• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schotty fired

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chronic complaining is annoying...
Constantly pointing out the teams stupid mistakes you mean

3-5 in the playoffs since the SB loss, 2 WC losses, 0 conference championship appearances.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They represent your contentedness in early outs in the playoffs.

I'm not content. Like many of us, I understand that change for the sake of change rarely works out.

what do you have against pederson? Are you still butt hurt his team, with a backup qb, beat brady when we floundered thanks to bonehead bevell, whom you and many others defended vehemently up to and after the day he was fired?

Why in the world would I be butthurt that he beat the Patriots? I was rooting for the Eagles. In fact, the Eagles are probably the closest thing I have to a 2nd team in the NFL.

i read everything, my only real struggle is keeping who said what straight but its ok because you all think the same way and say the same things.

Go ahead and point them all out, but keep in mind the rest of you drones never even attempt to say what the team should do.

dissent here is not welcome. Plenty of people here disagree with me, its only the holier than thou like yourself that you could argue i "attack"

No one cares that you dissent. It is your constant shitty attitude and demand that everyone else agrees with you that is the problem.

Most of us are respectful to each other. You are the clear exception.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Constantly pointing out the teams stupid mistakes you mean

3-5 in the playoffs since the SB loss, 2 WC losses, 0 conference championship appearances.

So what do you want the Seahawks to do? Fire Schneider? Fire Carroll? Bring in who?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they stay?

Because the team is a perennial playoff team that is probably one or two players away from a Super Bowl?

Also, it is unlikely that we would find a replacement that would achieve better results.

You're willing to take a 75% chance of failure because there is a 25% chance of success.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the team is a perennial playoff team that is probably one or two players away from a Super Bowl?
Perennial loser in the playoffs
Also, it is unlikely that we would find a replacement that would achieve better results.
You dont know that
You're willing to take a 75% chance of failure because there is a 25% chance of success.
Im willing to give someone else a chance to work with wilson. We know what carroll and schneider have done with him lately.

Youre telling me coaches wouldnt jump at the opportunity to coach a team with wilson? It would be the best opening in the league hands down, they would have the pick of the litter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They represent your contentedness in early outs in the playoffs.

what do you have against pederson? Are you still butt hurt his team, with a backup qb, beat brady when we floundered thanks to bonehead bevell, whom you and many others defended vehemently up to and after the day he was fired?

i read everything, my only real struggle is keeping who said what straight but its ok because you all think the same way and say the same things.

Go ahead and point them all out, but keep in mind the rest of you drones never even attempt to say what the team should do.

dissent here is not welcome. Plenty of people here disagree with me, its only the holier than thou like yourself that you could argue i "attack"
What I have against Pederson is his offensive scheme is not creative and just as bad as Shotty. He's a nice guy all but not a good HC/OC. Frank Reich was behind the schemes during their SB run and once he left for Indy the offense in 3 yrs under Doug's play calling have been lack of scoring in the first halves, lack of offense in general in the first halves, can not make proper in game changes or at halftime, abandons the run way too early etc etc. If you think Shotty was bad then you'll really hate Doug's scheme. I watch the Eagles on a regular basis when the Seahawks aren't playing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perennial loser in the playoffs

As are 31 teams every year. How many teams have been 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years?

You dont know that

History provides lots of examples.

Im willing to give someone else a chance to work with wilson. We know what carroll and schneider have done with him lately.

Youre telling me coaches wouldnt jump at the opportunity to coach a team with wilson? It would be the best opening in the league hands down, they would have the pick of the litter.

I think lots of coaches would jump at being the head coach of Seattle. Who would be the person to choose that person? Jody Allen? Chuck Arnold?

FTR, I would be fine with moving on from Pete Carroll at this point. You would likely know that if you actually read what was being discussed here. I would be far less comfortable with moving on from John Schneider as well. In fact, if Pete were to move on, I would expect Schneider to have final say moving forward. I trust his football knowledge to bring in a quality head coach.

But let's not kid ourselves and pretend that a new coach would be certain to do better than Pete has. For all his faults, he has built a strong culture in Seattle that expects to win every year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Eagles on a regular basis when the Seahawks aren't playing.

Yeah I watch a lot of Eagles games and have a bunch of Eagles fan friends. None of them shed a tear for Pederson getting canned.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I watch a lot of Eagles games and have a bunch of Eagles fan friends. None of them shed a tear for Pederson getting canned.
Yep! every single one of my Eagles friends knows he was scapegoated out of Philly but couldn't stomach the play calling anymore and is glad he's gone.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As are 31 teams every year. How many teams have been 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years?
We are sneaking up on 10 years since our last one.
History provides lots of examples.
you said yourself the players are more important than the coaches. We have the #1 most important piece already.
I think lots of coaches would jump at being the head coach of Seattle. Who would be the person to choose that person? Jody Allen? Chuck Arnold?
this is where pauls death really hurts the franchise.
Hiring a team of consultants would probably be the way to go.
FTR, I would be fine with moving on from Pete Carroll at this point. You would likely know that if you actually read what was being discussed here. I would be far less comfortable with moving on from John Schneider as well. In fact, if Pete were to move on, I would expect Schneider to have final say moving forward. I trust his football knowledge to bring in a quality head coach.
I have 0 trust that schneider can build an OL. If we had an OL worth a damn a lot of our problems would go away. He has had 11 years and has proven he cant do it.
But let's not kid ourselves and pretend that a new coach would be certain to do better than Pete has. For all his faults, he has built a strong culture in Seattle that expects to win every year.
5 more years where i know exactly how these seasons will play out. We will lose a game to a bad team that will cost us a top seed and lose in the wild card or divisonal round.

