• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have sat butler for the first half and then put him in. Sitting your starting CB for an entire game might have sent a signal but denied the team a ring. "I'll show him who the boss is on this team. I'll prove it by flushing the Lombardi down the shitter.

I'm sorry but Butler was not all that good to begin with. One splash SB play and he's tagged the next Ty Law. Sorry that less would not have been any different had Butler played.

And BB made it clear to the organization for many years to come, " You are not bigger than the team "!
Bill wasn't showing Butler anything. He was showing the entire team that consequences exist. While Butler may have been an answer that just might have been enough to win that game, there were other things that played out too. As I stated earlier, failure of the team to execute key plays, including TB dropping a gadget play pass, were the real reason why they lost.

Did the dike burst because the kid took his finger out of the hole or because the dike was flawed in the first place?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinks that Mac Jones is the next coming. People forget that he's not even 6'3", he 6'2 3/8" and he doesn't have the speed to get out of the pocket. We know Cam is almost 6'6" and can run like horse but can't throw for shit. Yet Stidham played for a half a game against a team that was 14-2 and was overwhelmed and never got another play. We know from the preseason that he can throw and he can run and he's 6'4 1/2".

Since the popular opinion is that he sucks, why not just cut him and not waste anymore time? If I was Stidham, I'd be making a public stink and demanding to be traded or released. Patriots have their quarterbacks, why prevent him from finding a new team before training camp?

Fear. My guess is that Josh knows he's going to be better than good. He's a late bloomer and once he finds an offense that he can play in, he'll haunt the Patriots until he retires....................just my opinion.
Fran Tarkinton, 6-0
Drew Brees, 6-0
Len Dawson, 6-0
Doug Flutie, 5-10
Joe Theismann, 6-0
Michael Vick, 6-0

None of which are even 6'3"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He made an unwavering decision he felt was in the best interest of the team. When you allow someone to break team rules, then play, the undermining effects can be felt for a long time.

Personally, I think the Blount fumble had more impact in that game.
Did he not fumble in the Falcons game and then play for the Eagles the next year?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fran Tarkinton, 6-0
Drew Brees, 6-0
Len Dawson, 6-0
Doug Flutie, 5-10
Joe Theismann, 6-0
Michael Vick, 6-0

None of which are even 6'3"
To BK's point, four of these guys are among the best running QBs in NFL history.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was deserved. I think BB thought that if the team won another SB at that point it might indicate a lack of balance within the NFL and deter fans from staying interest. He sat Butler for the good of the game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting watch bit is very flawed. First, Kraft didn't choose Brady over BB. He chose Brady over Garoppollo. Second, history has proven BB was not trying to dismantle the team since it already seems in better shape than last year with BB STILL there and Josh McD still there...

But the biggest flaw is referring to Butler as "the team's best defensive playmaker". Plenty here were saying it then and have been saying it since. Butler wasn't even close to the overachieving underdog player that earned him a spot on the team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Brady is 6'4" and cannot run at all.
Mac is 6'2" or 6'3" and is much faster than Brady.
I was only pointing out that BK had already stated certain smaller QBs could be successful if they were runners. I wasn't validating the actual claim. I don't think Mac's size is an issue at all and I believe his running skills will benefit from his ability to slow the opponent down, as did Brady. Brady still has Brian Urlacher's jock in his trophy case.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting watch bit is very flawed. First, Kraft didn't choose Brady over BB. He chose Brady over Garoppollo. Second, history has proven BB was not trying to dismantle the team since it already seems in better shape than last year with BB STILL there and Josh McD still there...

But the biggest flaw is referring to Butler as "the team's best defensive playmaker". Plenty here were saying it then and have been saying it since. Butler wasn't even close to the overachieving underdog player that earned him a spot on the team.
I viewed it as satire.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have sat butler for the first half and then put him in. Sitting your starting CB for an entire game might have sent a signal but denied the team a ring. "I'll show him who the boss is on this team. I'll prove it by flushing the Lombardi down the shitter.
Nobody knows what happened and unless Bill mentioned it to you when you were talking ergonomics, you don't know either.
Therefore, you cannot say what he showed, denied, or flushed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what happened and unless Bill mentioned it to you when you were talking ergonomics, you don't know either.
Therefore, you cannot say what he showed, denied, or flushed.
Butler was in high school when I was doing doing my time in Foxboro.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler made a big play for us.
In 2017 he couldn't cover. We let him go and won another Superbowl 13-3. 3 points - 3.
That was one hell of a defensive effort - without Butler.
Great minds...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this being overlooked? Perhaps because it was only a rumor? Butler was not only late/missed curfew it was rumored he was still drunk/high when he did arrive. It was also rumored IIRC he didn't look good in warm ups. Could be another reason he sat the entire game?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this being overlooked? Perhaps because it was only a rumor? Butler was not only late/missed curfew it was rumored he was still drunk/high when he did arrive. It was also rumored IIRC he didn't look good in warm ups. Could be another reason he sat the entire game?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the result of being drunk? It's called a hangover. With modern meds and technology, even the worst hangover can be overcome. Bill could have sat him for the first half and tested him at when they came out for the second half. The patriots could not cover Agohlor the entire game. Not saying that Butler would have shut him down, but after sitting the first half, he might have been pissed off enough to maybe pick off or defend a couple of the catches NA made in the second half. Butler was not great, but he was better than what was on the field. If you don't believe tht, then you don't believe that BB knew what he was doing because Butler started 18 games before the Super Bowl.

That and maybe, just maybe he would have covered Foles on his TD catch that no one else did.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the result of being drunk? It's called a hangover. With modern meds and technology, even the worst hangover can be overcome. Bill could have sat him for the first half and tested him at when they came out for the second half. The patriots could not cover Agohlor the entire game. Not saying that Butler would have shut him down, but after sitting the first half, he might have been pissed off enough to maybe pick off or defend a couple of the catches NA made in the second half. Butler was not great, but he was better than what was on the field. If you don't believe tht, then you don't believe that BB knew what he was doing because Butler started 18 games before the Super Bowl.

That and maybe, just maybe he would have covered Foles on his TD catch that no one else did.
I'm really surprised at you Ken. You being the "safety guy" surprise me.
As a safety guy, I have sent many a guy home that shows with a hangover.
I have ordered the contractor to have someone drive him home. Zero tolerance!
In my own business, I never let a guy do anything with a hangover.

We don't know that Butler had a hangover so conjecture is the name of the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks hadn't seen this.
Not sure it really clears anything up? Vareen says he doesn't know? But knows it wasn't party related???
I admittedly did lose interest once the writer called Malcolm a "top-flight cornerback".