• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Champions With No QB?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His arm may have been shot, but his leadership and knowledge of the offense were vital to the Broncos success!" *Points out that despite his leadership and knowledge, the Broncos offense was still terrible* "Yeah, but you gotta look beyond the numbers, man! Manning made a couple of really nice throws, therefore he must have played a good game!"

Chances are pretty damn good that the Broncos arent heading to a SB if they had to visit NE in the title game......An advantage given to them by Brock Ossweiler

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly........They would have, maybe should have lost to a Steelers team in which Ben probably should not have played, Bell and DeAngelo were both out, and Antonio didnt play

All because Peyton kept them in that game all day long
Actually, he played pretty well in that game. The Broncos receivers had something like 8 drops that day, many on third downs that killed drives. Really, once Manning came back he stopped trying to force things and really became a game manager. Don't turn the ball over, don't take chances, let the defense win it.

Until the Super Bowl anyway.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he played pretty well in that game. The Broncos receivers had something like 8 drops that day, many on third downs that killed drives. Really, once Manning came back he stopped trying to force things and really became a game manager. Don't turn the ball over, don't take chances, let the defense win it.

Until the Super Bowl anyway.

Maybe I stand corrected, I just thought they had like 13 points late in that game

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are pretty damn good that the Broncos arent heading to a SB if they had to visit NE in the title game......An advantage given to them by Brock Ossweiler
Which he then tried to give away in the Chargers game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I stand corrected, I just thought they had like 13 points late in that game
9 actually. But my point was mostly that he wasn't turning the ball over, and he was making some nice throws but his receivers were letting the team down more than Manning was. Really his play against both the Steelers and Patriots was pretty similar, it's just that against the Patriots his numbers looked better because his receivers were hanging onto the ball.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I don't know about you, but in a 2 point game I think two interceptions and a 48% completion % by your QB has an impact on the outcome. I sure as hell know Romo wouldn't be let off the hook for that and that NE fans didn't want to hear that line of thinking in the SB the next week when they wanted to point out Manning's poor play.
You are mixing up a bunch of things that in the final recipe make little sense. Sure it was a close game, but the stout defenses were what caused the INTs. This thread is not about Brady, but now that you mention him, in the final minutes he did throw a pass to Gronk that was close to being completed in the back o the EZ. Also, you forget a couple of stupid calls from coach, like not going for a FG in Q4. To pin this game on poor QB play is frivolous at best.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He set up a fg. It was the D that scored or setup the rest of the points. He was actually better in the SB vs your Seahawks where he has 4 t/o's. This game Denver had the least yards of any SB winning team ( he threw for 141) 2 t/os O Tds. Miller stripping the ball and D recovering in the endzone set the tone.

Sure Carolina's D was tough but your QB Wilson threw for 366 yards and 3 Td's against them in the playoffs. That's over 200 more yards and 3 more td's

Fist half was a disaster for us... Wilson did have a great second half ... But the first half Carolina's D had us scrambling for answers... Broncos did something Carolina hadn't seen in a while and that's control the game early and keep them from jumping up on them...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not just looking at the numbers, I'm looking at the fact that for most of the Super Bowl, Manning was really bad. Yes, the first drive was great. The offense looked crisp and sharp, until they bogged down in the red zone and had to settle for a field goal. The fist drive was also the only drive of the game where the Broncos converted on third down.

The Broncos had two drives of over 50 yards that resulted in scores in the entire game. That's it. Their other scoring drives went -1 and 4 yards. Additionally, they drove into Carolina territory two more times, only to see Manning turn the ball over.

Manning was just bad in the Super Bowl. A lot of credit for that goes to Carolina's defense for sure, but that doesn't excuse Manning completely. He was much better against Pittsburgh and New England, but the Super Bowl he was very bad and there's no two ways about it.

He did something right... You guy's hoisted the Lombardi .... :] That one PI was a big mistake on his part, but he only threw 1 in 3 playoffs games which was a good thing for you guy's ... Having Manning out there was like having an older version of William Wallace!!! He made you believe!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, Sonny and Broncos obviously watched a different SB than you guys
Did you guys have one of your cock-eating recipes while you watched?
Shit, can't believe I said that. Sonny is going to send out mother marge to break my teeth!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are mixing up a bunch of things that in the final recipe make little sense. Sure it was a close game, but the stout defenses were what caused the INTs. This thread is not about Brady, but now that you mention him, in the final minutes he did throw a pass to Gronk that was close to being completed in the back o the EZ. Also, you forget a couple of stupid calls from coach, like not going for a FG in Q4. To pin this game on poor QB play is frivolous at best.
I certainly did not pin it only on the QB, but I will say to dismiss his role in the loss is silly and disingenuous.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to many on this board: raiders, chargers, chiefs, and ravens.

That does not include teams like the steelers and patriots.

I think a very good case can be made for the Chiefs and the Raiders. I'm not buying the Chargers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly did not pin it only on the QB, but I will say to dismiss his role in the loss is silly and disingenuous.
Yep, I agree, he had a role. All players do.
:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a very good case can be made for the Chiefs and the Raiders. I'm not buying the Chargers.
I just don't get the Raiders hype. I understand the makeup of their team and don't need to hear about some of the young players, I just don't think they are that good. Personally I don't expect them to finish at .500, let alone far enough above it to be talked about as one of the best teams in the Conference.:noidea:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the Raiders hype. I understand the makeup of their team and don't need to hear about some of the young players, I just don't think they are that good. Personally I don't expect them to finish at .500, let alone far enough above it to be talked about as one of the best teams in the Conference.:noidea:

I'm just talking about having a better year than the Broncos. Accomplishing that won't necessarily mean they are one of the best teams in the AFC.