• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schotty fired

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Greenbay TD by Adams in motion was the perfect way to set up and beat Ramsey and the Rams Defense. These are the things OC do to get defenses off balance. Something Shotty couldn't do. Tough to say this but it's true and i am going to say it, Bevells offense was more competent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hire Pederson to be our OC, I may just skip next season. I don't think it would be possible to hire a LESS inspiring choice than Pederson.

Does Pete like the way he completely destroyed Carson Wentz this season?
I agree. One of the most overrated coaches in the league. I’ve been pushing for Anthony Lynn. Hope that’s who we end up with

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Greenbay TD by Adams in motion was the perfect way to set up and beat Ramsey and the Rams Defense. These are the things OC do to get defenses off balance. Something Shotty couldn't do. Tough to say this but it's true and i am going to say it, Bevells offense was more competent.
Interesting to note all the screen passes to receivers ended up with her 5 yards per reception or more. Ironically all those plays had the quarterback under the center. Russell Wilson always is in shot gun situation When we run that play. I wonder if that has some of the impact of why it’s not very successful for the Hawks offense

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to note all the screen passes to receivers ended up with her 5 yards per reception or more. Ironically all those plays had the quarterback under the center. Russell Wilson always is in shot gun situation When we run that play. I wonder if that has some of the impact of why it’s not very successful for the Hawks offense

dont quote me on this but i do believe more teams use a press coverage on shotgun to stop those quick plays and when a QB is under center they know they have about a half second most of the time before the QB hands off or sets to throw allowing them time to key in. Just mixing it up to keep the Defense off balance and honest something Schotty couldn't do. Also like i said before the hawks have no option routes in this offense meaning you get what you see making a defenses job 100% easier.

After the Loss to the Rams which showed a Seahawks team completely not ready to play on offense, someone had to be fired and Schotty was the right call.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Loss to the Rams which showed a Seahawks team completely not ready to play on offense, someone had to be fired and Schotty was the right call.

I think firing Schotty was fine. The offense DID collapse in the 2nd half and there just isn't any excuse for a team with the weapons that this offense has, to struggle that much.

But ultimately, I question whether that will really solve the problem because I'm not sure if Schotty was the problem. Someone did need to get fired and there is no way that Pete was going to be fired so what other choice was there?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think firing Schotty was fine. The offense DID collapse in the 2nd half and there just isn't any excuse for a team with the weapons that this offense has, to struggle that much.

But ultimately, I question whether that will really solve the problem because I'm not sure if Schotty was the problem. Someone did need to get fired and there is no way that Pete was going to be fired so what other choice was there?

Shotty had to go and he was the only choice. 2018 they shit the bed against Dallas in the WC round and just looked unprepared and unable to adjust, 2019 they scored 17 total points in a win over the Eagles where they totally dominated them, that should have been a blowout, and now a loss to a team they had seen twice already in the WC round ( again ) and they looked like they didn't even try and change things up even though the first two times you played them it didn't work.

It just wasn't working there was no real Wilson Magic in how Schotty ran the offense. They think letting Russ cook is to air it out when it means to get him out on boots, run some RPO's and designed QB runs, move the pocket. Play him like the weapon he is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shotty had to go and he was the only choice. 2018 they shit the bed against Dallas in the WC round and just looked unprepared and unable to adjust, 2019 they scored 17 total points in a win over the Eagles where they totally dominated them, that should have been a blowout, and now a loss to a team they had seen twice already in the WC round ( again ) and they looked like they didn't even try and change things up even though the first two times you played them it didn't work.

It just wasn't working there was no real Wilson Magic in how Schotty ran the offense. They think letting Russ cook is to air it out when it means to get him out on boots, run some RPO's and designed QB runs, move the pocket. Play him like the weapon he is.

I largely agree. I think we only differ on where we place the blame primarily.

IMO, it all boils down to Pete and how much risk he is willing to accept. Boots and RPOs and QB runs all involve additional risk.

This week's Brock and Salk podcast was pretty interesting if you listen to podcast. Brock pretty much is saying the same thing I am. He went further and said that he thinks Pete is maybe too focused on putting a square peg in a round hole and trying to force this offense to be something it just isn't. The team isn't built to be a ground and pound team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstand.

The point is that you don't know better, yet your posts are always full of statements suggesting you do.
And now we have others doing exactly the same thing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we have others doing exactly the same thing.

You always fail to understand what everyone else is saying.

No one is saying that Pete or Schneider are infallible. No one is saying that they need to stay around forever.

But you are ALWAYS on a "Fire this coach" mission. At all times. The rest of us DON'T want a turnstile of coaches and front office because that is the SUREST path to mediocrity.

For all your moaning, this team has won double digit wins in 8 of the last 9 seasons. They have won the same number of Super Bowls as any other team in the league except the Patriots.

So, no, I don't want us cleaning house and rolling the dice with some new team in hopes that they will somehow turn a perennial 10+ win team into a dynasty team. Because the odds of that happening are nil.

