• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks contact NFL front office about hit on Russell Wilson

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is just because you want to bring a new fad to the NFL dont expect them to change the rules for you. If you are going to try to do some sort of misdirection expect to get hit. It would be the same on a WR reverse the back can be hit as he is handing off to the WR being a QB doesnt make you special to where the defense cant take you out.

If you dont want to get your QB hurt dont put him in the position to get nailed all the time.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought it was a clean hit on Wilson, that is until i saw the replay and saw the Defender Lower his head and hit Wilson right under his facemask with the crown of his helmet. Lucky Wilson did not tip his head back or he could have had his jaw broken.

Ahmad Brooks Leveled Russell Wilson on the Read Option | The Big Lead

Watch the bottom one you can see the Defender DROP his head to make contact with his crown.

Looks to me like he was hit in the shoulder not the head.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, maybe Brooks dropped the helmet a little but aimed for the chest. Honestly, I think if Brooks had kept his head up, the hit could have done more damage, possibly even concussing Wilson. It is really tough for defenders in the league right now. I'm okay with having a good look at it but that was pretty much impossible to call at the time it happened. Had Russell been down for a while, the refs may have called something but he was clearly alright so they figured it was clean. Tough call either way. We get the benefit of seeing it over and over slowed down. The refs don't have that luxury in the heat of the moment.

You can not hit a QB in the Head period end of Story. Even if you have your head UP and hit the QB in the HEAD with your Helmet its illegal. Now i understand that making him like a RB in that situation so HAD he kept his head up then its legal BUT he did NOT keep his head up and Lead WITH the crown of the head into the HEAD/NECK area. He SPEARED Wilson and that is Illegal.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned about this hit as I am about the one previously where Wilson scrambled and slid then the defender came in and hit him in the head while he was in his slide. That should have been a flag and 15 yards easily.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned about this hit as I am about the one previously where Wilson scrambled and slid then the defender came in and hit him in the head while he was in his slide. That should have been a flag and 15 yards easily.

Yep. That one bothered me more.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That one bothered me more.

Maybe it's my crimson and gold colored glasses but it looked as if Wilson slid around the same time that Bowman launched. I would not want my defense to assume a slide. That's a penalty I would take no problem. I also don't think it was dirty or late. It came kind of bang/bang IMO.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's my crimson and gold colored glasses but it looked as if Wilson slid around the same time that Bowman launched. I would not want my defense to assume a slide. That's a penalty I would take no problem. I also don't think it was dirty or late. It came kind of bang/bang IMO.

You wouldn't want your quarterback getting hit in the head on a slide either.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The part i underlined should tell you why some had a problem with it. You can not Launch yourself into another player and you can not aim for the head. As far as that hit went, i saw the replay of that hit and was fine with it. Russell Turned himself just enough to put his shoulder in front of the hit so he wasn't hit very hard at all. When watching that play though it looks like the intention was sure there to hit Russell in the head. I do have a problem with the one when he was running the Read Option. That guy puts his head down and right into the neck/face area.