• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cardinals: Week 4

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFC West might be one of the strongest divisions in the NFL yes. Right now yeah but 4 weeks from now things could be VERY different lol. Still early.
Yes good point.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
San Fran was not that bad of a team last year and had 6 losses of 8 points or less. Had they not lost Jimmy G who knows what happens maybe 10-6. Right now i would say they are as good or better than the Rams and better than the Hawks. But it's a long season and the clock might strike midnight on what started out like a Cinderella season for them. I get thats the unknown part you are talking about.

49ers are playing the best overall right now but it's still going to be a 3 horse race as all 3 teams have shown areas to be concerned in.

With the 9ers I believe their defense is legit (though losing a starting CB for a few weeks is a concern) but the offense has been shooting itself in the foot way too much though it has shown flashes of being dangerous when everything is clicking.

So anyone's division except the Cardinals and we'll see which team starts to assert itself and grab hold of it.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcer: "The Seahawks will have a Thursday night game against the Rams... at the Coliseum."

giphy.gif

Last time I checked they are at Century Link FIELD, ya dingus. Seriously where do they find these announcers? You know what game you're going to call, you'd think you would put in an ounce of effort to learn about the two teams, their schedule, etc.? I get mistakes are said, but jeebus, this happens on a regular basis. I have to imagine all these guys are 'juiced' in by connections and 90% of them probably could give two shits about football and are collecting a paycheck, fortunate because they have a 'good voice'.
He said a few things incorrectly.

Yeah, what's he on?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a "good" game through and through. It wasn't an absolute thrashing, but the Hawks were in control pretty much the whole time and it never really felt like the Cards would be able to mount a comeback or sustain enough on offense to be truly in it. Some may nitpick the 2nd half since we only scored 7 after getting 20 in the 1st, but we should know full well by now that Pete is going to play to the scoreboard and do the things that shorten the game when we have the lead and avoid taking risks that may give the opponent a chance to make big plays.

Great game by Carson. The obvious is he kept the ball off the ground, but he was running as hard and as confidently as I've seen him. On a mission.

The DE tandem is picking it up a little bit. In addition to Clowney & Ansah, Green & Kendricks were in there a lot as well. Green's sack late in the game may have been even more impressive than Clowney's pick-6. I think we have at least 2 or 3 more sacks against a less mobile QB. Only 2 more games to play until Reed can come back.

Only point of mild frustration was the 2nd half penalties. The first half was clean, and then the flags started flying. The hold on Flowers & unnecessary roughness on TT -- hard to decide which call was weaker. It didn't look like TT got near the heck or neck to me, so I want to know what the ref saw that drew the flag. It looked bad? If that's a flag, these guys are being forcing to start taking out knees. Anyway, the 2nd half penalties probably kept this from being a 24+ point win.

Only 1 catch for DK was surprising. He should have had that jump ball in the ez -- was contested but he's a big, strong guy and got both hands on it. Dissly may be a better red zone target? Great game again from Uncle Will.

3-1, I'll take it every time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a "good" game through and through. It wasn't an absolute thrashing, but the Hawks were in control pretty much the whole time and it never really felt like the Cards would be able to mount a comeback or sustain enough on offense to be truly in it. Some may nitpick the 2nd half since we only scored 7 after getting 20 in the 1st, but we should know full well by now that Pete is going to play to the scoreboard and do the things that shorten the game when we have the lead and avoid taking risks that may give the opponent a chance to make big plays.

Great game by Carson. The obvious is he kept the ball off the ground, but he was running as hard and as confidently as I've seen him. On a mission.

The DE tandem is picking it up a little bit. In addition to Clowney & Ansah, Green & Kendricks were in there a lot as well. Green's sack late in the game may have been even more impressive than Clowney's pick-6. I think we have at least 2 or 3 more sacks against a less mobile QB. Only 2 more games to play until Reed can come back.

Only point of mild frustration was the 2nd half penalties. The first half was clean, and then the flags started flying. The hold on Flowers & unnecessary roughness on TT -- hard to decide which call was weaker. It didn't look like TT got near the heck or neck to me, so I want to know what the ref saw that drew the flag. It looked bad? If that's a flag, these guys are being forcing to start taking out knees. Anyway, the 2nd half penalties probably kept this from being a 24+ point win.

Only 1 catch for DK was surprising. He should have had that jump ball in the ez -- was contested but he's a big, strong guy and got both hands on it. Dissly may be a better red zone target? Great game again from Uncle Will.

3-1, I'll take it every time.
I was going to post my feelings on the game but you pretty much nailed everything I was going to say.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline gave Russ a good amount of time in the pocket for the most part. Couple of mistakes by the idiot we have at RT, but a couple is an improvement.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dissly reminds me of Jason Witten... Not saying he's going to have a career like his but he does everything really well - just like Witten...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game wasn't on tv here so it was nice seeing them get a W in their second home.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dissly reminds me of Jason Witten... Not saying he's going to have a career like his but he does everything really well - just like Witten...
Solid comp. Billy Bozeman has 6 TDs in 8 career games. Pretty impressive.