• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews did really well yesterday. He looked like a giant at 6'4" 225 around even the biggest CBs like Rowe.

Are you at camp again this year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Lie to me. :hellno:

I'm Belichick's mother. 8^)

No I'm not at camp this year. My wife finally retired and I have a ton of free time and have the TV in my office on to NBCSB all day. When new film clips are shown, I see them immediately and listen carefully to who's being discussed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are rumored to be very interest in Dontrelle Inman. Played for the Bears then the Chargers. He's 6'3" 205. He's 26.

Also rumors buzzing that the Patriots are in very serious trade talks for a WR. I hate it when I hear this kind of rumor that doesn't give anything more. No name, no team. If the media, especially NBCSB, has something, then they must know more and at least know the team that's being targeted. I figure it'll be for draft picks, not players.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of the rumor has leaked, but very little. First, Shaq Mason will be demanding a payday in the same neighborhood as Nate Solder. We all know that Bill ain't gonna pay that kind of money to a guard.

The Cowboys are trying to find a way to put something together that will land Earl Thomas fo the seahawks in Dallas. Hence the WR that is in this rumor is Terrance Williams. No one has said what the components are in this rumor but Mason, Williams and Thomas are all part of it. Absolutely nothing has been said about a three way trade, only that Williams would be a piece that New England ""MIGHT"" get.

This may be a total pipe dream. I'm still trying to figure out how any of these pieces might fit together. I'm not even sure if it would be Shaq to Seattle, Thomas to New England, Williams to New England and Thomas to the Cowboys. Isiah Wynn to RG. Does that make any kind of sense at all???

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network is just reporting that the Seahawks have just signed a former Seahawk OG Sweezy. I would venture to say that the rumor is now moot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is out......Eric Decker will be cut, possibly by Wednesday. No separation, dead hands.

Word is out......John Elway and Bill Belichick have been talking. Rumor is that JE wants to get rid of Damaryius Thomas and BB is interested. JE knows that the patriots have a thin WR corps and is trying to get a 3rd round pick.BB is not going to give a 3rd rounder for a $8.5M salary that JE wants to get rid of. He's supposedly has offered a 6th.

Word is out that......... BB is willing to work out any available WR with NFL experience who does not have a recent injuryand will not workout anyone with any kind of knee injury.

Word is out that...........BB is no longer interested in Dez Bryant. Any player who doesn't know what he wants to do two weeks before the season starts is not interested in playing football.

Word is out..................

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is out......Eric Decker will be cut, possibly by Wednesday. No separation, dead hands.

Word is out......John Elway and Bill Belichick have been talking. Rumor is that JE wants to get rid of Damaryius Thomas and BB is interested. JE knows that the patriots have a thin WR corps and is trying to get a 3rd round pick.BB is not going to give a 3rd rounder for a $8.5M salary that JE wants to get rid of. He's supposedly has offered a 6th.

Word is out that......... BB is willing to work out any available WR with NFL experience who does not have a recent injuryand will not workout anyone with any kind of knee injury.

Word is out that...........BB is no longer interested in Dez Bryant. Any player who doesn't know what he wants to do two weeks before the season starts is not interested in playing football.

Word is out..................
:think:
Too bad I was really hoping Decker could find some of that old magic?
Depending on what else shakes out I would give up a 4th for Thomas. I believe he has another year on his contract. If it ends this year I'd offer a 5th and the salary.
Poor Dez:wave:

There may be a silver lining in all of this? If BB stops taking injured players it could be a win?

Word:nutswing:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out today is that the Cardinals and the Patriots are in serious discussions about CB Patrick Peterson. The biggest question is how the Patriots can find a way to fit Peterson's $16M cap hit under the Patriots cap which has approx. $5.2M available. There's talk of cuts and redoing contracts. D. McCourty and his $9.5M contract along with Duron Harmon and couple of other guys and they could make the space. Cut a couple of guys and sign a couple of PS guys to the 53 man roster and things start to smooth out. I'm sure that BB has already figured out what he's going to do and the players who will be involved have already agreed to something.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may closer than reported. TyheSaints anhd eagles were the other two teams that were interested in trading for Peterson but the Saints just closed a trade wityh the NYG for Eli Apple which pretty much takes them out of thye Peterson talks. That leaves the Eagles and Pats and the cards are not going to trade Peterson in their own conference if they can make a decent trade with the Patriots..........more to come??

