• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Champions With No QB?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've argued this with many on here over and over that try to say Sanchez isn't that bad, but he is absolutely horrible. Bad decisions, completely inaccurate, shitty throws. He just doesn't have it, but he can take a hit. He was never any good with the Jets. if Denver sticks with him they are idiots. But, with their D they sill have a chance. Who really is better than them in the AFC even with a shitty Sanchez?

There have been several pretty competently argued cases for the following AFC Teams in my opinion:

Patriots
Steelers
Chiefs
Bengals

We'll see if that's reality.

The rest seem pretty flimsy to me. I think the Raiders are a potential matchup problem moving forward, but that's different from being a better team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been several pretty competently argued cases for the following AFC Teams in my opinion:

Patriots
Steelers
Chiefs
Bengals

We'll see if that's reality.

The rest seem pretty flimsy to me. I think the Raiders are a potential matchup problem moving forward, but that's different from being a better team.
To be clear I didn't say who has a chance to win. I said who really is better. I'm not asking you to make an argument for them possibly being better or say who is "as good". Do you think any of those teams you listed are better?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I didn't say who has a chance to win. I said who really is better. I'm not asking you to make an argument for them possibly being better or say who is "as good". Do you think any of those teams you listed are better?
I don't (I know you aren't asking me). To me those teams are all about on the same level.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue with a straight face Pitt and the Pats (with Brady) are better than Denver. The Bengals and Chiefs you can make a case for but I am sure a counterargument would be easy to construct. After that I would have a resounding no.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I hate the Patriots, but they should be better

And if the Steelers arent again destroyed by injuries, I think they are the best team in the AFC

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue with a straight face Pitt and the Pats (with Brady) are better than Denver. The Bengals and Chiefs you can make a case for but I am sure a counterargument would be easy to construct. After that I would have a resounding no.
Fair enough.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with a straight face the RAIDERS are better than the Broncos..
I guess we will find out real soon.. Camp right around the corner Hoop Fans!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I hate the Patriots, but they should be better

And if the Steelers arent again destroyed by injuries, I think they are the best team in the AFC

:nod:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the Broncos may better letting Sanchez at least try to get something going in the preseason and then make a move. Sanchez will be playing his absolute best to impress Elway . If he doesn't meet expectations
he's a goner.

I'm sure that Siemian will get a chance to show what he's got and to compete with Sanchez. If he's markedly better, Sanchez is done and Lynch will be holding the clipboard and taking notes on the sideline.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Lynch get more than a couple of minutes during preseason. Sometimes guys like him just need to get out there and make one completion and it's game on. Remember back in 2000 when a guy named Bledsoe got creamed and some noname guy named Brady got a chance to toss the ball in a losing effort?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see how by a long shot

Other than a few flashes from Ossweiler, Denver was doing everything possible to not have Peyton lose them games in the postseason

Peyton played solid ... It wasn't about his massive amount of throwing yards it was about his leadership and clutch play's when Denver needed it ... Also he only threw 1 INT in 3 playoff games... The guy reads defenses as good as any QB in history... Kubiak was brilliant to bench Osweiler and let Manning lead the way ...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton played solid ... It wasn't about his massive amount of throwing yards it was about his leadership and clutch play's when Denver needed it ... Also he only threw 1 INT in 3 playoff games... The guy reads defenses as good as any QB in history... Kubiak was brilliant to bench Osweiler and let Manning lead the way ...

He was the only reason the Panthers had any shot whatsoever in that SB

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton was pretty solid in the two games in Denver, but he was awful in the Super Bowl.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the Broncos may better letting Sanchez at least try to get something going in the preseason and then make a move. Sanchez will be playing his absolute best to impress Elway . If he doesn't meet expectations
he's a goner.

I'm sure that Siemian will get a chance to show what he's got and to compete with Sanchez. If he's markedly better, Sanchez is done and Lynch will be holding the clipboard and taking notes on the sideline.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Lynch get more than a couple of minutes during preseason. Sometimes guys like him just need to get out there and make one completion and it's game on. Remember back in 2000 when a guy named Bledsoe got creamed and some noname guy named Brady got a chance to toss the ball in a losing effort?
Well of course Lynch will play in the preseason. He'll probably play quite a bit. But barring injury, I'll be shocked if he does more than hold a clipboard during the regular season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the only reason the Panthers had any shot whatsoever in that SB

I totally disagree with that... Panthers had a very good defense also, and Manning did a great job early setting the tone in that game...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton was pretty solid in the two games in Denver, but he was awful in the Super Bowl.

He wasn't awful though.... Remember the defense he was up against... He made some great throws at key times... Denver's D was fantastic, but Manning's leadership was critical ... Osweiler would a folded like a tent under that pressure...

Those are GREAT passes at key moments.... Manning is a leader

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't awful though.... Remember the defense he was up against... He made some great throws at key times... Denver's D was fantastic, but Manning's leadership was critical ... Osweiler would a folded like a tent under that pressure...

Peyton Manning had the worst season of any Super Bowl-winning QB

Manning, as he was all season, was terrible on Sunday. He threw an awful interception that cost Denver points and his fourth-quarter fumble kept the Panthers in the game. The Broncos’ two touchdowns were set up by the defense.

Manning finished the game with a passer rating of 56.6, the fourth worst in Super bowl history among winning quarterbacks. Even Trent Dilfer, the quintessential quarterback-who-was-carried-to-a-ring-by-a-dominant-defense, managed an 80.9 rating in the Ravens’ Super Bowl win back in 2001.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he was most definitely awful, and a few decent passes doesn't change that fact. His interception was BRUTALLY bad, I mean he had Sanders open and he threw it right to the defender. And Denver was something like 1-13 on third downs, and that falls mostly on the qb.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning had the worst season of any Super Bowl-winning QB

Manning, as he was all season, was terrible on Sunday. He threw an awful interception that cost Denver points and his fourth-quarter fumble kept the Panthers in the game. The Broncos’ two touchdowns were set up by the defense.

Manning finished the game with a passer rating of 56.6, the fourth worst in Super bowl history among winning quarterbacks. Even Trent Dilfer, the quintessential quarterback-who-was-carried-to-a-ring-by-a-dominant-defense, managed an 80.9 rating in the Ravens’ Super Bowl win back in 2001.

Again his ratings aren't what I"m looking at... .His leadership,and making key throw at key times... A QB can have a less than stellar game and still make a difference... Manning could a went 7-50 but if all 7 throws were key 3rd downs play's keeping drives alive he made a difference... That's my point... He made some great throws in that game ... Opening drive being a HUGE momentum factor...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again his ratings aren't what I"m looking at... .His leadership,and making key throw at key times... A QB can have a less than stellar game and still make a difference... Manning could a went 7-50 but if all 7 throws were key 3rd downs play's keeping drives alive he made a different... That's my point... He made some great throws in that game ... Opening drive being a HUGE momentum factor...

See that's the problem, he set a record for I believe 13 3 and outs in a row , Carolina actually had 10 more first downs. It was the D that scored the first TD and set up the second on the 10 yard line.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he was most definitely awful, and a few decent passes doesn't change that fact. His interception was BRUTALLY bad, I mean he had Sanders open and he threw it right to the defender. And Denver was something like 1-13 on third downs, and that falls mostly on the qb.

He made more than a few decent passes... He was great on that opening drive and set the tone early... Your looking at just the numbers... I'm looking past that...