• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russel Wilson

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one, but I am very concerned about Russel's throwing this season. His passes seem to be floating more this year. He just seems to be throwing inaccurately. I know there's been some protection issues this year, but it seems that it's worse when he has time to throw. He still can put the ball exactly where he wants it, but it just seems to happen too infrequently.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno let's see what happens this sunday.

Nice avatar lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the circumstances he's faced I'm not worried at all... We've been facing top defenses with O-line problems... He's made some GREAT throws out there and stepped up when needed...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one, but I am very concerned about Russel's throwing this season. His passes seem to be floating more this year. He just seems to be throwing inaccurately. I know there's been some protection issues this year, but it seems that it's worse when he has time to throw. He still can put the ball exactly where he wants it, but it just seems to happen too infrequently.

I made a post in the preseason about this. They changed his throwing release point in the offseason and I thought that was a mistake given how well he was throwing with his old one. The earlier release along with his working on velocity is the problem.

Why fix it if it wasn't broke?

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually just talking about this with a buddy of mine. Not to impressed with his passing so far this year. Yes, I know we had O line problems in Houston, but in my opinion he is not the same passer he was last year. Hence the reason our O has struggled so far.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB has definitly cost the team a couple games this season..... wait, this isn't the Giants forum? My bad! Relax, everyone. I sense the coach Carrol is the culprit of your observations, and valid ones at that. Remember when Wilson was handcuffed the first six (or so) games of the season? I just have this feeling that Russle is being coached to become a better pocket passer and not be a one dimensional bootlegger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about Russell Wilson throwing. Get the OL line right and receivers in sync and just watch him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high on the guy as you guys are, but so far he is 4-0.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread? Sure, although I gave him the credit he's due.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more of an issue with the receivers not getting open. They're getting absolutely no separation. Hopefully Harvin will loosen things up for everyone else but as it stands we have as big of a problem at the WR position as the 49ers do right now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high on the guy as you guys are, but so far he is 4-0.

Yes, tell us more about how great of a pure pocket passer RG3 is.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only been 4 games but I agree Wilson has looked sharper. I'm not gonna hit the panic button yet, considering Wilson's first game was against a very solid front seven in Carolina on the road at 10am, and he had two other games (at home) where the rain was pouring so hard at times that I saw animals being loaded into a large boat two at a time. Plus, not to beat the early start thing to death, but our last game was another 10am start and true to form no one on the team really got going until the second half, including Wilson.

I'm confident that he'll get rolling, although maybe not this week. The Colts are playing good defense and (of course)its yet another early, east coast game. The bright side: We will have 3 of our 5 early games done after this week.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, tell us more about how great of a pure pocket passer RG3 is.

He is. It isn't his fault he has no pocket or receivers.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. It isn't his fault he has no pocket or receivers.

No, he is not. He looks uncomfortable as hell dropping back and standing there. Plenty of times already this season we have seen him dropback and try to hit a timing route untouched and miss his receiver by 7 yards.

True pocket passers succeed behind almost any line because they are good before the snap and can read the field quickly. Not every pocket passer has some great line that keeps them clean, the QBs understanding of the defense and getting the ball out quickly is equally if not more important.

This is the oline that he has. Thats not going to change. So either he needs to prove it with this offense or he may not get another chance.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly looked off at times this year and there are some good reasons for that. Carolina, San Francisco and Houston all have good defenses that would put the clamps down on a lot of quarterbacks in this league. At the same time, our offensive line has been disappointingly sieve-like way too often, which doesn't always give Wilson enough time to make a good decision with the ball. On the other hand, I can't put all of this on the rest of the offense as Wilson has also been taking more chances with the ball than he did last year and while that can lead to more big plays, it can also lead to more mistakes.

I was happy to see him take off several times in the Houston game, not only because the alternative meant getting crushed, but because it makes this offense less predictable when defenses have to account for Wilson's ability to make plays with his legs. He has appeared reluctant to do as much of that this year as he did last year for some reason. Maybe he's being told to stay in the pocket more or maybe he's trying to prove to critics that he's not a "running" quarterback. Either way, I liked that he got himself out of some hairy situations last week and made some plays with his legs. With the way the offensive line has been playing this year, it would serve him well to do it more often.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is not. He looks uncomfortable as hell dropping back and standing there. Plenty of times already this season we have seen him dropback and try to hit a timing route untouched and miss his receiver by 7 yards.

True pocket passers succeed behind almost any line because they are good before the snap and can read the field quickly. Not every pocket passer has some great line that keeps them clean, the QBs understanding of the defense and getting the ball out quickly is equally if not more important.

This is the oline that he has. Thats not going to change. So either he needs to prove it with this offense or he may not get another chance.

Do we even have those routes in the playbook right now? Teams are stacking the line and I can't remember us hitting a slant since the Carolina game. For whatever reason we aren't attacking the center of the field and we need to. When we started doing it against Carolina things started clicking.