• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Diego Week!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone who expects a very tough game Sunday. May have to play our best game of the season in order to clinch the division. The good news, of course, is that we have played some of our best football recently and we get J.Thomas and Trevathan back this week.

Came across a few stats that I found interesting in this DP preview of the game: Broncos vs. Chargers: Who has the edge?; how to watch; more - The Denver Post

First, as others have mentioned, our revitalized run game seems to have come a bit at the expense of our passing attack. Would obviously be nice to see PM and Co. get back on track. Recent games in SD suggest that might happen: "His past two games at San Diego have been alarming: 49-for-66 for 639 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception."

Second, we have also discussed recently how much more aggressively, and effectively, the defense has played for most of the last ten quarters. I didn't realize just exactly how much more, however, we have relied on the blitz, though we have apparently blitzed on 34% of defensive snaps in the past three games, having blitzed only 15% of the time prior to that. The piece linked also notes that SD has been hurt at the Center position, something that NE was able to exploit with blitzes up the middle. Perhaps we succeed in replicating that tactic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read TD. I'm hoping the Broncos test the Chargers early with the blitzes up the middle. Obviously it worked for NE so might as well see if the Chargers have learned from their mistakes. Also love the stat of blitzing on a 1/3rd of our defensive plays now. Shows we are finally willing to play with that aggressive attitude to make teams have to beat us over the top. I have great trust in Talib and Harris to not have that happen.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this be the last NFL game in San Diego? :bawling:

Wouldn't surprise me. That fan base overall has not been that supportive for a long time. I remember when they were so bad that not only were they handing out free Charger tickets on base, but also there were times when the games were gonna be "blacked" out locally. I never heard of such nonsense anywhere else. Maybe New England when they were owned by the Sullivans.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. That fan base overall has not been that supportive for a long time. I remember when they were so bad that not only were they handing out free Charger tickets on base, but also there were times when the games were gonna be "blacked" out locally. I never heard of such nonsense anywhere else. Maybe New England when they were owned by the Sullivans.

I remember those days. Mike Riley years, right? 2000-2001. I lived out there during this time. The Chargers were 1-15 followed by 5-11 and they were all but asked to leave the city by a number of residents. You couldn't give away a Chargers ticket back then. Imagine my amusement when I returned to the area in 2007 with the Chargers coming off 3 consecutive winning seasons, two of them playoff seasons (albeit with early exits) and all of a sudden there are all these "lifelong" Chargers fans everywhere. A lot of them were dicks, too. I had people walking up to me in public places telling me to eff off right in front of my wife and baby daughter. I don't consider the Chargers the Broncos primary rival. The Broncos have bitch-slapped that 2nd rate franchise too many times for them to be taken seriously, despite them having been a pretty competitive team over the last decade. But I dislike Chargers fans as a group more so than just about any other.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those days. Mike Riley years, right? 2000-2001. I lived out there during this time. The Chargers were 1-15 followed by 5-11 and they were all but asked to leave the city by a number of residents. You couldn't give away a Chargers ticket back then. Imagine my amusement when I returned to the area in 2007 with the Chargers coming off 3 consecutive winning seasons, two of them playoff seasons (albeit with early exits) and all of a sudden there are all these "lifelong" Chargers fans everywhere. A lot of them were dicks, too. I had people walking up to me in public places telling me to eff off right in front of my wife and baby daughter. I don't consider the Chargers the Broncos primary rival. The Broncos have bitch-slapped that 2nd rate franchise too many times for them to be taken seriously, despite them having been a pretty competitive team over the last decade. But I dislike Chargers fans as a group more so than just about any other.

You were close. I was stationed at Miramar from 01 to 08. This was happening as late as 04. But you are dead on about the fans from 07 on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer's concussion must have been worse than first thought for him still not to be cleared. I wish we would have had more opportunity to see him play this year and see what he offers this offense. Seems though the Broncos with all of their talent have the ability to sit a rookie for a year and let them learn the system.

Good to see some guys coming back though with Hillman and Webster expected back in the near future. Throw in heard that Trevathan is expected to be activated this week! Not sure how much he would actually play or even if he would play but good to see he is getting close.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were close. I was stationed at Miramar from 01 to 08. This was happening as late as 04. But you are dead on about the fans from 07 on.

Nice! I was at MCRD from 2001-2002 (worked nights at receiving company) and Pendleton 2007-2010. I did MECEP and the officer pipeline in between.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! I was at MCRD from 2001-2002 (worked nights at receiving company) and Pendleton 2007-2010. I did MECEP and the officer pipeline in between.

