• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks control their own destiny?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Double standard in this society we live in... Women want equality, which I'm 100% in favor of that... I have all daughters and grew up with all sisters so I'm definitely stand for equality... It's just a bit concerning because it seems like the pendulum has swung much further to the women's side when it comes to these kind of issues... For example, do you ever hear of a women hitting a guy first? I don't... Why? It happens all the time and more than people want to acknowledge...

In this case, the woman charged at Hunt first from what the video shows... After that, Hunt went on the offensive... Hunt shouldn't have continued to go after the woman after the first shoved her... It's just very concerning how "equality" doesn't come into play when it comes to DV... You can't tell me that only men start these altercations physically... Women do so as well... I was slapped by a women when I was in college at a party because I broke up with her in front of our friends... She hauled off and smacked me giving me a bloody nose... Would it have gone anywhere had I pressed charges? Probably not but if I smacked her, charges probably would've been made towards me with jail time...

Last year while we were Christmas shopping, we saw a girlfriend/wife beating her husband with her purse in the parking lot... He pushed her off and began walking away and she continued to chase him hitting him w/ her purse... He finally ripped the purse from her and chucked it... He then kept trying to walk away and she picked up rocks and began throwing them at him... (2) ladies finally grabbed the women and held her until the guy got far enough away where she couldn't keep chasing him... The guy was doing everything he could to get away from her... No chargers were made against that woman... But, had that been the guy beating her with the purse and throwing rocks at her while she tried to get away, that man would be doing some jail time with a record against him...

So I ask again, why don't we hear of men pressing charges against women? We embarrassed to have been hit by a women and take it public? Easier for us to dismiss and shrug it off? Who knows but there is too much momentum building up on the one side that makes instances like Hunts get blown out of proportion... It's definitely a sensitive subject... If a man is guilty, then shame on him - he should get what he deserves... But if a women is guilty, same should apply...

So why DID you break up with her in front of your friends?

As for the rest, you ended up with a bloody nose, women end up dead. Other than that, EXACTLY the same.

The number of American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2012 was 6,488. The number of American women who were murdered by current or ex male partners during that time was 11,766. That's nearly double the amount of casualties lost during war.

30 Numbers That Prove Domestic Violence Is An American Epidemic

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing numbers of troop deaths in combat to women murdered by male partners is pretty strange. Less than 1% of our citizens have served in uniform. I am going to guess the % of women who were in relationships between 2001 and 2012 is a lot higher than what amounts to twice the number of citizens who have been to war.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why DID you break up with her in front of your friends?

As for the rest, you ended up with a bloody nose, women end up dead. Other than that, EXACTLY the same.

30 Numbers That Prove Domestic Violence Is An American Epidemic

You are making a large leap in comparisons. You are suggesting when a woman attacks a man the man ends up with a bloody nose, but when men attack women the women end up dead. That's just plain wrong and a gross distortion of the truth. Men do kill more women than the other way around, but guess what? Men also kill more men than anyone else too. Also, women do kill men in domestic violence cases. Approx 20% of all homicides committed by women are done to an intimate partner of theirs. And, it's also possible for a DV case to occur where the man does not kill the woman. Case in point would be the Hunt video where he assaults the woman by barely kicking her in the ass with enough force to lift a cat off the ground. FYI, she didn't die.

So how about we just agree that ALL DV cases are bad and shouldn't happen. And lets also agree that all "assaults" are not equal.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing: This thread has gotten derailed. Let's get it back to just discussing our playoff scenarios. There's lots of room in the politics forum for DV debates.

Reactions: JMR

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy enough... Seems like almost all the teams that the Hawks have needed to lose the past few weeks have done so for the most part... Redskins stumbling last night as well... Seattle definitely controls their destiny holding down the 5th seed for the time being... A win against the Vikings, would pretty much secure a postseason spot assuming we beat Cards and 49ers... Crazy how things change in the NFL...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Kendrick back should be a huge boost to the defense. Adding such a talented LB should help shore up some of the issues the team has had against opposing RBs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy enough... Seems like almost all the teams that the Hawks have needed to lose the past few weeks have done so for the most part... Redskins stumbling last night as well... Seattle definitely controls their destiny holding down the 5th seed for the time being... A win against the Vikings, would pretty much secure a postseason spot assuming we beat Cards and 49ers... Crazy how things change in the NFL...
Yeah, our 3 game win streak plus nearly all of those other bubble NFC teams losing lately has us on the inside track. fivethirtyeight.com has us at an 88% chance to make it right now. If we are shooting free throws, that's a Larry Bird or Reggie Miller level of confidence. I'll take that no problem.

