• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cardinals: Week 4

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcer: "The Seahawks will have a Thursday night game against the Rams... at the Coliseum."

giphy.gif

Last time I checked they are at Century Link FIELD, ya dingus. Seriously where do they find these announcers? You know what game you're going to call, you'd think you would put in an ounce of effort to learn about the two teams, their schedule, etc.? I get mistakes are said, but jeebus, this happens on a regular basis. I have to imagine all these guys are 'juiced' in by connections and 90% of them probably could give two shits about football and are collecting a paycheck, fortunate because they have a 'good voice'.
That announcer is drinking on the job. You're right the game is in Seattle next Thursday night.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so this is the shit i talk about and it really TICKS ME OFF! 10 points in the first quarter, 10 points in the 2nd quarter up 20-3 at half then la la la la lets just goof around after half time and try to run out the clock la la la la. :gaah:
STEP ON THEIR GOSH DARN THROATS!

Doesn't bother me that much. We controlled that game.

You don't have to "win cute" and whoop their ass with a big stick. We just have to win

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah told you guys earlier... that one is not close to being over until the clock hits zero. The Bucs D is terrible and Rams O has firepower if Jared 'Goof' isn't showing up.
Speaking of, did you see that 2 point attempt? Why the fuck is he chucking the ball into the dirt on a 2 point attempt?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Jaguars game because huge money for me if Jags win.

I Win this game I'm tied for first in my pool with 9 this week and Bayou/Steelbrugh in the night games

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph-Day (Rams DT) get the fuck back to the huddle and stop celebrating on a tackle that was a freebie... you've given up 45 points asshat.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh with the wheels lol that has to feel good for him against his old team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legend of Gardner Minshew grows.

Hurt his knee when Miller went low but still led his team to a GWFG

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet... Hopefully we can beat the Rams and pull ahead of them by a game...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a funny feeling the Rams looked right past the Bucs to @ Seattle thinking they had a freebie at home (Tampa LONG travel), and a win in Seattle would heavily put the division in their control (especially if Seattle lost to Arizona). Granted SF is 3-0... but I wouldn't put them in the same CONSISTENT threat category as Seattle - need to prove it first.

In any event, kind of reminds me a bit of Seattle potentially looking past the Saints to @ Arizona given Brees was out and Seattle put on one of the most (if not the most) sloppiest collective performances in the Carroll era.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a funny feeling the Rams looked right past the Bucs to @ Seattle thinking they had a freebie at home (Tampa LONG travel), and a win in Seattle would heavily put the division in their control (especially if Seattle lost to Arizona). Granted SF is 3-0... but I wouldn't put them in the same CONSISTENT threat category as Seattle - need to prove it first.

In any event, kind of reminds me a bit of Seattle potentially looking past the Saints to @ Arizona given Brees was out and Seattle put on one of the most (if not the most) sloppiest collective performances in the Carroll era.

This year? San Fran has looked better than both Seattle and the Rams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? San Fran has looked better than both Seattle and the Rams.

I agree. What I meant was the Rams may only be seriously considering Seattle has the main threat given the past history and a bit more proven commodity in the two most important NFL team positions (coach + QB). IF the 49ers continue to win games or get in the playoffs, obviously both Seattle and LA will consider them a larger threat before the season starts next year.

San Fran may end up winning the division and being the best team in the NFC West, who knows. I could just see LA (at least based on last year) considering Seattle the bigger threat at the moment. If it was San Fran they were playing in San Fran this Thursday (at 3-0) they may very well have looked past the Bucs for that game as well. Seattle still made the playoffs last year with most of the same pieces returning, so... until San Fran proves otherwise, I'd think LA would take them a bit more seriously, unless San Fran starts going on a major win streak. That's all I meant.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran was not that bad of a team last year and had 6 losses of 8 points or less. Had they not lost Jimmy G who knows what happens maybe 10-6. Right now i would say they are as good or better than the Rams and better than the Hawks. But it's a long season and the clock might strike midnight on what started out like a Cinderella season for them. I get thats the unknown part you are talking about.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran was not that bad of a team last year and had 6 losses of 8 points or less. Had they not lost Jimmy G who knows what happens maybe 10-6. Right now i would say they are as good or better than the Rams and better than the Hawks. But it's a long season and the clock might strike midnight on what started out like a Cinderella season for them. I get thats the unknown part you are talking about.
Are you saying that the NFC West (minus Zona) is damn good this year?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that the NFC West (minus Zona) is damn good this year?

I think the NFC West might be one of the strongest divisions in the NFL yes. Right now yeah but 4 weeks from now things could be VERY different lol. Still early.