• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks and Sherman nearing deal

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most were not Seahawks fans, but this one comment had me doing a face palm.

andrew89
12 minutes agoas a hawks fan, I want to see Sherman stay. But this is way too much money. We still got Thomas, wagner, wright, Wilson, okung, avril, Maxwell, and too many other good players to sign. I understand we cant keep em all, but I don't want them to get suffocated by Sherman and wilsons contracts.

Does he feel the Seahawks should let Sherman and Wilson walk?:L

I guess so.

Some guys are replacable, some are not. Sherman is one that is not. I know that when you watch the Hawks it seems like every player on D is great, but not every one of them are irreplaceable. Some are just great at their roles because guys like Sherman, Thomas and Bennett take pressure off them. And having great coaching and a simplified defensive scheme allows Carroll to be able to find and plug in great role players.

I'm not worried in the least bit. It's one thing to overpay for another team's guy when you're not sure how he'll fit in with your team, it's completely different to pay a lot to keep your own great players.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we let Sherman so much as sniff the FA market San Fran would break the bank to scoop him up just to spite us.

Pay the man. He earned it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's really signing for this much money then it's a huge win for us. because he could easily sign for 10 million+ more as far as total contract goes somewhere else. People are worried about throwing a bunch of money at individual players, but if those players are Thomas/Sherman/Wilson then I like our chances moving forward.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 mil a year will be a bargain for a player like Sherman 4-5 years from now when the cap continues to increase and escalate

I mean look at the quarterback position as an example. 3-4 years ago when Phillip Rivers and Big Ben signed their contract at (14 and 15 mil a year) they were some of the highest paid in the league. Now looking at their contract with guys like Romo and Flacco making 18 to 20 mil...those contracts are a steal

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive read the comments and its funny how after an all pro selection, a clutch defense play in the conference game and a super bowl ring people still wont admit hes great. haters will forever and continue to hate. there is only 1 rule to richard sherman:

DONT YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ME

and so many people have done that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 mil a year will be a bargain for a player like Sherman 4-5 years from now when the cap continues to increase and escalate

I mean look at the quarterback position as an example. 3-4 years ago when Phillip Rivers and Big Ben signed their contract at (14 and 15 mil a year) they were some of the highest paid in the league. Now looking at their contract with guys like Romo and Flacco making 18 to 20 mil...those contracts are a steal

I don't think you'll have to wait 4 or 5 years for a 13 million a year for a CB who may be the best in the NFL to be a deal. Heck their were posters on the general board telling me it would take 15 million to sign Sherman. I'll take 13 million no problem, but you can bet 49ers fans will be saying that the Seahawks got screwed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most were not Seahawks fans, but this one comment had me doing a face palm.

andrew89
12 minutes agoas a hawks fan, I want to see Sherman stay. But this is way too much money. We still got Thomas, wagner, wright, Wilson, okung, avril, Maxwell, and too many other good players to sign. I understand we cant keep em all, but I don't want them to get suffocated by Sherman and wilsons contracts.

Does he feel the Seahawks should let Sherman and Wilson walk?:L

This guy obviously needs to be slapped upside the head for being a dope. How do you not realize that having a pure shut down corner and a franchise QB for many years are difficult to come by. I guess he doesn't watch football very much. Pay Sherman now and get him locked up!