• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks control their own destiny?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas win yesterday changes things a bit. Washington now bumps us down one spot. And even if we win this weekend against the Panthers I think all that does is move Washington into the playoff spot that the Panthers currently own. A Seahawk win this weekend would put us in a three way tie with Carolina and Washington, but Washington has the best conference record of the three of us and they also hold a tiebreaker over Carolina since they beat them this year. But!! I don't expect the Redskins to finish strong due to the Alex Smith situation so there's that I guess.

Wow, there are a lot of moving parts in this playoff race right now. It will be a lot more clear by Tuesday.
Our wins & losses are going to iron all that stuff out. If we can get to 10-6, I don't think it much matters what anyone else does. If we can't do better than 9 wins, we'll be worrying about all these tie breaker scenarios, but no real sense fretting too much about it this far out. Those teams play each other too....and Dallas plays NO next.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was huge today. Gives us another extremely valuable tie breaker against another NFC wildcard contender.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win today. 4 of our last 5 games are in Seattle. That's good.

That Vikings game is going to be huge. If we win that we are in GREAT position for a playoff spot.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Vikings loss helps us more than a Packers loss. Shit does this mean I have to cheer for the Packers tonight

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Vikings game is going to be huge. If we win that we are in GREAT position for a playoff spot.

Yep, only road game is in SF ... We do have a couple tough home games but that's ok, Minny and KC will be dog fights, but that's cool, Seattle needs more dog fights to improve...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Vikings loss helps us more than a Packers loss. Shit does this mean I have to cheer for the Packers tonight
I'm glad the Vikings won. They have a MUCH tougher remaining schedule than GB. If the Packers had won that game last night, I think there's a fair to midland chance they end up with 10 wins. Now it's impossible, and the Vikings next 2 games are against NE and us. They have a couple other losable games as well.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Vikings won. They have a MUCH tougher remaining schedule than GB. If the Packers had won that game last night, I think there's a fair to midland chance they end up with 10 wins. Now it's impossible, and the Vikings next 2 games are against NE and us. They have a couple other losable games as well.

Good point. I was on the fence as to which team winning would be worse for the Hawks. But I think you're right, last nights loss by GB basically eliminates them. And Minny has to go to Foxborough next week which is near impossible to win at, and we get the 9ers at the Clink. So that has to be advantage us right?

We are still in the drivers seat and we still control our own destiny. As long as we keep winning nobody can keep us from making the playoffs as far as I can tell. It's been great racking up playoff tie-breaking wins against NFC teams in the hunt for that last wildcard spot. It gives us a huge advantage over GB, Detroit, Dallas, and now the Panthers. With any luck the Pats beat Minny and then we beat them the week after and that would nearly solidify a playoff birth. Good stuff. This last part of the season is going to be fun!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go 4-1 to finish the season, we are in the playoffs. That means we need to beat one of either the Vikings or Chiefs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go 4-1 to finish the season, we are in the playoffs. That means we need to beat one of either the Vikings or Chiefs.
Right now it would be quite a disappointment to lose to Minn. They have some nice WRs, and Dalvin Cook is pretty cook on the rare occasion he plays, but they shouldn't come in here and beat us in prime time.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it would be quite a disappointment to lose to Minn. They have some nice WRs, and Dalvin Cook is pretty cook on the rare occasion he plays, but they shouldn't come in here and beat us in prime time.

Losing to the Vikings wouldn't be as bad as losing to the Cards or 9ers in my opinion. At least they are a good team. We absolutely can not lose to losing teams that are very beatable. We are counting on those wins. If we lose to the Niners or Cards it might not matter what happens in our games with the Chiefs and Vikes. We could still catch the Skins for the last playoff spot even if we lose to the Vikes. And right now the only tie breaker they have on us is a better conference record. So we must win the winnable conference games for sure and hopefully the Skins have a stumble or two down the stretch which is quite possible since they've lost their starting QB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Vikings wouldn't be as bad as losing to the Cards or 9ers in my opinion. At least they are a good team. We absolutely can not lose to losing teams that are very beatable. We are counting on those wins. If we lose to the Niners or Cards it might not matter what happens in our games with the Chiefs and Vikes. We could still catch the Skins for the last playoff spot even if we lose to the Vikes. And right now the only tie breaker they have on us is a better conference record. So we must win the winnable conference games for sure and hopefully the Skins have a stumble or two down the stretch which is quite possible since they've lost their starting QB.
Yeah, I think at this point we are all assuming we'll handle our business in the 3 games vs AZ & SF. If we don't, then we don't really belong in the playoffs.

We should be 7-5 heading into the Monday nighter vs the Vikings. We can probably knock them out of the playoffs or at least give ourselves a big leg up on them with a win. It will be a huge game with playoff-like atmosphere. The buildup is going to be unlike any other game of the year, so the hit to the emotions with a loss would be crushing. As much as what will be on the line there, it'll be a massive disappointment to lose it....at home, Monday night, playoffs on the line, etc.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think at this point we are all assuming we'll handle our business in the 3 games vs AZ & SF. If we don't, then we don't really belong in the playoffs.

We should be 7-5 heading into the Monday nighter vs the Vikings. We can probably knock them out of the playoffs or at least give ourselves a big leg up on them with a win. It will be a huge game with playoff-like atmosphere. The buildup is going to be unlike any other game of the year, so the hit to the emotions with a loss would be crushing. As much as what will be on the line there, it'll be a massive disappointment to lose it....at home, Monday night, playoffs on the line, etc.

I wouldn't argue with any of that. A win there would all but seal a playoff spot unless the wheels completely fall off in the last 3 games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a correlation between sacks allowed and winning?

Record when giving up 4+ sacks: 0-4 (Denver, Chicago, Chargers, Rams).

Record when giving up 3 or less: 5-1 (Rams).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before the season started, had anyone had said that we'd be 6-5 at this point of the season while playing 7 away games, i'd take it...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started, had anyone had said that we'd be 6-5 at this point of the season while playing 7 away games, i'd take it...
Yeah, we are sitting in a pretty good spot right now. For those who predicted 10 wins, 6-5 after 11 is probably a subset of that. Before the season started, I thought this team was going to remind us of the 2012 version to a large degree -- lots of young players making it a bumpy start but building into a tough team later in the year. It's working out fairly close to that. That team was 11-5. Very difficult to get to 11 wins from 6-5, but it's definitely in the possible range of outcomes.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll add that probably nobody thought this team would be 4-3 on the road thru 7 while winning 4 of the last 5. Really remarkable.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good weekend of us the Vikings play the patriots and the Skins play the Eagles with a backup QB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good weekend of us the Vikings play the patriots and the Skins play the Eagles with a backup QB.
Yep, and we have the 2-9ers.

And when we face Minny in week 14, we'll have Kendricks back and hopefully KJ. Makes me feel a little better about our defense's chances against Cousins, Cook, Rudolph, Diggs & Thielen.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and we have the 2-9ers.

And when we face Minny in week 14, we'll have Kendricks back and hopefully KJ. Makes me feel a little better about our defense's chances against Cousins, Cook, Rudolph, Diggs & Thielen.

More so to have those LBs ready against our opponents run game, we have been shredded on the ground