.

And no one has any options on how to fix it? Cool

Eh I didn't expect Seattle to go 1-3 in the last 4 games but I expected around 2-2... After this Thursday (maybe Seattle can eek out a win at home, hopefully Carson or Hyde is healthy and Pocic returns) the schedule outside of another Rams showing is an absolute cake walk. Even if we go 6-4 there's a decent chance we win the last 6 to end 12-4 and potentially compete with the division.

The Rams already played all the easy teams, the 49ers are just too banged up this year, and the Cards have 2 Rams games and come to Seattle... so we'll see.

Injuries are not a acceptable excuse.

We are banged up on defense as well and I don't see anyone using that for them

NEXT!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

No one, but Snuggy, have opinions on how to Fix this offense....

Maybe a little perspective can help..

Remember how we Beatdown the 49ers in Seattle, Remember how well our offense played vs Miami....

THIS WAS A TEAM THAT GOT THEIR SHIT KICKED BY BOTH

Hell after the Miami game i went looking for a certain troll who was it out for us. It was like a nuclear meltdown their.

But we can get 13 points against them???

Unacceptable.

And no one has any options on how to fix it? Cool

Injuries are not a acceptable excuse.

We are banged up on defense as well and I don't see anyone using that for them

NEXT!!!

to be Fair Wilson has played like dog shit since the Bye really.

How do you fix it? For one you have to go to Metcalf when he is one on one, He will win most of those battles. You got zero threat in the running game, you have to change that by running effectively on 1st downs and on short yardage situations. You got a QB forcing the issue when he doesn't have to force anything just play Wilson style football meaning SMART football. Get what you can get and live for the next play. We have seen him throw some INT's now when he could have ran for 1sts or even TD's.

The Offensive play calling is so predictable and the routes are a joke, Or OC is not built to play this way. We Cant convert 3rd down yet give them up like they are candy to opposing teams. Dissly is a threat and they have forgot about him and give him like one token play a game and i don't understand this because Olsen has been invisible for the most part. We need to make the TE a part of our attack again. Thank god Hollister is still here.

THE BIGGEST issue though is just poor Quarterback play and Defense which is not forcing the TO like they were before. Sorry but Wilson if he was leading the MVP race these last 4 games has removed him from top 5.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be Fair Wilson has played like dog shit since the Bye really.

How do you fix it? For one you have to go to Metcalf when he is one on one, He will win most of those battles. You got zero threat in the running game, you have to change that by running effectively on 1st downs and on short yardage situations. You got a QB forcing the issue when he doesn't have to force anything just play Wilson style football meaning SMART football. Get what you can get and live for the next play. We have seen him throw some INT's now when he could have ran for 1sts or even TD's.

The Offensive play calling is so predictable and the routes are a joke, Or OC is not built to play this way. We Cant convert 3rd down yet give them up like they are candy to opposing teams. Dissly is a threat and they have forgot about him and give him like one token play a game and i don't understand this because Olsen has been invisible for the most part. We need to make the TE a part of our attack again. Thank god Hollister is still here.

THE BIGGEST issue though is just poor Quarterback play and Defense which is not forcing the TO like they were before. Sorry but Wilson if he was leading the MVP race these last 4 games has removed him from top 5.

You bring up a point that I was thinking about...

Why not make Gadget plays and Gadget formations?

Why not have a play to use Swain's speed?

Why not have a play where Rockett is in a slot and Run a opition?

Why not have a formation whe Metcalf or Moore is in the backfield and use them as a powerback?

Just think Your a LB and you see Metcalf running right at you with the ball....

Me, I would get out of his way

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up a point that I was thinking about...

Why not make Gadget plays and Gadget formations?

Why not have a play to use Swain's speed?

Why not have a play where Rockett is in a slot and Run a opition?

Why not have a formation whe Metcalf or Moore is in the backfield and use them as a powerback?

Just think Your a LB and you see Metcalf running right at you with the ball....

Me, I would get out of his way

I've seen very little evolution out of our offense or any sort of changes since, but it's obvious without any sort of a running threat that we've somewhat abandoned the playaction and teams are not respecting Seattle's ability to run AT ALL. They know Wilson is going to pass and Wilson is needing to force the issue because teams are scoring at will on us. I'm also not sure why Wilson is making VERY questionable decisions all the sudden with his turnovers, but I can say the last few games he's been hit often... he may be a little hesitant back there, and not throwing any passes to DK early in this game was staggering given he was 1 on 1 a # of times. There was an instance where he was 1/1 against a 5'9" cornerback... chuck it to him... just get it up high.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen very little evolution out of our offense or any sort of changes since, but it's obvious without any sort of a running threat that we've somewhat abandoned the playaction and teams are not respecting Seattle's ability to run AT ALL. They know Wilson is going to pass and Wilson is needing to force the issue because teams are scoring at will on us. I'm also not sure why Wilson is making VERY questionable decisions all the sudden with his turnovers, but I can say the last few games he's been hit often... he may be a little hesitant back there, and not throwing any passes to DK early in this game was staggering given he was 1 on 1 a # of times. There was an instance where he was 1/1 against a 5'9" cornerback... chuck it to him... just get it up high.

That why I'm saying...

If we Have no running game, for now, Think outside the box...

Make the Wr's Be our Run game.

Like the Analogy i just Posted...

Shark, your a LB and you See DK Metcalf coming at you on a Run play with him being the ball holder, what do you do?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That why I'm saying...

If we Have no running game, for now, Think outside the box...

Make the Wr's Be our Run game.

Like the Analogy i just Posted...

Shark, your a LB and you See DK Metcalf coming at you on a Run play with him being the ball holder, what do you do?

Well my slow ass would dive and miss the tackle.... but I hear ya. I didn't even see that much playaction today. Just kind of shotgun and Wilson staring to one side of the field and then running around in the pocket lol. I thought our OL actually protected pretty well. Wilson really made some weird decisions though today. And no surprise Metcalf was getting frustrated. I get Ramsey is a good corner but c'mon.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Russell throwing his first pick when he had 20 yards of free field to run instead
  2. Russell taking the delay of game penalty, which led to his 2nd pick on the next play
  3. Not getting DK in the game earlier
  4. Two sketchy PI's called against Hawks
  5. Not going for it on 4th and inches (even though I thought it was probably the smart move at the time)
Those are the 5 major things that bugged me about this game, and the key reasons why we lost.

Honorable mention to the defense. But that goes without saying since they've been garbage all year any way.