• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks control their own destiny?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win tonight. This will nearly cement a playoff spot. GO HAWKS!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% chance to make the playoffs. One win between the San Francisco and Arizona games locks it up.
I am guessing a win in any of the final 3 locks it up, and there's still a decent chance we make it at 8-8 just because of how well we are sitting in the tie-breaker situation with wins over every non-div NFC team we have played outside of Chicago.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes if the Hawks win Next week in San Fran they are locked in all ready for the playoffs. So a win next week and they are in even though they have 2 games left after that.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Hawks have done what they had to do (WIN), 4 in a row, and the last 3 weeks Nearly EVERY team we needed to lose did just that.

So, instead of clinching in week 16 or 17, the Hawks can now do that in week 15.
The Hawks did their job, other teams FAILED to do theirs.

Looking good for the Playoffs.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing a win in any of the final 3 locks it up, and there's still a decent chance we make it at 8-8 just because of how well we are sitting in the tie-breaker situation with wins over every non-div NFC team we have played outside of Chicago.

An NFC win definitely locks it up, as it ensures none of the chasers can catch Seattle in conference record. Beat the Chiefs and no one else and they leave themselves open to lower tiebreakers (which only matter vs certain teams admittedly)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope this team doesn't look past the Niners on to the Chiefs game. At this point if Seattle beats San Fran/Arizona being division games + record they are a lock for the wild card, so I'd almost prefer playing hard against the Niners, just REST on the Chiefs, and come back with everyone healthy for a Cardinals game. If we beat the Niners/Cards (easier teams) we're a lock for the 5th seed I believe (due to tiebreakers). Why kill yourself over a Chiefs game?

Chiefs are not that good anyway IMO so ignore the "feel good win" trash. They are one of the 'hyped' teams I am pegging to be a first round 'played' exit. Chiefs have a GARBAGE defense (2nd worst in the league, and even then competing for worst all time). They're not as great as everyone thinks... it's just a bunch of fantasy morons that are like, "OMGOMGOM G CHIEFFS ARE ELITE!" dorks out there.

Defense wins Championships. Chiefs don't have one. One of the 3-4 top 10 Ds int he AFC will easily shut them down - JUST like the Chargers did last night (called LA winning that game especially with Bosa back in action).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team really needs to focus on winning this weekend which I think should be the case. Once we win and lock up a playoff spot we need to shut down the vets that have had injury problems all season like DB, KJ, DJ Fluker, and whoever else until the playoffs start.

At the same time I would love to beat the chiefs and win out and finish the season 11-5 that would be amazing and great momentum heading into the playoffs

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team really needs to focus on winning this weekend which I think should be the case. Once we win and lock up a playoff spot we need to shut down the vets that have had injury problems all season like DB, KJ, DJ Fluker, and whoever else until the playoffs start.

At the same time I would love to beat the chiefs and win out and finish the season 11-5 that would be amazing and great momentum heading into the playoffs

I agree with this up to a point, If they are healthy I'd have them play a half in week 17, to remove the rust and get them back into the groove while limiting the chance of them getting hurt. We've seen teams like the colts who were 13-3 take the week off and come out lame costing them. Now there's always the risk they get hurt during that time but I feel its worth the risk, at least that's my opinion.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer momentum to resting guys . Of course, if a guy is nursing an injury, I don't want him out there. It's not worth the risk. What I don't like is sitting healthy guys just because of what "might" happen. Playing any sport half assed based on the fear of getting hurt is not playing to win. If bad shit happens, it happens and second guessing is just a waste of energy. I guess that can be said for the counter point to that as well. Whatever, it's just an opinion (I also have an asshole that's likely full of shit so that might be what my opinion is worth).

Of course, I'm selfish and greedy and want a 7-1 second half and a run to at least the NFCCC.