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't require much maneuvering, really...Peterson's base salary is only $11MM so they'd only be on the hook for the remainder of that which isn't much more than the $5MM and change they currently have. Send out Rowe and Dorsett and you'd probably be all set.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't require much maneuvering, really...Peterson's base salary is only $11MM so they'd only be on the hook for the remainder of that which isn't much more than the $5MM and change they currently have. Send out Rowe and Dorsett and you'd probably be all set.

I think they were talking about the $16M cap hit for the next two years. You're correct about the remaining $10-$11M for this year.

But he would make one hell of a difference for this secondary.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His salaries are very palatable and they should have more than enough space. 19 and 20 shouldn’t even be a consideration

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bryant mcfadden, who is friends with patrick peterson, reported on pittsburgh radio today the two major players at this moment are the pats and eagles..........saints were front runners but are out after getting apple

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bryant mcfadden, who is friends with patrick peterson, reported on pittsburgh radio today the two major players at this moment are the pats and eagles..........saints were front runners but are out after getting apple

The Steelers were interested but they don't want to sacrafice any draft picks.

From all reports, the Patriots may have as many as 3 Compensatory 3rd Round picks this year for Solder, Butler and Lewis. One reortin Boston said that the Patriots were willing to give up third round pick and possibly Johnathan Jones, but that has pretty much been debunked. I can see the patriots giving the Caqrds Jones but not 3rd Round pick with him. Maybe Joines and a 5th. The Cardinals are not dealing from a point of strength

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree that just because Peterson requested a trade means the Cards are dealing from a position of weakness and have to take pesos on the dollar. Jones and a 5 is an absurdly lowball offer. Hell, Jones and a 3 is an absurdly lowball offer for an elite 28 year old cover corner under contract at reasonable dollars for 2 more years after this. Steve Keim might be an idiot, but I don't think he's that big an idiot.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see it happen.

But I am not holding my breath.

But, man it would be awesome.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree that just because Peterson requested a trade means the Cards are dealing from a position of weakness and have to take pesos on the dollar. Jones and a 5 is an absurdly lowball offer. Hell, Jones and a 3 is an absurdly lowball offer for an elite 28 year old cover corner under contract at reasonable dollars for 2 more years after this. Steve Keim might be an idiot, but I don't think he's that big an idiot.

I'm just reporting what's being discussed on the radio over the twenty or so minutes that I'm hearing the morning news.

Any time a player screams "trade me" or a team offers a player, the value of that player will drop because the team that has to trade him is pretty much saying that they have a problem that they 'need' to get rid of. Peterson is a top notch CB and if the Cardinals were looking to move him before the deadline quietly behnd the scenes, he'd have much more value than he does now after making a public announcement for the entire world to hear. Under normal circumstances he'd easily get at least a second round pick. But other teams are also saying that he's 28 years old and a bitcher and what if he doesn't like the team he's traded to? Especially if that team doesn't honestly have a shot of getting into the playoffs. The Eagles may want him, but he might not want to go to the Eagles. The Redskins and Cowboys are in front of the Eagles and they don't have a cakewalk schedule. They could easily lose three more games and not even be in the WC. The Saints or Patriots would make much more sense but the Cardinals may not want to deal him in the NFC and possibly have to face him every year or so.

Right now, it's a 'Buyers' market, not a 'Sellers'.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's multiple suitors, that sounds like a seller's market to me. If none of them wants to pay a fair price, they'd be dumb to trade him. Just because he asked for a trade doesn't mean they have to accommodate him...he has a contract for two years beyond this one and if he wants the money he'll play for them. Else he can sit home and get squadoosh like Le'Veon.