Awesome bro! I take it you were a DOD contractor? During my years stationed at MCAS Miramar as a "Jarhead" I spent years 01-07 working at the Visiting Aircraft Line directing, offloading,on loading, and fueling every visiting aircraft. Including every aircraft that showed up for annual air shows there. Then I spent 07-08 working as the Receiving Section NCOIC at the shipping and receiving warehouse.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome bro! I take it you were a DOD contractor? During my years stationed at MCAS Miramar as a "Jarhead" I spent years 01-07 working at the Visiting Aircraft Line directing, offloading,on loading, and fueling every visiting aircraft. Including every aircraft that showed up for annual air shows there. Then I spent 07-08 working as the Receiving Section NCOIC at the shipping and receiving warehouse.

No, I was active duty USMC. I worked as an admin clerk at receiving company at MCRD beginning in January of 2001. I was in Okinawa before that. I'd pick up recruits at the airport drive them over to the depot and turn them over to the DIs and divide them into their platoons. It was a fun job. I also worked at DI School. In 2002 I was picked up for the MECEP program and started college at the University of Colorado. I went to OCS in 2003, graduated college in 2006 and went over to the "dark side" at that time. After complete the officer pipeline (TBS and MOS school) I was stationed at 3d Tracks down on camp Del Mar. Later I was traded to 1/5 for draft picks. Went to Afghanistan with the grunts. Honestly my time with the infantry was the best time of my career. Great CO, XO, SgtMaj, OpsO, company commanders, etc. All around awesome unit. I'm a Quantico guy now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got my balls than me to go infantry. I salute you sir! Lol. I went further into the dark side by going Army in 09. Biggest mistake in my life! But I did get to experience South Korea lol. I was fortunate not to go to Afgan, but did go to Iraq and experienced getting mortored everyday in 130 degree temps, not fun!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got my balls than me to go infantry. I salute you sir! Lol. I went further into the dark side by going Army in 09. Biggest mistake in my life! But I did get to experience South Korea lol. I was fortunate not to go to Afgan, but did go to Iraq and experienced getting mortored everyday in 130 degree temps, not fun!

Afghanistan wasn't much different. Mortared and rocketed by those old 107mm rockets left over from the Soviet invasion. Those ass clowns wouldn't been able to hit the ground if it weren't for gravity. But then again, one lucky shot... Also, Afghanistan wasn't as hot. It only got to 120 degrees!

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya same for the hajjis near Joint Base Balad, they got lucky with one and knocked me out of my bed in deep sleep! Find out later the damn thing landed not to far from me! The rest were shot down before they landed lol.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol only 120 degrees. That mixed with wearing body armor, not a good combination! How you like them portajohns during that weather? :pound:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya same for the hajjis near Joint Base Balad, they got lucky with one and knocked me out of my bed in deep sleep! Find out later the damn thing landed not to far from me! The rest were shot down before they landed lol.

Yeah, we had a 107 land in the middle of our FOB and it was a dud. Another thing those F*** sticks liked to do was take their AKs and from a distance a few hundred meters away from our position they'd point them up into the air and "spray and pray." Bullets would rain on our position. With all the moon dust there you could see them land when the dust "splashed." One of our guys actually caught one on the kneecap. It tore through the tent and hit him right as he was getting out of the rack. The odds...That kind of thing is why I was always wary. The enemy wasn't necessarily very good at fighting, and they were definitely scared to take us on toe to toe, but they were capable of getting off a lucky shot from time to time. The rocket and mortar attacks were frequent enough that I slept through a few.

lol only 120 degrees. That mixed with wearing body armor, not a good combination! How you like them portajohns during that weather? :pound:

Those and the up-armor vehicles with no AC! Plus we had a minimal logistical capability. Our pos with nothing but dirt and Taliban when we arrived. Due to limited supply, we had just enough water to drink. From late June through early September I did not take a single shower. :gaah: We didn't have the water for it. Thankfully I anticipated this prior to deploying and brought a lot of baby wipes with me. We also didn't have cots or tents. I slept in a mosquito net on the ground the first few months. It was blazing hot, even at night and the wind would blow, kicking up a lot of dust. I'd be buried in it every morning, plus sweaty from the heat, so I was also muddy! Good times.

Oh, and I could talk all night about the Afghan National Army unit that moved in next door to us while we were there. And the fat-f*** colonel who "commanded" it. But we're off topic for now. Chargers suck!

Go Broncos!

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya good luck to your team! May they meet again in the AFC Title rematch. Where? TBD lol

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos 37, Chargers 17. It will be fun hurting San Diego wildcard hopes. It will be even more fun watching Phyllis Cry Me A Rivers whine and whine look a women as we CRUSH the Chargers.