• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Diego Week!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude for once settle down. You are worse then I am. This was the biggest win and most impressive win of the year. With Manning sick and banged up and other guys like Marshall, Trevathon, Clady, D.T., Talib, nd J.T. all banged up in and out of the game and to win and wrap up the division on the road against a good Charger team Broncos fans should be very impressed and happy. Barth was clutch on fg's and the special teams were great. T.J. Ward needs to step his game up in coverage and there needs to be less penalties but damn very impressed today. Go Broncos!!!

I don't put up with bullshit. 5 Barth field goals aren't gonna do shit for us when the Patriots are kicking our ass in New England because we can't score in the redzone. And injuries weren't the reason we couldn't score on 3 straight runs from inside the 2 yard line, injuries aren't the reason we couldn't even knockdown Rivers once all game.

Maybe everyone is blinded because we're winning but what I saw was another week of the Offense shitting the bed and the defense playing for their lives because they are always on the field. And winning now isn't gonna mean jack when we're getting abused by NE if we even make it that far because right now this team has shown me nothing to say they can compete with the other AFC playoff teams.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put up with bullshit. 5 Barth field goals aren't gonna do shit for us when the Patriots are kicking our ass in New England because we can't score in the redzone. And injuries weren't the reason we couldn't score on 3 straight runs from inside the 2 yard line, injuries aren't the reason we couldn't even knockdown Rivers once all game.

Maybe everyone is blinded because we're winning but what I saw was another week of the Offense shitting the bed and the defense playing for their lives because they are always on the field. And winning now isn't gonna mean jack when we're getting abused by NE if we even make it that far because right now this team has shown me nothing to say they can compete with the other AFC playoff teams.

Dude I agree the pass rush has to get better and if they play like this they wont beat the Patriots but that's weeks away. Time to celebrate and AFC West title for now. Trust me I am the most hated poster on here because people don't like to hear the truth but today was a gutty win considering the circumstances versus a good team on the road. Just saying.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are certainly welcome to your opinions, Duffman. However, I see a Broncos team that has gotten tougher in the trenches and can win games in many ways. Of course, I would rather face the Patriots in Denver if the Broncos get that far but I have much greater confidence in Denver's ability to win in New England if that's how the AFCCG lines up.

You see ineptitude and I see toughness. There is no right or wrong. As the season and playoffs unfold, we shall see who is viewing the team more accurately.

Either way, we're all Broncos fans and can unite in the fact that we just won the AFC West for the fourth straight year and tied an NFL record for most divisional road wins since the 9'ers pulled it off in the 80's. Go Broncos!

MH64

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Simms said it best. This team is in great shape going into the playoffs because it's PHYSICAL on both sides of the ball and can win in many different ways. Anyone who watched today's game and wasn't impressed has the football knowledge of a women. It's terrific that they're playing smashmouth football and not counting on Manning throwing the ball 40 times. THIS style of play is how you win a championship.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this duff man character? Mr. Rage is alive inside me get it out before I die kill everyone football nut. Hilarious dude

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the win on the field, winning the AFC West, and clinching a playoff spot. This wasn't a pretty or dominating win, but it was gritty, and as others have said, the team showed toughness and character against a good Charger team who always seem to play us tough. This is the type of win that builds character, and that is very important going into the playoffs.

The red zone offense was less than stellar, but in my gut I have to credit the Chargers defense more than fault the Broncos offense. The Chargers were a desperate team, and I am a little surprised that they didn't make the game more dramatic. Credit the Broncos' heart and attitude for that. They went out and TOOK the game. I love how Talib and Moore made late picks to end the Chargers' hopes. THAT is Championship football.

Great win today, and I'm glad that other fans besides myself saw that it was a good win, because on the surface it doesn't look as impressive as it was.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all wins can be perfect. I expected this game to be tough and it was. Those crying about the defense need to look at the whole picture. Holding a high powered offense to few yards and 10 points in their own stadium is impressive. As for the offense, I advise patience. We've been relying a lot more on the run game, and it's paying off. And it may also be a part of a larger strategy. Look at what Fox and Co. did in the playoffs with the Panthers and Delhomme. Got teams by grinding out wins, then sprang an aggressive passing gameplan against the Patriots that nearly worked. I see this Broncos team playing similarly. I have a feeling some opposing teams are in for an offensive shock.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 22-10 road win over a team that still had an outside shot at an AFC West title is something I'll take every time. The Broncos are 11-3 and have won the AFC West 4 consecutive years now. That is something to be excited about. The way this team is winning lately I've gotta believe they feel they can beat anyone anywhere. The defense has been very stout lately. The offense hasn't looked like the explosive unit we've come to expect from Manning, but the past 4 weeks this offense has been downright relentless. We all would have liked to see them trade a few of those FGs for TDs, but I think it's coming.

A win next week will earn this team a much needed first-round bye. I think they could really benefit from that. Looking back at this schedule sort of gives you a sense of what the Broncos have accomplished. This slate was obscene. To be 11-3 after 14 is a testament to how good this Broncos team is.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To help put this game in perspective, those vaunted patriots played similarly at San Diego last week. the Chargers had a lot to play for. Give them a little credit.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier considering all the circumstances with inured players during the game of and on the field at times like Clady, Trevathon, Marshall, Talib, D.T. and J.T. not near 100% plus Manning sicker then a dog plus banged up and get a huge road win at the S.D. Chargers I was very impressed. Yes Ward's coverage has to get better and the pass rush must improve. Also need TD's not fg's but I was impressed and knew it wasn't going to be easy. AFC West Champs!! Just saying.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time of possession: Broncos - 32:44 Chargers - 27:16

You're entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a very strange game, especially the first half. First the Broncos throw it incomplete two straight times from the one yard line and kick a field goal. The next time down they run it 3 straight times from the 1. Then Manning throws a block and goes to the locker room after the Broncos seemingly scored a touchdown, but hold on a second he didn't actually get in it's 4th and goal. Here I think the Broncos blew it by not going for it on 4th and goal. Yes, even with Manning in the locker room getting an iv I would have put Brock in their for the qb sneak. Worst case scenario he's stuffed and the Chargers are backed up to their own goal line in a game the Broncos defense has dominated.

