• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Say goodbye to Mallett

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm aware of but I really wouldn't think about taking a second rounder from them until after the season. Then it's iffy depending on how bad they sucked. I honestly offer him some sort of extension early, though. He may not take it but it doesn't hurt to try. If he is definitely walking and they really sucked, maybe I take it. If they're middle of the pack, nah.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's 10 picks deep in the round idk if I want it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's 10 picks deep in the round idk if I want it.

That little GM the Browns got who used to be a TV analyst is reportedly obsessed w Mallet. They wanted Bradford bad (don't ask me why) AND RG3 and missed out on both. The Browns are desperate for a franchise QB (you'd have to be to draft Weeden right?). If Weeden bites it hard, but they still finish with a record that keeps them from drafting a guy in 2014, you might be able to swing a 1st rounder of them.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think about that. Honestly beyond that I'd probably just rather just let him play out his contract in case we need him. One more year with a capable backup is worth it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but all Im saying is Tebow was better in college and has actual results in the NFL when it comes to his team winning. Id take Mallett over Tebow all day too especially in the Pats system but saying Mallett is better than some or most current starters in the NFL is hyperbole at best and just plain homerism at worst. Only 2 QB's on your roster have won a playoff game and neither of them is named Ryan Mallett

In college Tebow did not pass the ball in College he ran the ball in this league you have to pass. Do you really think Mallett might not be better then, Sanchez, Kolb, Cassell, Ponder etc.. And remember I said probably better than.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's draft was terrible as far as Qbs go but next year could bring a bumper crop and that has to hurt Mallett's value as it stands right now. If he's a legit talent and BB wants to get a second rounder for him, he needs to showcase him in the preseason. Just for example...Walter Football has five Qbs going in the top fifteen picks next year and four more in the second round so it might be tough to move him if he's right and they all play up to that early analysis.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point TKO, the crop of upand comers will factor huge in this.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Mallett. You've got Tebow so you don't need him.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Mallett. You've got Tebow so you don't need him.

shut your mouth troll! seriously though.. you can not rely on Tebow id rather have matt cassel back then Tebow as the qb.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys would know better than me but is this still a hot topic?

The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

Browns talk to Pats again about Mallett; Pats want 2nd rounder.

I remember reading that last April, before the draft. The '14 draft will be completly different.
Hence the reason I said test the waters again but try to sign him to a team & Mallet friendly extension.

If teams are not willing to trade a decent pick for him, they will not pay him on the open market a year later.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut your mouth troll! seriously though.. you can not rely on Tebow id rather have matt cassel back then Tebow as the qb.

Seriously, you do have Tebow so you can trade Mallett for somebody really good, not a QB. Having Tebow sitting there is better than nothing, that's for sure. My point is that you don't have to have Mallett so you can trade him and get your money's worth out of it. Wasn't trolling, I promise you I wouldn't troll a team board.

(Though the other boards are free game!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Julian Edelman play in an emergency than Tebow. At least that way you know someone will be signed for the next week.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Julian Edelman play in an emergency than Tebow. At least that way you know someone will be signed for the next week.

Either way you can still trade Mallett and get somebody (or more than one player) that you really need.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have any needs a trade of Mallett would fill.

Again, I am far happier with Mallett on the bench in case of an emerge envy than what we could get in return for him. Even next year I let him play out his contract in case of emergency over taking a mid-late second rounder for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have any needs a trade of Mallett would fill.

Again, I am far happier with Mallett on the bench in case of an emerge envy than what we could get in return for him. Even next year I let him play out his contract in case of emergency over taking a mid-late second rounder for him.

As I said before...I agree!