• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russel Wilson

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just going to go ahead and say this and i think a lot of seahawk fans maybe a little butt hurt about it because some people may have said stuff about it (including skip bayless) but our recievers are "ordinary" sidney rice is descent but sometimes it takes him all the way to the 3rd quarter to show up and sometimes he can get shut out. golden tate is just a playmaker he isnt going to takeover games with 10 catches 140 yards 2TDs type he is a hines ward type player a real grunt good blocker, makes key plays. Doug Baldwin is also another average reciever in my opinion. I really hope for percy harvin to get healthy because i dont like it when russell wilson has to buy time by running around to get his recievers extra time to get open every other play.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just going to go ahead and say this and i think a lot of seahawk fans maybe a little butt hurt about it because some people may have said stuff about it (including skip bayless) but our recievers are "ordinary" sidney rice is descent but sometimes it takes him all the way to the 3rd quarter to show up and sometimes he can get shut out. golden tate is just a playmaker he isnt going to takeover games with 10 catches 140 yards 2TDs type he is a hines ward type player a real grunt good blocker, makes key plays. Doug Baldwin is also another average reciever in my opinion. I really hope for percy harvin to get healthy because i dont like it when russell wilson has to buy time by running around to get his recievers extra time to get open every other play.

:agree: They need to get seperation and allow RW to throw the ball to them without getting killed first.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is. It isn't his fault he has no pocket or receivers.

And what was that you said yesterday about excuses being for losers?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No, he is not. He looks uncomfortable as hell dropping back and standing there. Plenty of times already this season we have seen him dropback and try to hit a timing route untouched and miss his receiver by 7 yards.

True pocket passers succeed behind almost any line because they are good before the snap and can read the field quickly. Not every pocket passer has some great line that keeps them clean, the QBs understanding of the defense and getting the ball out quickly is equally if not more important.

This is the oline that he has. Thats not going to change. So either he needs to prove it with this offense or he may not get another chance.

This has been my observation as well.

This is the one case where his height works against him because if you bottle him in the pocket and make a mess of his passing lanes he seems a little more hesitant to pull the trigger. He just does not look comfortable when he feels bottled in the pocket and I believe you're seeing more defenses try to trap him in the pocket and put a priority on that rather than just focus solely on getting to him for the sack. Of course as we saw in the Houston game if you execute it well it works but if you leave a crack he'll exploit it.

Part of the problem is O line because it's A) their job to give him clean passing lanes and B) defenses are getting enough pressure on him that's he's sped up his internal clock on when to start getting ready for defenders.

But as I said about Kaepernick in another thread and I'll say the same thing here is that these guys are still green at the position and are learning and going through some growing pains. If this is year 4 or 5 and he's still having the same issues you have a problem but for not it's a concern but not an issue.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was that you said yesterday about excuses being for losers?

He is playing pretty well. He doesn't need excuses.

But "the team sucks because they don't give by far the best player on their roster a hint of help" isn't the same as "my team is good but the schedule fucks them over".

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is playing pretty well. He doesn't need excuses.

But "the team sucks because they don't give by far the best player on their roster a hint of help" isn't the same as "my team is good but the schedule fucks them over".

Not the same? Sure

Still excuses though. Lots of pocket passers in the league dealing with shitty o-lines and performing better.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Tannehill
Andrew Luck

I dont know where you get this idea of every effective pocket passer having a great o-line. QBs just work with what they got and either sink or swim. Wilson's o-line was weak for the first 3 weeks and absolute shit the other day and he still does enough to make plays when they need it.

RG3 has got some nice garbage time stats this year, but he needs to be mobile in order to be effective and win now. Maybe after years of training he can become a pure pocket passer, but it's a joke to believe that he can do it now at the level that you have inferred he is capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill
Andrew Luck

I dont know where you get this idea of every effective pocket passer having a great o-line. QBs just work with what they got and either sink or swim. Wilson's o-line was weak for the first 3 weeks and absolute shit the other day and he still does enough to make plays when they need it.