The offensive play calling to end the half was awful, IMO. Why in the world did they have Brock try to throw the ball? I don't really put much blame on Brock, that was a tough situation to come into, but the Broncos should have run the ball 3 straight times and gone to the locker room up 9-0. But they didn't, and the Broncos had to punt, and Royal got a great return. Fortunately the defense stepped up and bailed out the coaching staff on that one.

Overall, I thought the Broncos secondary had it's best game of the season. The Broncos didn't get any pass rush (give credit to the Chargers line as it looked like the Broncos tried several blitzes that just didn't get through) but the secondary really locked up the Chargers receivers. They won this game IMO.

It wasn't pretty, but the Broncos won a tough road game against a good division rival. Of course there are things to be critical of, but in my opinion winning a game like that on the road is a good sign going forward. One more road game to go, and if we win that one we lock up a first round bye, which I think is crucial for this banged up team.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots softened 'em up for you.

"They played their Superbowl against us last week!" - Ghost of briz~

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots softened 'em up for you.

"They played their Superbowl against us last week!" - Ghost of briz~

Haha you guys definitely play in a lot of Super Bowls throughout the year according to Briz...Kind of miss that guy on here. He always amazed me with his abilities to be the biggest homer I know.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game itself obviously there is some good and some bad. The not punching it in from the 1 is a little disheartening but at the same time this defense seems to be rounding into playoff form. We have played 3 decent offenses the last 3 weeks and really until late in the game held them to practically nothing.

Here now the last couple of weeks we have even seen the defense step up and make a play when we needed them to with interceptions from a secondary rounding into form. Throw in the Chiefs and Bills game we did it through pressure where this one we did it through coverage on defense. To me that is a huge sign in neither unit is dependent on the other for success at this time.

At least in my opinion the worst part about this game was not so much the play on the field but the injuries. Very interested to hear what we find out today.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first injury update of the day. Ryan Clady has a quad injury but does not look like anything serious. Should be ready by this Sunday.

Brandon Marshall is one that is hard to completely understand. it is a mild foot sprain which could mean a wide range of things. Such as Ronnie Hillman had a mild foot sprain back in the middle of November and has yet to return. Champ Bailey had a foot sprain (lis franc) and missed almost the entire season. So not sure yet how serious it is if he will be week by week or out the rest of the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good and bad of today...The good is Marshall's foot sprain does not look that bad. He is expected to miss maybe a week or two because of it.

Onto the bad. Trevathan just cannot catch a break as he has a dislocated knee and will need surgery ending his season.

Other notes of interest...Chris Harris was in front of the press today and acknowledged that he knows he could have gotten a lot more money elsewhere but loves Denver and his family loves Denver so decided money was not the first priority.

Terrance Knighton in talking contract said that Denver is where he wants to be and if the Broncos are even in the ball park of what he thinks he should get then he will be a Bronco next year.

As for the San Diego game...The Broncos defense used 20 different players at some point in the game with Lamin Barrow and Corey Nelson not being in that group. Shows the quality of depth this team has in my opinion. Stinks to lose Marshall for a week or two and Trevathan for the rest of the year but the young guys have really stepped up in the linebacker position.

Anybody know anything about this Todd Davis guy that played lights out yesterday for us?

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good and bad of today...The good is Marshall's foot sprain does not look that bad. He is expected to miss maybe a week or two because of it.

Onto the bad. Trevathan just cannot catch a break as he has a dislocated knee and will need surgery ending his season.

Other notes of interest...Chris Harris was in front of the press today and acknowledged that he knows he could have gotten a lot more money elsewhere but loves Denver and his family loves Denver so decided money was not the first priority.

Terrance Knighton in talking contract said that Denver is where he wants to be and if the Broncos are even in the ball park of what he thinks he should get then he will be a Bronco next year.

As for the San Diego game...The Broncos defense used 20 different players at some point in the game with Lamin Barrow and Corey Nelson not being in that group. Shows the quality of depth this team has in my opinion. Stinks to lose Marshall for a week or two and Trevathan for the rest of the year but the young guys have really stepped up in the linebacker position.

Anybody know anything about this Todd Davis guy that played lights out yesterday for us?

That Chris Harris story is a good. Not many players are dedicated to an organization like that nowadays. Teddy Bruschi and Troy Brown were like that for the Pats.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Chris Harris story is a good one. Not many players are dedicated to an organization like that nowadays. Teddy Bruschi and Troy Brown were like that for the Pats.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Chris Harris story is a good one. Not many players are dedicated to an organization like that nowadays. Teddy Bruschi and Troy Brown were like that for the Pats.

I agree you don't hear that kind of thing very often. He has been the top-rated corner in the NFL pretty much all season and has been a top-10 Corner well really since his rookie year if you are a profootballfocus kind of person yet he took outside that top-10 by a decent amount. I wouldn't have blamed him one bit for making the Broncos have to pay up or see him walk out the door but good to see him realize that his family's happiness and enjoying where you work is more important than a little more money.

Unfortunately I don't see DT being the same way. He said on NFL Network that he would take a discount to stay with the Broncos but they already offered him top-3 WR money and he turned it down so I don't see that happening.