• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Champions With No QB?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 Trevor went 16/26 cmp/att for 256 yards and 3 td’s with 1 int.
In 2012 Trevor went 128/218 cmp/att for 1312 yards with 6 td’s and 3 int’s
In 2013 Trevor went 178/298 cmp/att for 2149 yards and 11 td’s and 9 int’s
In 2014 Trevor went 228/392 cmp/att for 2214 yards with 7 td’s and 11 int’s.

Yeah, no.

Trevor is an unknown, hasn't played complete seasons. I'd take my chances with him over Sanchez who you already know is a below avg QB. Worst case is Trevor sucks, get a top 10 pick and start Lynch next season. Best case is Trevor can play and with that D they make the playoffs with a good chance to defend their title.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor is an unknown, hasn't played complete seasons. I'd take my chances with him over Sanchez who you already know is a below avg QB. Worst case is Trevor sucks, get a top 10 pick and start Lynch next season. Best case is Trevor can play and with that D they make the playoffs with a good chance to defend their title.
The unknown sounds great- until it's Tyler Palko or Jeff Tuel. While it's true the unknown is logically superior to the known POS, the coaches see him in practice every day, there's college film, and say what you will of Sanchez, he has seen real NFL snaps in real games. He isn't quite unknown to the coaches and FO like you make it sound. This is coming from a guy who thinks Sanchez is a bottom 5 QB in the NFL this upcoming year.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh.....I'm just gonna hop into my time machine and get straight to the Paxton Lynch era. Hopefully, I don't overshoot the date and end up in the Mosley or Marshall Manning era.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unknown sounds great- until it's Tyler Palko or Jeff Tuel. While it's true the unknown is logically superior to the known POS, the coaches see him in practice every day, there's college film, and say what you will of Sanchez, he has seen real NFL snaps in real games. He isn't quite unknown to the coaches and FO like you make it sound. This is coming from a guy who thinks Sanchez is a bottom 5 QB in the NFL this upcoming year.

Good points. So I'll throw this at you, who would you choose to start?

Sanchez knowing he probably tops out at 8 wins with that D or Trevor with the possibility of surprising Denver with a playoff appearance or the possibility of bottoming out but in return gets you a top 10 draft pick.

I'll take the chance and roll the dice on Trevor.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. So I'll throw this at you, who would you choose to start?

Sanchez knowing he probably tops out at 8 wins with that D or Trevor with the possibility of surprising Denver with a playoff appearance or the possibility of bottoming out but in return gets you a top 10 draft pick.

I'll take the chance and roll the dice on Trevor.
Sanchez just to not screw up Lynch's development. Screw that up and then it really doesn't matter how well they draft everywhere else, it's already a difficult road as is looking at historical comps. They can just as easily (probably much more likely actually) be the 2014 Buffalo Bills as they will be the 2015 Broncos with a bit more offense. FTR, I would be very unsurprised by 8 wins from Denver, but am leaning more towards 10 just as a conservative prediction.

By most any indications, Lynch is more project than instant starter. Russell Wilson he very much is not unless virtually everyone is wrong about him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....... While it's true the unknown is logically superior to the known POS,............. Sanchez is a bottom 5 QB in the NFL this upcoming year.

Trevor will not be a bottom 5 QB this year. If he has anything he'll be better than that.
Sanchez tendencies are well known. At the level of competition he'll be playing at, bottom 5 could be optimistic....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Talk of Siemian as Broncos' starter 'legitimate'

"
This is a clear sign that Denver is not impressed by what it’s seen from Sanchez during off-season activities. And as it relates to Lynch, the expectation there has to be that he’s at least a year away from seeing the field in any real capacity.

Either way you spin it, the defending champs are in a less-than-enviable situation at the quarterback position with less than two weeks remaining until camp."

Discuss.....

Super Bowls have been won with elite defense, a great running game, and a QB that minimized mistakes. The Giants with Hostetler and Seahawks with Wilson come to mind.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor will not be a bottom 5 QB this year. If he has anything he'll be better than that.
Sanchez tendencies are well known. At the level of competition he'll be playing at, bottom 5 could be optimistic....