RG3 has got some nice garbage time stats this year, but he needs to be mobile in order to be effective and win now. Maybe after years of training he can become a pure pocket passer, but it's a joke to believe that he can do it now at the level that you have inferred he is capable of.

Tannehill and Luck? Luck and Wilson pretty much have the same stats right now and Tannehill has 5 TD's to 5 picks. How is that doing better? Wilson needs better protection and receivers need to get open. And how is someone supposed to be a pocket passer when there's no pocket to sit in? He was running for his life all game on Sunday.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill
Andrew Luck

Luck is special. Tannehill hasn't been particularly impressive.

Also Wilson is not a pocket passer.

Tannehill and Luck? Luck and Wilson pretty much have the same stats right now and Tannehill has 5 TD's to 5 picks. How is that doing better? Wilson needs better protection and receivers need to get open. And how is someone supposed to be a pocket passer when there's no pocket to sit in? He was running for his life all game on Sunday.

We're not talking about your guy. Chill.

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next few games will really help to tell how concerned we should be with his throwing motion. CAR/SF/HOU games were all against good opponents where he needed to protect the ball. Both his picks in those three games came on third down, the deep ball/Tate falls down, and the Kearse throw where offense needed to do something with time running out. The overthrows seem more like he's trying to put the ball only where we can get it, and in situation where a turnover would be really stupid. You'll also notice the dysfunction has been more on throws to Sidney/Zach. Tate/Baldwin/Williams/Kearse have been pretty solid, and are the ones that had the training camp snaps.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chill? What exactly are you doing camping out here to begin with?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, neither has RG3 but at lest Tannehill is keeping his team competitive.

I never claimed that Wilson is a pocket passer. I believe that he can become one but right now he needs to utilize his legs in order to be successful. Just like RG3.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Tannehill
Andrew Luck

I was talking about RG3. JDM claimed that RIGHT NOW RG3 could be one of the premiere pocket passers in the NFL, I think he's being proven very wrong this season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill? What exactly are you doing camping out here to begin with?

Some of your fans aren't obnoxious and are worth talking to.

I never claimed that Wilson is a pocket passer. I believe that he can become one but right now he needs to utilize his legs in order to be successful. Just like RG3.

The only reason RG3 needs his legs at the moment is because he doesn't have the team around him to protect him and consistently get open without it. The Seahawks are better at every other offensive position (and defense). Griffin still would have beaten the Seahawks without the worst called game I have ever on the redskins part, shredding his knee to shit and not even giving him a shot down the stretch.

Also griffin has outplayed tannehill, even struggling with getting back to form.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your fans aren't obnoxious and are worth talking to.

The only reason RG3 needs his legs at the moment is because he doesn't have the team around him to protect him and consistently get open without it. The Seahawks are better at every other offensive position (and defense). Griffin still would have beaten the Seahawks without the worst called game I have ever on the redskins part, shredding his knee to shit and not even giving him a shot down the stretch.

Also griffin has outplayed tannehill, even struggling with getting back to form.

Griffin has padded his stats in garbage time. 4 of his 6 TD passes have come late in the 4th down by double digits against soft defenses.

And like I said before, this is the team that he has to work with. He's not going to NE and play in that offense. And even if he did, BB would be smart enough to see that he would NEED to utilize his running ability at this point in his career.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had one of the worst defenses ever that put games out of reach well before he had a chance to play much that wasn't garbage time. You can't jump start an entire offense with no help at all.

And no. In New England he would never once use a designed run outside of a QB sneak or very rare red zone draw.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had one of the worst defenses ever that put games out of reach well before he had a chance to play much that wasn't garbage time. You can't jump start an entire offense with no help at all.

And no. In New England he would never once use a designed run outside of a QB sneak or very rare red zone draw.

Doesn't need to be a designed run. He just needs to be able to move around. BB is no fool. He wouldn't put a square peg in a round hole.

And his lack of scoring puts them in holes too, not just defense. I said that 4 of his TDs have come in garbage time. that means 2 have come when they're actually competing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he let him use his legs when the play allowed it? Sure. Would there be concern if the other team contained that? Not at all.

Like I said, when you have one receiver, a solid running back, and no line, it's hard to put up points.