I am guessing with a win over Minn we would have to lose out not to make it. And if we do lose the Vikings game, beat AZ and SF and I bet we are still locked in.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. The Hawks have done their part, and we've been extremely fortunate with how the other games turned in our favor. I'll take it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making a large leap in comparisons. You are suggesting when a woman attacks a man the man ends up with a bloody nose, but when men attack women the women end up dead. That's just plain wrong and a gross distortion of the truth. Men do kill more women than the other way around, but guess what? Men also kill more men than anyone else too. Also, women do kill men in domestic violence cases. Approx 20% of all homicides committed by women are done to an intimate partner of theirs. And, it's also possible for a DV case to occur where the man does not kill the woman. Case in point would be the Hunt video where he assaults the woman by barely kicking her in the ass with enough force to lift a cat off the ground. FYI, she didn't die.

So how about we just agree that ALL DV cases are bad and shouldn't happen. And lets also agree that all "assaults" are not equal.

I didn't start us down this comparison road. I didn't start the 'women do it too!' refrains.

I'm giving some context as to WHY society takes men kicking women in lobbies seriously.

There's REASONS for that, please click on the link I posted upthread.

I'm not saying women are saints. I'm saying that the percentages (men vs women, women vs men) aren't even in same stratosphere, let alone the same ballpark.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing: This thread has gotten derailed. Let's get it back to just discussing our playoff scenarios. There's lots of room in the politics forum for DV debates.

I for one don't venture into the political threads. Even if I disagree with you guys now and then, YOU'RE all well-behaved saints compared to the people in the poli threads.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Kendrick back should be a huge boost to the defense. Adding such a talented LB should help shore up some of the issues the team has had against opposing RBs.

For sure... He's going to be a sight for sore eyes...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calitro plays as well as he has been, Kendriks - Wagner - Calitro is a nice lineup back there. Sadly Mingo hasn't seemed to translate his preseason showing into the regular season at all.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calitro plays as well as he has been, Kendriks - Wagner - Calitro is a nice lineup back there. Sadly Mingo hasn't seemed to translate his preseason showing into the regular season at all.
It appears KJ Wright could be back soon as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been thinking since October that this Vikings game is the big one. The Hawks should win this. All signs point to that but I have fears about it. Their receivers, TE, and running backs scare the hell outta me. All I can hope for is that our front gets into Cousins face and turns him into a "deer in the headlights" like NE did. Cousins is historically awful in prime time and vs winning teams so we have a shot.
And their D is solid but the run D is not as good as the pass D. The Hawks hopefully run it down the Vikes throat and score TD's like we have been and it should go well.
The game in San Fran could be a trap. We should win for sure but it won't be the same blowout we had this week. No gimme in a div game at their house ever, regardless of standings or anything else.
K.C. is a bad match-up. As well as the D has played, the Chiefs are too good on offense to stop completely and will still be fighting for their division and HFA. But their D gives up almost as much as they score so if our guys can just force a couple of TO's or make a big stop, we might have a shot.
And the Cards game is never easy no matter how bad they are.
2-2 would be a low bar
3-1 is what I think
4-0 would be awesome and watch out Dallas or Philly WC weekend.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one big positive for the Hawks is the Vikes are on the road for second straight week. Most teams don't do well on their second of back to back road trips and it helped they went to NE and now have to fly over to Seattle. That's a lot of traveling to do this late into the season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina's in free fall. Just dropped to Cleveland 26-20. At 6-7, they're having to win out to even have a chance at a Wild Card - and that includes 2 against New Orleans, who is looking to win out to get a shot at the home field. Hard to imagine that Carolina could be a 10 loss team after starting 6-2

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle got pretty much every result it could want yesterday.

Tonight's game means more as a measuring stick than it does for their mathematical playoff hopes.