• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Diego Week!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good and bad of today...The good is Marshall's foot sprain does not look that bad. He is expected to miss maybe a week or two because of it.

Onto the bad. Trevathan just cannot catch a break as he has a dislocated knee and will need surgery ending his season.

Other notes of interest...Chris Harris was in front of the press today and acknowledged that he knows he could have gotten a lot more money elsewhere but loves Denver and his family loves Denver so decided money was not the first priority.

Terrance Knighton in talking contract said that Denver is where he wants to be and if the Broncos are even in the ball park of what he thinks he should get then he will be a Bronco next year.

As for the San Diego game...The Broncos defense used 20 different players at some point in the game with Lamin Barrow and Corey Nelson not being in that group. Shows the quality of depth this team has in my opinion. Stinks to lose Marshall for a week or two and Trevathan for the rest of the year but the young guys have really stepped up in the linebacker position.

Anybody know anything about this Todd Davis guy that played lights out yesterday for us?

Draftinsiders pretty much said he was one-dimensional, best fit..back-up in a 3/4 D. Thing is he also led Sac ST in tackles every yr since his sophmore yr. I don`t hold much stock in the so-called experts evaluation of players. They don`t grade on heart and determination much. Just saw red-zone highlights and then the 30 min nfl replay this morn so didn`t really see alot of plays. I for one sure hope he brings some good things for the LB crew as they are suffering some bad luck of late. Really bummed for Trev. Hope Marshalls foot sprain is short lasting as he has been a valuable asset in Irving and Trevs absense and a great surprise. PS. What I did see of game/stats and such, the D played exceptionally well iMO. Can`t imagine anyone would bad-mouth their performance in a very tough Div contest. A+ I give them. Like the most of the rest, I`am alittle dissapointed in the red-zone of late but hey, if it was easy it wouldn`t be the nfl,right? Things tighten up down there with short field,etc. Really proud of the whole team going down there to SD and getting a very important win vs a very tough Charger team with alot on the line. Go Broncos and major kudos for sure!!:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense didn't do a whole lot to generate pressure (8 pressures and 0 sacks) but I would say the secondary just looked down right impressive. 2 Interceptions plus holding Rivers to less yards passing on twice as many throws as Peyton.

To me this game was a showing of the Broncos can beat teams in a multitude of ways. If the offense is struggling we have seen the defense step up recently and just take over the game. Obviously with Peyton we can beat teams with the passing game and now we can beat them with the run game and controlling the clock.

I think above anything else these last 3 weeks that is what has encouraged me the most. Yes this team has some things to work on such as cleaning up the penalties and finishing drives with touchdowns but this team does seem to be rounding into form.

Also have to remember with the Red Zone issues Peyton was pretty darn sick yesterday. I mean he had 4 IV bags put in him before this game. That is a lot of fluid lost if that is the case.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good injury update is Latimer has cleared concussion protocol so he will practice again this week.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kinda a "glass half empty" guy.

I was thinking more a Chicken Little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" overreactionary kind of guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more a Chicken Little "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" overreactionary kind of guy.

This again is why I just prefer to stay away from the Game Day threads. They just seem full of doom and gloom on every play that can be considered terrible. I guess people forget those other guys get paid to do a job as well. Hardly ever will you see a game that everything goes perfect for your team. There are just going to be some ups an downs.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This again is why I just prefer to stay away from the Game Day threads. They just seem full of doom and gloom on every play that can be considered terrible. I guess people forget those other guys get paid to do a job as well. Hardly ever will you see a game that everything goes perfect for your team. There are just going to be some ups an downs.

Well said