By the time its over, wilson is old and we are looking for a replacement.

Id rather give the prime years he has left to someone else and have some hope that we might win something.

We arent winning a superbowl under the current leadership.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you said yourself the players are more important than the coaches. We have the #1 most important piece already.

I have 0 trust that schneider can build an OL. If we had an OL worth a damn a lot of our problems would go away. He has had 11 years and has proven he cant do it.

5 more years where i know exactly how these seasons will play out. We will lose a game to a bad team that will cost us a top seed and lose in the wild card or divisonal round.

Id rather give the prime years he has left to someone else and have some hope that we might win something.

Do you think the Saints should fire Sean Payton?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Saints should fire Sean Payton?
Probably, however he was able to win games with a backup qb, if he cant find a qb to replace brees he wont last long anyways.

We are extremely lucky wilson hasnt missed a game, we have a 0% chance of winning with a backup qb.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can get Anthony Lynn in here I think Seattle will be in the running

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oof ok people some of us grieve longer and different, one might say "burn it all down" and the other might say "keep it the same but with minor changes" then you got others that come in with their own way to rebuild. Remember after a brutal loss to a team i think we all know we are better than and AT home nonetheless, many are pissed. This anger clouds all judgement but it will lighten up for those people in time :) some we might have to give them till week 8 of next year maybe even week 8 of 3 years from now lol.

All Joking aside this was brutal and i know many of you are pissed off and rightfully so! Once i saw we had the Rams i was like 99% sure we would lose. Both games against them just showed we didn't adjust or change anything and i expected the same. I thought it was going to be more like a 13-17 type game not a 30-20 though lol. The loss and early exit made them force their hand though and i for one am glad we don't have to go another season with a OC that can not design a offense around the players we have. Also i know a lot of you do not like Peterson and i totally 100% get it but you know what he can do? he can be innovative and he does a good job to build an offense around it's players. Did not say great but he would be an upgrade over Schotty and Schotty got them 12 wins.

I just wish we knew more about our Defense. They had a massive turn around but was it Norton or was it just a fluke! The Turnaround on that side of the ball earned Norton another year but if it's another year of crap defensive play for the first 10 games i don't want it! BUT! if it's more of the same as to what we saw at the end of the season oh hell yes i will take that. They were top what? 3 in almost every area after the turn around "if" you don't count those first 8-10 games.

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Important points:
*Russ doesn't agree with the decision to let go. But he does specifically defer to PC in this decision.
*He believes that his involvement in hiring the next OC is critical.
Now you would think that this would go without saying but I don't know how much, if any, say Russ had in the Schotty firing but it is wholly obvious that he didn't have final say.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of internal dissension between Russ and PC. I always assumed that Russ had input with PC but now I'm not sure of how much say he actually has.

Hopefully it is. It's been obvious since day 1 that there's a big black spot in the middle of the field that PC doesn't want to see the passing game work against because heaven forbid we throw an INT over the middle. He's got to go. The game has passed him by and he was never an offensive x's and o's guy to begin with.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god how often am i making the mistake of changing Pederson into Peterson ... oof

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oof ok people some of us grieve longer and different, one might say "burn it all down" and the other might say "keep it the same but with minor changes" then you got others that come in with their own way to rebuild. Remember after a brutal loss to a team i think we all know we are better than and AT home nonetheless, many are pissed. This anger clouds all judgement but it will lighten up for those people in time :) some we might have to give them till week 8 of next year maybe even week 8 of 3 years from now lol.

All Joking aside this was brutal and i know many of you are pissed off and rightfully so! Once i saw we had the Rams i was like 99% sure we would lose. Both games against them just showed we didn't adjust or change anything and i expected the same. I thought it was going to be more like a 13-17 type game not a 30-20 though lol. The loss and early exit made them force their hand though and i for one am glad we don't have to go another season with a OC that can not design a offense around the players we have. Also i know a lot of you do not like Peterson and i totally 100% get it but you know what he can do? he can be innovative and he does a good job to build an offense around it's players. Did not say great but he would be an upgrade over Schotty and Schotty got them 12 wins.

I just wish we knew more about our Defense. They had a massive turn around but was it Norton or was it just a fluke! The Turnaround on that side of the ball earned Norton another year but if it's another year of crap defensive play for the first 10 games i don't want it! BUT! if it's more of the same as to what we saw at the end of the season oh hell yes i will take that. They were top what? 3 in almost every area after the turn around "if" you don't count those first 8-10 games.
Pederson's offense = Shotty's offense. There's no real difference.