• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Say goodbye to Mallett

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want them to trade Mallett at all just because Tom wants to play at 40+ does not mean he can or that his skills won't diminish. And the thought of Brady going down does not scare me as much with Mallett on the sidelines as it would if Tebow were on the sidelines.

This.

I say let Timmie play the preseason and up his trade value...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want them to trade Mallett at all just because Tom wants to play at 40+ does not mean he can or that his skills won't diminish. And the thought of Brady going down does not scare me as much with Mallett on the sidelines as it would if Tebow were on the sidelines.

It only takes one play for Brady to get hurt...

And Mallet is one of the dumbest QB's to grace the planet... and he has legs like a stork. I am not sure how long he would make it before getting rolled up on and getting injured.

I moved here to NW Arkansas for business back in 2008... and it was hard to listen to that kid talk.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Mallet is one of the dumbest QB's to grace the planet... and he has legs like a stork. I am not sure how long he would make it before getting rolled up on and getting injured.

I moved here to NW Arkansas for business back in 2008... and it was hard to listen to that kid talk.

Mallett is a very smart QB I don't care if you think he sounds like a Hill Billy he is smart on the field and can make most of the throws required. He is probably better then some or most of the current starting QBs in the league.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett is a very smart QB I don't care if you think he sounds like a Hill Billy he is smart on the field and can make most of the throws required. He is probably better then some or most of the current starting QBs in the league.

Tough to tell as I haven't seen him much since he played here locally... where he would throw a bullet at receivers that were only 8 yards out and get picked off. If he has solved him velocity issue at close range he has the potential to be a great passer.

And even though he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, he has been in the system long enough where he has to know the system by now well enough to start if needed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the comment was more about Tebow than Mallett. I would rather put 10 guys on the field with Mallett at QB than 11 with Tebow.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pocket passing qbs win championships stork legs or not. scrambling qbs dont. brady has moose legs for crying out loud and hes been to 5 superbowls. id rather give mallett a shot than a boatload of other qbs in the league.

Jackbrit2

Jackbrit2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent history can make a difference. If the just drafted qb's from this past draft don't woo teams watching it could force Mallet's value up. Same goes for last years qb's that were drafted. If it takes two years for a qb to start a team has to decide if they can wait that long or jump the gun so to speak and take Malltet from us.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the comment was more about Tebow than Mallett. I would rather put 10 guys on the field with Mallett at QB than 11 with Tebow.

With Tebow on the field you would only have 10 players.....(couldn't resist)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tebow on the field you would only have 10 players.....(couldn't resist)

Exactly. I'd rather give up a different position than QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mallett's wonderlic score was 26. the NFL average is 19. I don't want to hear players talk. I want them to perform. Mallett has what it takes. We won't know more until he starts - somewhere. I hope we don't need him but if we did.......

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2 and up? You really think a team would give a top pick for Mallet? I highly doubt a team would give any higher then a 3rd rounder for him. Probably even lower then that.

There were a number of GMs out there saying that Mallett would have been the shoe-in #1 overall pick if he was in this year's draft. Yes, I think that there may be a team willing to deal a 2nd rounder for him after the season. The 3rd rounder for him is almost a wash; if he goes out and plays starting QB for someone, the Pats get a 3rd rounder for him as a comp pick anyway.

If you think he's got a good chance to be your starting QB and the Pats will take a mid 2nd rounder, of course you do that. If nobody has that conviction, his trade value is approximately zero anyway and they keep him through the end of the rookie contract and find another backup later.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's completely impossible we get him to stick around, although Brady's comments certainly lower those odds. They could try to sell him on how well it worked out for Aaron Rogers to be patient, and on how well the team is built for the future. It's a long shot but I'd be willing to pay a couple mil a year for him as a security blanket with Brady's team friendly contract. A hard sell, but if he's the quarterback we're looking for, he may bite. We have a fair bit to offer in every area but salary and immediate starting opportunity.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's completely impossible we get him to stick around, although Brady's comments certainly lower those odds. They could try to sell him on how well it worked out for Aaron Rogers to be patient, and on how well the team is built for the future. It's a long shot but I'd be willing to pay a couple mil a year for him as a security blanket with Brady's team friendly contract. A hard sell, but if he's the quarterback we're looking for, he may bite. We have a fair bit to offer in every area but salary and immediate starting opportunity.

Don't have to work but you won't get paid. Sounds like walmart

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't buy into what he's saying about playing for that long if movement was part of his game. But since it's not, I think as long as he stays healthy, which Dante has done a great job of keeping him that way, he has the tools to play into his early 40's. I can see Gisele putting the kibosh :L on any of that though. He'll be done by 40.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to tell as I haven't seen him much since he played here locally... where he would throw a bullet at receivers that were only 8 yards out and get picked off. If he has solved him velocity issue at close range he has the potential to be a great passer.

And even though he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, he has been in the system long enough where he has to know the system by now well enough to start if needed.

Not sure what the hell you were watching. I too live in SEC country and watched a lot of his college games, he was solid in college. Hell his dad was a coach Mallett was groomed for the NFL, even if what you say were true I am sure four years of understudy of Tom Brady and working with NFL coaches have honed his skills.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much in line with my thoughts. SHop him around this off season to see what kind of market there is for him, then try to resign him to a team friendly/Mallet friendly contract extension.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much in line with my thoughts. SHop him around this off season to see what kind of market there is for him, then try to resign him to a team friendly/Mallet friendly contract extension.

If an extension would work that would be great! If he leaves for another team and who could blame him Brady will be 37 / 38? Lets say we draft a kid now what, we are left training him in hopes that Tom can make it to 40. I can not see the Pats getting a first for Mallett, out of the question, and I can't see the Pats taking a third that's where we got him. So that leaves us looking at a second round pick is it worht losing a guy that appears to have the NFL tools for a second rounder? I suspect this is a question BB and the team struggles with too. How long do we really think we can keep him on the bench? This is a tough call, the QB class is suppose to be solid next year so that will have a lot to do with it.