• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schotty fired

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams getting to the SB had very little to do with who was behind center.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Because Goff and Garoppolo both helped their teams to the superbowl. Garoppolo was a 102 rated QB in 2019 completing almost 70% of his passes at 8.4 YPA thats excellent, And Goff was at almost 4700 yards and 32TD's with another 8.4 YPA and a 101.1 rating. Goff was also 0.2 Yards away from averaging 300 per game in their Superbowl season of 2018.

Both those QB's are more than capable of leading their teams and ignoring that just because you don't like those teams is just foolish. Yes they are not Russell Wilson but you know what? Wilson was crap for half a season this year. He played like a bottom half QB to end the season. ( 16-32 )

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners had a classic sb hangover, i think they will be back and competitive. Yes qb isnt elite but they have quite a few elite players at other positions while we have very few.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners had a classic sb hangover, i think they will be back and competitive. Yes qb isnt elite but they have quite a few elite players at other positions while we have very few.
The offense should be better with a better OC and I take our guys on O over San Fran. Yes San Fran has some really good players on D but our guys stepped up the final 8 weeks. You're giving way to much credit to San Fran.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Because Goff and Garoppolo both helped their teams to the superbowl. Garoppolo was a 102 rated QB in 2019 completing almost 70% of his passes at 8.4 YPA thats excellent, And Goff was at almost 4700 yards and 32TD's with another 8.4 YPA and a 101.1 rating. Goff was also 0.2 Yards away from averaging 300 per game in their Superbowl season of 2018.

Both those QB's are more than capable of leading their teams and ignoring that just because you don't like those teams is just foolish. Yes they are not Russell Wilson but you know what? Wilson was crap for half a season this year. He played like a bottom half QB to end the season. ( 16-32 )
Both teams had dominant run games and defenses to get to the SB. Their QBs didn't have to be relied on to get there, and we've seen what those QBs do when they do have to carry the team. It hasn't been impressive.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like niners want to trade for stafford, definitely better than garapolo.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like niners want to trade for stafford, definitely better than garapolo.

That would be an interesting return for them. They'll clear $3 million in cap space with trading for Stafford's $20 million cap hit and cutting Garapolo's $26 million ($2.8 million dead money on top of that). Now, Detroit may want a first, but they'll eat an extra $10 million if they wait too long (roster bonus). With a 7-27 record since Garapolo got there when he didn't play, the 9ers could be willing to send them the #12. Garapolo has missed more games than he's played. So, bringing in a Stafford could be just what SF needs if Shannahan wants to be coaching after next season.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford would be a great fit in Indianapolis... I hope he goes there instead of SF...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i wouldn't want to face Stafford on the 49ers. He doesn't get enough attention because he is like one of those 2nd tier guys at QB but he is also someone who can and has shown he is capable of being in that top tier group.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for running the ball, i imagine wilson had a lot of input on this.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure in the hell doesn't excite. He's never even called plays in the NFL.
You have to start somewhere, at some point all the greats had never called a play.

I do think we will see better passing plays overall than what we have seen since carroll got here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to start somewhere, at some point all the greats had never called a play.

I do think we will see better passing plays overall than what we have seen since carroll got here.

I don't know about that. I do think the Rams will have a easier time stopping the passing game with this guy though lol ouch! not like they had a hard time before. I didn't think the Rams passing game was anything special but they do like to get the QB more on the edge and that means getting Wilson more involved. I didn't see enough roll outs and bootlegs by Wilson ( not to run but to throw ). This type action also keeps the edges honest. Almost anything would be better than what ever that was we had for the 2nd half of the season for an offense. Can we go and get Bevell back? LMAO

My wish would be Bieniemy. I know some of you don't like it but thats ok as it's my wish not yours lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I do think the Rams will have a easier time stopping the passing game with this guy though lol ouch! not like they had a hard time before. I didn't think the Rams passing game was anything special but they do like to get the QB more on the edge and that means getting Wilson more involved. I didn't see enough roll outs and bootlegs by Wilson ( not to run but to throw ). This type action also keeps the edges honest. Almost anything would be better than what ever that was we had for the 2nd half of the season for an offense. Can we go and get Bevell back? LMAO

My wish would be Bieniemy. I know some of you don't like it but thats ok as it's my wish not yours lol.

We have no way of knowing what this guy did or did not do. But, IMO, the Rams offense was pretty darn good despite have a pretty average cadre of skill position players. IMO, the only above average player they have at a skill position is Cooper Kupp. When Goff is playing with confidence that offense was one of the best in the league. And while he may have been the passing designer, the Rams offense was based on running the ball and play action.

I still think that nothing will really change unless Pete changes, but this choice suggests that maybe Pete is looking to think a little outside the box.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for running the ball, i imagine wilson had a lot of input on this.
How does that translate into "so much for running the ball"? The Rams had a run based, quick passing scheme... Maybe this scheme will limit the amount of times Wilson gets sacked & hit per game... The OL won't have to PB as long as they did last year due to the deep routes the receivers always ran... Carroll was looking for was someone who had the same philosophy... If they agree on the philosophy, we should be running the ball more than the 60/40 split last year... Maybe the run based, quick pass scheme is his philosophy....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that translate into "so much for running the ball"? The Rams had a run based, quick passing scheme... Maybe this scheme will limit the amount of times Wilson gets sacked & hit per game... The OL won't have to PB as long as they did last year due to the deep routes the receivers always ran... Carroll was looking for was someone who had the same philosophy... If they agree on the philosophy, we should be running the ball more than the 60/40 split last year... Maybe the run based, quick pass scheme is his philosophy....

This is the thing that bothers me with Pete, or at least what we think Pete thinks. It doesn't matter what the run/pass split is. What matters is the type of passes. A jet sweep is considered a pass, for instance.

We need a more effective running game. We can't have our first 3 or 4 drives be 3 and outs because we do 2 short runs and fail to convert on 3rd and long.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that translate into "so much for running the ball"? The Rams had a run based, quick passing scheme...
they have been a 55-60% passing team under mcvay. We went from interviewing RBs to hiring a passing game coordinator, we arent going back to a heavy run offense.
Maybe this scheme will limit the amount of times Wilson gets sacked & hit per game... The OL won't have to PB as long as they did last year due to the deep routes the receivers always ran...
Better passing schemes that fit our personnel makes a ton of sense.
Carroll was looking for was someone who had the same philosophy... If they agree on the philosophy, we should be running the ball more than the 60/40 split last year... Maybe the run based, quick pass scheme is his philosophy....
Thats not carrolls philosophy at all. I believe wilson had a lot of input on this and that we arent going back to a 55/45 run pass like we were in 2019.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see us use the quick passing game more often. Look at the first 4 games of the season we were using that quick passing game, then POOF it vanished. Lockett is fire in that quick game, Baldwin was also great in that type of passing attack also. Ok i get it DK is not as quick as those guys but you know what? Teams unless in press play off DK by 7+ yards so do a quick slant and let DK run over people not WR screens. This adds the physicality Pete wants, a WR screen to me is more finesse.

I just want to see a more efficient Passing game with more motion from the QB. Wilson is no statue so use that ability, sure he is not 25 years old any more and his 4.5 40 looks to dropped to 4.7 but he is still elusive and strong. Get Wilson moving and active because thats when Wilson takes over games. A mobile QB right now is the hardest thing to defend in the NFL so use that ability that Wilson has.