• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Rams Week 10

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson was healthy, Signed Hyde, Homer still on the roster and drafted DeeJay.
They knew carson was a health risk, hide is a used up jag, dallas is ok but not a lead back. They did the bare minimum. For a team that wants to be run first and dominant, thats not enough.

Penny will never be the same, as far as im concerned his career is basically finished and he will wash out in a few years

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew carson was a health risk, hide is a used up jag, dallas is ok but not a lead back. They did the bare minimum. For a team that wants to be run first and dominant, thats not enough.

Penny will never be the same, as far as im concerned his career is basically finished and he will wash out in a few years
Many analysts were on the side of the fence saying the Hawks are stacked at the RB position heading into the season...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they knew they'd be getting Penny back at some point too. They thought they would be fine at RB. Who knew they'd lose their #1, #2, and #3 RB's all at the same time, and before Penny was back? Nobody could know how thin the Seahawks would suddenly be a RB before the season started.

SIDE NOTE: I just read that if Penny doesn't return to practice this week (week 11) that he will become ineligible to return this year and will be required to stay on the PUP list for the rest of the season.
Haven't heard a word on his progress so I'm guessing he'll be IR'd the rest of the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying but health risk or not, the FO can not spend multiple draft picks on the RB position especially since they are no longer a run first team. That scheme finally changed after last season. There were other team needs that needed to be drafted first before drafting a second RB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many analysts were on the side of the fence saying the Hawks are stacked at the RB position heading into the season...

Media people are 90% coming up with BS so they have something to talk about. They were wrong, we arent stacked we are where we were last year and its killing the team again.

I get what you're saying but health risk or not, the FO can not spend multiple draft picks on the RB position especially since they are no longer a run first team. That scheme finally changed after last season. There were other team needs that needed to be drafted first before drafting a second RB.
They should have drafted one higher. This draft so far is another ho hum, nobody really stands out at the moment but we will see.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media people are 90% coming up with BS so they have something to talk about. They were wrong, we arent stacked we are where we were last year and its killing the team again.

They should have drafted one higher. This draft so far is another ho hum, nobody really stands out at the moment but we will see.
It's tough to draft a RB higher in the draft cause Carson was going to be fully healthy, Hyde to back up, Homer as the RB3 and Penny who we thought would have been back by now. Maybe next year they take a RB with a higher pick but they don't have a whole lot of picks to spare at the moment.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy to say now... What would you have done differently? Here was your comment after our draft in May '20... You made this comment before we signed Carlos Hyde... You were basically saying that you'd rather play our rookie rather than sign another RB...

1605670844134.png

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say now... What would you have done differently? Here was your comment after our draft in May '20... You made this comment before we signed Carlos Hyde... You were basically saying that you'd rather play our rookie rather than sign another RB...

View attachment 258692
Oh damn, I thought we signed Hyde before the draft. Anyways, it was a good signing on the cheap side.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hindsight is 20/20. If they'd have spent a high draft pick on a RB last year while they still had Carson, Penny, and Homer on the roster this board would have went crazy asking "why??"

It's easy to wish we had a better RB over the past 3 games, but it really wasn't the Seahawk's front office fault that we didn't. There's only so many roster spots and we had 5 RB's already. It is incredibly rare that any team's top 3 RB's all go out at the exact same time. That just comes down to plain old bad luck.

And when you look at our draft last year I would agree it looks fairly ho-hum as you say. But we have to look at that draft as including Jamal Adams too. We didn't technically draft him, but we used our draft picks to get him. So I think he counts in our "draft" picks. And he's been a monster when he's on the field. Just bad luck (again) that he got injured for a few games.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 258692
I was on here pre draft talking about RBs and there were some good ones going in. I liked the dallas pick but it wasnt what we needed.
It is incredibly rare that any team's top 3 RB's all go out at the exact same time. That just comes down to plain old bad luck.
It happened last year, it wasnt hard to see coming. Carson has always been injury prone, its part of being a juggernaut. Unfortunately they didnt have the hindsight to get another RB like him and instead went with small or finesse backs.

Really really sucks that they keep throwing away draft capital on guys that dont work out. I dont think the team can keep doing that and survive