At any rate cheers guys. Let's hope the boys can shock the world and we will enjoy any ride that comes our way.
:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope this team doesn't look past the Niners on to the Chiefs game. At this point if Seattle beats San Fran/Arizona being division games + record they are a lock for the wild card, so I'd almost prefer playing hard against the Niners, just REST on the Chiefs, and come back with everyone healthy for a Cardinals game. If we beat the Niners/Cards (easier teams) we're a lock for the 5th seed I believe (due to tiebreakers). Why kill yourself over a Chiefs game?

Chiefs are not that good anyway IMO so ignore the "feel good win" trash. They are one of the 'hyped' teams I am pegging to be a first round 'played' exit. Chiefs have a GARBAGE defense (2nd worst in the league, and even then competing for worst all time). They're not as great as everyone thinks... it's just a bunch of fantasy morons that are like, "OMGOMGOM G CHIEFFS ARE ELITE!" dorks out there.

Defense wins Championships. Chiefs don't have one. One of the 3-4 top 10 Ds int he AFC will easily shut them down - JUST like the Chargers did last night (called LA winning that game especially with Bosa back in action).

I wouldn't worry about these guys looking past the Niners. They have a great chance to do something that the national media said they couldn't accomplish at the beginning of the season because it's a rebuild year. Snag a WC.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't worry about these guys looking past the Niners. They have a great chance to do something that the national media said they couldn't accomplish at the beginning of the season because it's a rebuild year. Snag a WC.

I am convinced NFL teams/players do not do this. Every team's players get paid. They have pride, and they want to win. None of them think there's an easy win out there. The Colts recently laid a turd at the feet of the terrible Jaguars, and the Dolphins just beat NE.....not because a team was overlooked but because in this league, there just isn't all that much difference in talent from one team to the next, unlike college fb. Any given Sunday is a real thing.

The Niners would like nothing better to put a dash of worry in our playoff hopes, and we should get their best shot. I'm heading off to the airport here in a bit and will be at the game tomorrow, and I'm confident we'll give them ours as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on this one. Like @JMR said, it's an any given Sunday league. Not only that but the leadership on this team is not in question, imo. Bobby Wagner will keep the guys on defense focused and Russell will have the offense in the right mindset. And I really think they want to treat every game as a must win even if it isn't.

I had a discussion on the main board about the Hawks sitting guys out week 16 vs KC. I just don't see that either. Regardless if we are locked into that 5 seed or not, PC doesn't believe in playing the game like that. And I think he would respect the Chargers too much for that BS.

Need to keep this snowball rolling down that hill, I think. #gohawks

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in sitting healthy players because of the "what if". Let the banged up ones sit, for sure, but you can't play to win by sitting healthy players.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on this one. Like @JMR said, it's an any given Sunday league. Not only that but the leadership on this team is not in question, imo. Bobby Wagner will keep the guys on defense focused and Russell will have the offense in the right mindset. And I really think they want to treat every game as a must win even if it isn't.

I had a discussion on the main board about the Hawks sitting guys out week 16 vs KC. I just don't see that either. Regardless if we are locked into that 5 seed or not, PC doesn't believe in playing the game like that. And I think he would respect the Chargers too much for that BS.

Need to keep this snowball rolling down that hill, I think. #gohawks

I could see us playing the first half starters and second half bench in week 16 if the 5 seed is locked up on Sunday afternoon.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Pete isn't a big fan of "resting" players, and should we win today, 2 weeks is a lot for that idea, but given how injuries affect a team and where this team is, coming up as an underdog, I want some conservative thinking going into the playoffs.

If the KC and AR games don't matter, I'd love to let guys like Wagner, McDougald, Clark, Brown, and Carson have a half or so off of each game.

Don't let em check out of the competitiveness, but you have to limit their exposure to possible injury when it's completely avoidable.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the services of Bamm Bamm, Sherman, Avril, Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, Graham combined with the injuries to Thomas and KJ, this team is on the verge of having a better season then last year. Let that sink in