I must be imagining any team with a top 20 QB handing their QB massive contracts precisely to avoid the Mark Sanchizes and Trevor Simiens of the world. No, Trevor probably isn't even a top 32 QB. I wouldn't be convinced he could make my team if they carried 4 QB's; that's how little I think of Trevor. It can always get worse. Fans out here complained for years and years that Cassel was awful and wanted the next man up (Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko [he beat out Flacco in college!!!] and Brady Quinn) and they were all worse than the septic garbage Cassel put on the field week in and out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowls have been won with elite defense, a great running game, and a QB that minimized mistakes. The Giants with Hostetler and Seahawks with Wilson come to mind.

Are you comparing Sanchez to Wilson?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at this point in their careers. I'd obviously much rather have Wilson.
I predicted Wilson to be a star - and he has been one.
I predicted Sanchez to be a bum - I was wrong, he's the #1 QB of the SB champs.
Sanchez minimizing mistakes? remember this later this year.....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted Wilson to be a star - and he has been one.
I predicted Sanchez to be a bum - I was wrong, he's the #1 QB of the SB champs.
Sanchez minimizing mistakes? remember this later this year.....

If I wasn't clear I think Sanchez sucks. He was twice a game away from the Super Bowl though so there's that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez just to not screw up Lynch's development. Screw that up and then it really doesn't matter how well they draft everywhere else, it's already a difficult road as is looking at historical comps. They can just as easily (probably much more likely actually) be the 2014 Buffalo Bills as they will be the 2015 Broncos with a bit more offense. FTR, I would be very unsurprised by 8 wins from Denver, but am leaning more towards 10 just as a conservative prediction.

By most any indications, Lynch is more project than instant starter. Russell Wilson he very much is not unless virtually everyone is wrong about him.

Bold prediction with Denver and 10 wins and who knows, it could happen. I would go 10 wins if this was the Sanchez of old who started of his career with the Jets but watching his play decline year after year even with an awesome D to back him up, I see 8 wins. In any case you're spot on about Lynch, let him learn from the side and get him ready for next season.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be imagining any team with a top 20 QB handing their QB massive contracts precisely to avoid the Mark Sanchizes and Trevor Simiens of the world. No, Trevor probably isn't even a top 32 QB. I wouldn't be convinced he could make my team if they carried 4 QB's; that's how little I think of Trevor. It can always get worse. Fans out here complained for years and years that Cassel was awful and wanted the next man up (Brodie Croyle, Tyler Palko [he beat out Flacco in college!!!] and Brady Quinn) and they were all worse than the septic garbage Cassel put on the field week in and out.

Agree. Funny you bring up Cassel as he's arguably the best 7th round QB of the past 20 years. As a chiefs fan you've seen two of the greatest 7th round QB's ever (Thigpen and Cassel)

Until I actually see him play better than Dysert or Brandstater or Van Pelt, all late round guys who the Broncos seemed really high on according to them until they were let go, I can't buy into it.

He's a 7th round QB. In the past 10 years of the draft the best play a team has gotten from that position has been Tyler Thigpen (and Matt Flynn and Greg McElroy). All time greatest 7th round QB is Pat Haden or (or Cassel, Fitzpatrick or Gus Frerotte).

Of the 85 7th round QB's, 2 have winning records.

Scott Covington was 1-0 (threw for 7 yards before being benched and Jamie Martin threw 3 TD's to win it)
Steve Matthews was 1-0 (never threw an NFL TD)
Pat Haden (only 7th round QB to start more than 1 game with a winning record).

Maybe he is the 1 in 100 type talent. I need to see it to believe it though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't clear I think Sanchez sucks. He was twice a game away from the Super Bowl though so there's that.

Sanchez was a liability and ultimately the reason they didn't win.

Hostetler was an expendable piece and not nearly as complete of a player as Wilson.

Dumb comparisons. Wilson has been one of the best QBs in the league since his rookie year. Sure, he has had great defenses, but to compare him to shitty QBs who needed to completely lean on their defenses in order to succeed is just weak, even for you.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not counting them out, just like I didn't count out Baltimore and Tampa after some great defensive led SB's with mediocre QB's. But the chance of them putting it together without much improved QB play is really weak.
You must be watching those games on different channels then they do in Baltimore? Haven't you heard Joe is elite:pound: