• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks control their own destiny?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a tad early but the way I'm looking at the schedule is that if we handle our own business there should be no way we can miss the playoffs.

We are currently in the 7 slot, just outside the playoffs, with tie breakers over the teams on our heels GB, Detroit and Dallas. Although GB has that tie that could come into play.

We still play the two teams in the 5 and 6 slots. Carolina and Minny. If we can beat either one, or hopefully both, that would put us in a playoff spot. Although Minny has that pesky tie on their record too, and that could be a monkey wrench in all this. And the other 4 remaining games are Cards, SFx2, and KC. If the Hawks win the ones they ought to they should take 3 out of 4 of those.

That would put us at 9-7 or 10-6, and it would mean the playoffs since we would have had to beat at least one of teams ahead of us to get there.

No guarantees of anything of course. But I really didn't expect much out of this season at the beginning to be honest. I was thinking re-build year for sure. So to be in a position this late in the season with a realistic shot at the playoff is a pretty good surprise for this team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, just looked at this again. Looks like Minny with that tie is the biggest problem for us right now. Still if we defeat them, we should be in good shape. Especially since they still play N.E., G.B., and Chicago.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if we beat the vikings we can get in barring some huge upset against the niners and cards. i dont think we will beat the panthers or chiefs.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Minn-GB tie is a big decider.

Because they tied, there will be no tie breaker with those teams (unless another tie occurs.)

That is why this game w/Carolina is huge.
Beat Carolina, BOTH teams 6-5, we have the tie breaker, lose to Carolina, then we are basically 3 games back of them.
If we lose, CP would be 7-4, and Seahawks would be 5-6, 2 games back but losing the tie breaker.

The Panther game is a MUST win.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we can go ahead and pencil in the KC game in week 16 as a loss, so IMO that makes @CAR and MIN huge games. The other are should wins against trash teams, but after dropping the 2 early Denver/Chicago games, we need to pick up these pick-em wins for a playoff shot.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we can go ahead and pencil in the KC game in week 16 as a loss, so IMO that makes @CAR and MIN huge games. The other are should wins against trash teams, but after dropping the 2 early Denver/Chicago games, we need to pick up these pick-em wins for a playoff shot.

I think if we played KC this week they'd absolutely murder us. But by week 16 it's entirely possible they've locked up their playoff position and could be resting guys. Week 16, in all likelihood, will be a far more important game to the Seahawks than the Chiefs. So that is the one glimmer of hope I put into that match up.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we played KC this week they'd absolutely murder us. But by week 16 it's entirely possible they've locked up their playoff position and could be resting guys. Week 16, in all likelihood, will be a far more important game to the Seahawks than the Chiefs. So that is the one glimmer of hope I put into that match up.

I have 3 more glimmer.

A) Mahomes has never faced Seahawks sound
B) Mahomes has never faced a outside pass rush like ours
C) KC defense has never faced a Run game like ours. With a 4 headed monster

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C is the only one that I'd pin my hopes on. The same way we had a chance to win both Rams games, we pound KC into submission. Hit some chunk plays on play action.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 more glimmer.

B and C are maybes. But I wouldn't put too much into A. The Chiefs also play in one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. Aren't Seattle and KC always going back and forth for bragging rights about loudest stadiums? I think KC is the current leader in that contest. So Mahomes may not be as used to the noise while on offense, but he's definitely used to being in a super loud environment.

I just hope they've clinched home field throughout the playoffs by week 16. Then guys like Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and Hunt will see limited playing time.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes against good teams (Patriots/Rams) has 7 turnovers so if we can pressure him, he' tends to get rattled and careless with the ball...

Confident we can at least contend and possibly win w/ the way we've played the Rams both games...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for nearly all of the teams on the playoff bubble, winning out is a sure way to get in. Seahawks included. No way we would miss the playoffs with an 11-5 record. But the chances of getting there are pretty remote.

We can easily handle 1 more loss, maybe 2 depending on who it is against. If we can even split vs Minn & Car, we are probably in decent shape.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our games against Caroline and Vikings... They've been jeckle/hyde as well... I think we can sweep them if we can hold them both under 20pts... Being 4th in points against in the NFC is pretty dang good considering we've played the Rams 2x's...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 more glimmer.

He's beaten the Broncos twice this year and their pass rush is better than ours.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time. Let’s see how this next game goes. I got the Seahawks winning, but it’s far from a given.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time. Let’s see how this next game goes. I got the Seahawks winning, but it’s far from a given.
Absolutely. I just think it's a good position to be in when you are trailing in a playoff race and you get to play the teams that are ahead of you in the standings instead of hoping that other teams beat them for you. In that regard the Seahawks have more control over their own playoff hopes then if they didn't play Carolina and Minnesota. But they need to win one game at a time, and can't take any of the games for granted, because with so many teams in the hunt we won't know who gets that last wildcard until the very last game of the season.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas win yesterday changes things a bit. Washington now bumps us down one spot. And even if we win this weekend against the Panthers I think all that does is move Washington into the playoff spot that the Panthers currently own. A Seahawk win this weekend would put us in a three way tie with Carolina and Washington, but Washington has the best conference record of the three of us and they also hold a tiebreaker over Carolina since they beat them this year. But!! I don't expect the Redskins to finish strong due to the Alex Smith situation so there's that I guess.

Wow, there are a lot of moving parts in this playoff race right now. It will be a lot more clear by Tuesday.