• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks control their own destiny?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the services of Bamm Bamm, Sherman, Avril, Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, Graham combined with the injuries to Thomas and KJ, this team is on the verge of having a better season then last year. Let that sink in

Pete's done a heck of a job putting this young team in position to get into the playoffs.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the services of Bamm Bamm, Sherman, Avril, Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, Graham combined with the injuries to Thomas and KJ, this team is on the verge of having a better season then last year. Let that sink in
Good point. This team is a better team than last year's version.
Loving it!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's really down to us, the Vikings, Skins and the Eagles for the wildcard spots. With an outside chance the Panthers could get there. The Vikings have that tie on their record which is big for them and gives them a tiebreaker against any team with the same amount of wins. Our biggest concern now is the Eagles and Skins. Both could catch us and pass us depending what happens these last two weeks. We still control our own fate though. Win one game and we're in. And the the Skins and Eagles play each other the last game of the season so one of them will eliminate the other. And we all have tough match ups this upcoming week. We get the Chiefs, the Eagles get the Texans (at home), and the Skins get Tennessee on the road. I wouldn't be shocked if all three of us lose this weekend and it comes down to the last game of the season. That loss yesterday was huge.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Panthers are only threats if they leapfrog us. Their conference records are guaranteed to be worse than Seattle's so no tiebreaker worries there.

Redskins could tie us in conference record (at 7-5) if we lose to Arizona, and then it gets a bit dicey, I think because their strength of victory is higher.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying but that is a bit misleading... For example, those players didn't play the entire season last year... the amount of games those players played last year w/ us were:
  • (4) Avril
  • (9) Sherman
  • (9) "Bamm Bamm"

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks beat AZ, they are in, period.

If they beat KC (which doesn't do any good for their conference record), there is still the possibility that they could lose to AZ. If they lose to AZ and then Seattle and Washington both finish at 9-7, both Seattle and Washington would have 7-5 conference records.

The next tie breaker is performance against common opponents. They would also tie on that one, at 4-1. Next tiebreaker is strength of victory. Right now, Seattle is only very slightly ahead of Washington on that one. Like almost a tie. It would come down to how the teams that Seattle beat perform, relative to the teams that Washington beat, over the next two weeks. Looking at the respective teams in question, Seattle would probably have a better chance of winning this one but anything could happen.

So, long story short, a win against KC will put Seattle in the playoffs but only if Washington or Minnesota lose this weekend. Otherwise, it goes to week 17.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks beat AZ, they are in, period.

If they beat KC (which doesn't do any good for their conference record), there is still the possibility that they could lose to AZ. If they lose to AZ and then Seattle and Washington both finish at 9-7, both Seattle and Washington would have 7-5 conference records.

The next tie breaker is performance against common opponents. They would also tie on that one, at 4-1. Next tiebreaker is strength of victory. Right now, Seattle is only very slightly ahead of Washington on that one. Like almost a tie. It would come down to how the teams that Seattle beat perform, relative to the teams that Washington beat, over the next two weeks. Looking at the respective teams in question, Seattle would probably have a better chance of winning this one but anything could happen.

So, long story short, a win against KC will put Seattle in the playoffs but only if Washington or Minnesota lose this weekend. Otherwise, it goes to week 17.

If Seattle beats KC, they get a big boost in SOV. It's almost certainly enough to cover whatever other results happen with teams WAS and SEA have played. It's not a sure thing but I think it would take a minor miracle for WAS to make up the ground. I believe Washington becomes a much larger threat if Seattle loses out and WAS wins one and they both tie at 8-8.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that if Seattle beats KC, independent of anything else happening, their odds go above 99% to make the playoffs. So, yeah, just win one more.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Washington losing today, A Seahawk win in their last two games guarantees them a playoff spot

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that if Seattle beats KC, independent of anything else happening, their odds go above 99% to make the playoffs. So, yeah, just win one more.

1 more when and they are in the playoffs no matter what happens. Thats 100% in my book.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oof i did mean win