• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks hadn't seen this.
Not sure it really clears anything up? Vareen says he doesn't know? But knows it wasn't party related???
I admittedly did lose interest once the writer called Malcolm a "top-flight cornerback".
Seems very clear that the only obnes that know are Bill (and staff?) and Butler, but Butler has maintained that he does not know!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the result of being drunk? It's called a hangover. With modern meds and technology, even the worst hangover can be overcome. Bill could have sat him for the first half and tested him at when they came out for the second half. The patriots could not cover Agohlor the entire game. Not saying that Butler would have shut him down, but after sitting the first half, he might have been pissed off enough to maybe pick off or defend a couple of the catches NA made in the second half. Butler was not great, but he was better than what was on the field. If you don't believe tht, then you don't believe that BB knew what he was doing because Butler started 18 games before the Super Bowl.

That and maybe, just maybe he would have covered Foles on his TD catch that no one else did.
Who said hangover? The reports believe them or not said he was still drunk or high when he arrived.

Yes any trainer could've pumped him full of saline and put him on O2 to fight the effects. I've even done that.

But let's not kid ourselve's Malcolm was playing because he was the best of the worst. The guy continually got beat, continually.

As for covering Foles very doubtful unless BB coached him up on it 5x like he did the goal line play.

His actions alone during SB week reflects just how young dumb he is/was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems very clear that the only obnes that know are Bill (and staff?) and Butler, but Butler has maintained that he does not know!
Butler wants to keep living the gravy train. If he says whatever it was his career is likely finished or at least any new contract will see a huge dent and not just from his bad play.

Whatever it was BB made the choice not to play him. This wasn't a j-walking violation. Butler screwed up. Was it a combination of things? Probably.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the result of being drunk? It's called a hangover. With modern meds and technology, even the worst hangover can be overcome. Bill could have sat him for the first half and tested him at when they came out for the second half. The patriots could not cover Agohlor the entire game. Not saying that Butler would have shut him down, but after sitting the first half, he might have been pissed off enough to maybe pick off or defend a couple of the catches NA made in the second half. Butler was not great, but he was better than what was on the field. If you don't believe tht, then you don't believe that BB knew what he was doing because Butler started 18 games before the Super Bowl.

That and maybe, just maybe he would have covered Foles on his TD catch that no one else did.
So the rumors were he was late for meetings, missed the timeline to be back at the hotel, showed up drunk all of which are reason enough to bench his ass for the entire game. All of the aforementioned reasons are detrimental to the team. And the only thing that really works for hangovers are water lots and lots of water. I am of the opinion it's a coaches call, not the media's, not the fans, not the players, a coaches call. If BB felt benching would send an echoing message for years to come I support that call.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Stephen A does not know. Loud mouthed son of a whore, I can't stand that dude

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooxygen helps too. The absolute best way to get rid of a hangover is to drink less the night before!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The result of drinking is being drunk.
Drink WAY too much and that still drunk effect lasts a lot longer before the hangover can be mitigated m=by modern meds.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rumors were he was late for meetings, missed the timeline to be back at the hotel, showed up drunk all of which are reason enough to bench his ass for the entire game. All of the aforementioned reasons are detrimental to the team. And the only thing that really works for hangovers are water lots and lots of water. I am of the opinion it's a coaches call, not the media's, not the fans, not the players, a coaches call. If BB felt benching would send an echoing message for years to come I support that call.

If these are the reasons (and I really can't see how they weren't) then clearly a message needed to be sent that this was not acceptable and that BB doesn't care how important a game is, if you break rules there are consequences

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarnecchia
"I honestly don’t know,” the veteran coach said Saturday. “Now, I will tell you the truth. I honestly don’t know. I didn’t hear anything about it prior. Didn’t even know he didn’t start until we were out there. I’m worried about the line so I’m not worried about who’s starting at corner until it gets postgame and I’m thinking, ‘damn, I wonder why we didn’t do that. I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

It’s either one heck of an acting job or Scarnecchia legitimately had no clue."

Butler:
"During Super Bowl week, I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated any of the ridiculous activities being reported,” he wrote. “They are not only false, but hurtful, to me and my family.”

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarnecchia
"I honestly don’t know,” the veteran coach said Saturday. “Now, I will tell you the truth. I honestly don’t know. I didn’t hear anything about it prior. Didn’t even know he didn’t start until we were out there. I’m worried about the line so I’m not worried about who’s starting at corner until it gets postgame and I’m thinking, ‘damn, I wonder why we didn’t do that. I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

It’s either one heck of an acting job or Scarnecchia legitimately had no clue."

Butler:
"During Super Bowl week, I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated any of the ridiculous activities being reported,” he wrote. “They are not only false, but hurtful, to me and my family.”
Yeah well, I have no issues believing Butler would lie to protect his image, and highly doubt BB would bench him for no damn reason. His comments don't add up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well, I have no issues believing Butler would lie to protect his image, and highly doubt BB would bench him for no damn reason. His comments don't add up.
My post is not to disagree. My post is to shed light on the fact that the reporters were reporting conjecture.
They do this all the time when Belichick is not talking. They know he won't defende himself.

So, We don't know!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post is not to disagree. My post is to shed light on the fact that the reporters were reporting conjecture.
They do this all the time when Belichick is not talking. They know he won't defende himself.

So, We don't know!
I agree we don't know, and I think we agree BB would not do this if there weren't just cause. I agree reporters make crap up and I agree some what they print is true. In the end BB felt justified in his decision which leaves me to believe Butler did something messed up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we don't know, and I think we agree BB would not do this if there weren't just cause. I agree reporters make crap up and I agree some what they print is true. In the end BB felt justified in his decision which leaves me to believe Butler did something messed up.
Belichick has often had a chance to not "out" a player he respects.
Belichick has kept up his part and so has Butler.
Fucking "reporters"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has often had a chance to not "out" a player he respects.
Belichick has kept up his part and so has Butler.
Fucking "reporters"
Yepp Reporters. Hate them for the most part