• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Champions With No QB?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's the problem, he set a record for I believe 13 3 and outs in a row , Carolina actually had 10 more first downs. It was the D that scored the first TD and set up the second on the 10 yard line.

Carolina also had a fantastic defense going into that game... I expected both offenses to struggle.. I was actually surprised the Broncos were moving the ball so well early in that game...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Siemian's first name?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina also had a fantastic defense going into that game... I expected both offenses to struggle.. I was actually surprised the Broncos were moving the ball so well early in that game...

He set up a fg. It was the D that scored or setup the rest of the points. He was actually better in the SB vs your Seahawks where he has 4 t/o's. This game Denver had the least yards of any SB winning team ( he threw for 141) 2 t/os O Tds. Miller stripping the ball and D recovering in the endzone set the tone.

Sure Carolina's D was tough but your QB Wilson threw for 366 yards and 3 Td's against them in the playoffs. That's over 200 more yards and 3 more td's

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see how by a long shot

Other than a few flashes from Ossweiler, Denver was doing everything possible to not have Peyton lose them games in the postseason
This is plain silly. I remember when they sat Oz and Peyton came back in; the whole team changed and trotted their way to a SB from thereon. Sure Peyton had some terrible games, but his experience and leadership is not something you just replace with a butt-fumbler or rookie QB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton played solid ... It wasn't about his massive amount of throwing yards it was about his leadership and clutch play's when Denver needed it ... Also he only threw 1 INT in 3 playoff games... The guy reads defenses as good as any QB in history... Kubiak was brilliant to bench Osweiler and let Manning lead the way ...
Agree. Don't think they make it to, and win the SB, without him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning had the worst season of any Super Bowl-winning QB

Manning, as he was all season, was terrible on Sunday. He threw an awful interception that cost Denver points and his fourth-quarter fumble kept the Panthers in the game. The Broncos’ two touchdowns were set up by the defense.

Manning finished the game with a passer rating of 56.6, the fourth worst in Super bowl history among winning quarterbacks. Even Trent Dilfer, the quintessential quarterback-who-was-carried-to-a-ring-by-a-dominant-defense, managed an 80.9 rating in the Ravens’ Super Bowl win back in 2001.
well luckily for him he played an even worse QB the week before when Tom Brady had a 56.4 rating and through two picks. Luckily for the rest of the NFL The Broncos don't get to play Brady every week...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well luckily for him he played an even worse QB the week before when Tom Brady had a 56.4 rating and through two picks. Luckily for the rest of the NFL The Broncos don't get to play Brady every week...

What's this have to do with Brady ?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this have to do with Brady ?
Nothing why? I thought we were talking about Manning. As bad as he played he lucked out that he played an even worse QB the week before or he wouldn't have been in the SB, right?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing why? I thought we were talking about Manning. As bad as he played he lucked out that he played an even worse QB the week before or he wouldn't have been in the SB, right?
Actually, it was a defensive battle, and Denver came out on top. The QBs had little to do with the outcome.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's right we are talking about Denver and I was agreeing with a Denver and Giants fan that he played decent in the playoffs games and horrible during the season and especially in the SB. Yes he is lucky he played a horrible QB the week before. All the cards need to fall exactly the way they did or do they don't win. Oz has them come back from a 14 pt deficit at home vs NE and helps secure HFA. They pull OZ in 3rq Q vs San Diego down 14 also I think and they win and help secure HFA. The D doesn't strip the ball from Pitt's RB late in game and that could have been end of playoffs. It all worked out and they are the champions so you can get Brady off your cock

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made more than a few decent passes... He was great on that opening drive and set the tone early... Your looking at just the numbers... I'm looking past that...
No I'm not just looking at the numbers, I'm looking at the fact that for most of the Super Bowl, Manning was really bad. Yes, the first drive was great. The offense looked crisp and sharp, until they bogged down in the red zone and had to settle for a field goal. The fist drive was also the only drive of the game where the Broncos converted on third down.

The Broncos had two drives of over 50 yards that resulted in scores in the entire game. That's it. Their other scoring drives went -1 and 4 yards. Additionally, they drove into Carolina territory two more times, only to see Manning turn the ball over.

Manning was just bad in the Super Bowl. A lot of credit for that goes to Carolina's defense for sure, but that doesn't excuse Manning completely. He was much better against Pittsburgh and New England, but the Super Bowl he was very bad and there's no two ways about it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right we are talking about Denver and I was agreeing with a Denver and Giants fan that he played decent in the playoffs games and horrible during the season and especially in the SB. Yes he is lucky he played a horrible QB the week before. All the cards need to fall exactly the way they did or do they don't win. Oz has them come back from a 14 pt deficit at home vs NE and helps secure HFA. They pull OZ in 3rq Q vs San Diego down 14 also I think and they win and help secure HFA. The D doesn't strip the ball from Pitt's RB late in game and that could have been end of playoffs. It all worked out and they are the champions so you can get Brady off your cock
Actually it was 13-7 at that point but the rest of your post is spot on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was a defensive battle, and Denver came out on top. The QBs had little to do with the outcome.
Boy I don't know about you, but in a 2 point game I think two interceptions and a 48% completion % by your QB has an impact on the outcome. I sure as hell know Romo wouldn't be let off the hook for that and that NE fans didn't want to hear that line of thinking in the SB the next week when they wanted to point out Manning's poor play.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, Sonny and Broncos obviously watched a different SB than you guys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read that out loud with marbles in my mouth it was easier to follow

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly........They would have, maybe should have lost to a Steelers team in which Ben probably should not have played, Bell and DeAngelo were both out, and Antonio didnt play

All because Peyton kept them in that game all day long

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, Sonny and Broncos obviously watched a different SB than you guys
"His arm may have been shot, but his leadership and knowledge of the offense were vital to the Broncos success!" *Points out that despite his leadership and knowledge, the Broncos offense was still terrible* "Yeah, but you gotta look beyond the numbers, man! Manning made a couple of really nice throws, therefore he must have played a good game!"