There are concerns that Pete may have hit a wall and that we will need to move on from him in the next couple of seasons. But getting rid of him is a last choice.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always fail to understand what everyone else is saying.

No one is saying that Pete or Schneider are infallible. No one is saying that they need to stay around forever.

But you are ALWAYS on a "Fire this coach" mission. At all times. The rest of us DON'T want a turnstile of coaches and front office because that is the SUREST path to mediocrity.

For all your moaning, this team has won double digit wins in 8 of the last 9 seasons. They have won the same number of Super Bowls as any other team in the league except the Patriots.

So, no, I don't want us cleaning house and rolling the dice with some new team in hopes that they will somehow turn a perennial 10+ win team into a dynasty team. Because the odds of that happening are nil.

There are concerns that Pete may have hit a wall and that we will need to move on from him in the next couple of seasons. But getting rid of him is a last choice.
Cant question draft choices
Cant question trades
Cant question play calls

Oh but dont hire pederson or ill quit

Hypocrites

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant question trades
Cant question play calls

Hypocrites

You can question whatever you like. People question all of those things here ALL THE TIME.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can question whatever you like. People question all of those things here ALL THE TIME.
Laughable, there are maybe two people other than myself that ever offer criticism or suggest what the team SHOULD do.

If they do hire pederson, which honestly is a longshot, people here will eat it like like every other turd they serve us

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable, there are maybe two people other than myself that ever offer criticism or suggest what the team SHOULD do.

If they do hire pederson, which honestly is a longshot, people here will eat it like like every other turd they serve us

Complete and utter nonsense. I spent almost all of last offseason criticizing the team for not getting legitimate pass rushers.

Nearly ALL of us criticize things about the team all the time. You and a couple of people do nothing but complain about the team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant question trades
Cant question play calls

Hypocrites
We all question draft choices, trades and plays but one thing I'm sure of is the FO better not hire Doug Pederson. Trust me when I say that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete and utter nonsense. I spent almost all of last offseason criticizing the team for not getting legitimate pass rushers.

Nearly ALL of us criticize things about the team all the time. You and a couple of people do nothing but complain about the team.
There is a culture of trusting the plan here, its endemic.

And i hope they do hire pederson just to watch stew in your own hypocrisy.

Surely they know better than you, surely if they hire pederson its the right move.

We all question draft choices, trades and plays but one thing I'm sure of is the FO better not hire Doug Pederson. Trust me when I say that.
Im afraid ive not seen anyone question ANY of the moves with 1st round picks. It takes YEARS for people here to come around. Case in point, penny. Horrible pick at the time defended by everyone and most here are hesitant if at all to admit it was a bad pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a culture of trusting the plan here, its endemic.

Know what those numbers represent?

And i hope they do hire pederson just to watch stew in your own hypocrisy.

Not much of a Seahawks fan, are you?

Surely they know better than you, surely if they hire pederson its the right move.

It's like you don't read anything that is written here.

Im afraid ive not seen anyone question ANY of the moves with 1st round picks. It takes YEARS for people here to come around. Case in point, penny. Horrible pick at the time defended by everyone and most here are hesitant if at all to admit it was a bad pick.
This is the problem. You love to focus on the bad picks and crow about how right you were about it. And then you ignore the picks you thought were great that didn't pan out. And then you attack others for not being as pessimistic as you are.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant question trades
Cant question play calls

Hypocrites
Your issue appears to be not that people don't complain, it's that they don't complain as much as you do, complain about what you do, as vehemently as you do or for the same reasons as you do.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They represent your contentedness in early outs in the playoffs.
Not much of a Seahawks fan, are you?
what do you have against pederson? Are you still butt hurt his team, with a backup qb, beat brady when we floundered thanks to bonehead bevell, whom you and many others defended vehemently up to and after the day he was fired?
It's like you don't read anything that is written here.
i read everything, my only real struggle is keeping who said what straight but its ok because you all think the same way and say the same things.
This is the problem. You love to focus on the bad picks and crow about how right you were about it. And then you ignore the picks you thought were great that didn't pan out.
Go ahead and point them all out, but keep in mind the rest of you drones never even attempt to say what the team should do.
And then you attack others for not being as pessimistic as you are.
dissent here is not welcome. Plenty of people here disagree with me, its only the holier than thou like yourself that you could argue i "attack"

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They represent your contentedness in early outs in the playoffs.

what do you have against pederson? Are you still butt hurt his team, with a backup qb, beat brady when we floundered thanks to bonehead bevell, whom you and many others defended vehemently up to and after the day he was fired?

i read everything, my only real struggle is keeping who said what straight but its ok because you all think the same way and say the same things.

Go ahead and point them all out, but keep in mind the rest of you drones never even attempt to say what the team should do.

dissent here is not welcome. Plenty of people here disagree with me, its only the holier than thou like yourself that you could argue i "attack"
Chronic complaining is annoying...