• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rubin- DT signing

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that we signed Rubin from Cleveland a month ago or so, but I have not heard anyone anywhere (less the quote below) provide any information on this. I didn't even find anything on Fieldgulls! Does anyone have any comments/opinions on this signing?

He is a run-stuffing DT. Could this spell the end of Mebane (I hope not)? Or his he a rotation signing? Exactly how good is this guy?

"Seahawks sign NT Ahtyba Rubin (1 year, $3.1M; $1M bonus): A- Grade
The Seahawks made a value signing by buying low on a player? You don't say! Ahtyba Rubin struggled mightily in 2014, but that may have been because of an ankle injury that hindered him early in the season and caused him to miss several games. He showed signs of improving late in the year, performing like he did the previous season when he was a monstrous run-stuffer for the Browns.
Rubin is a strong addition on a 1-year "prove it" deal. He'll be working hard to redeem himself so he can cash in with a bigger contract next spring, so it's safe to assume that Seattle's run defense will be strong in 2015."

*Note: I mentioned the same in the FA thread but no one responded so I thought that I would give it it's own thread.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a pretty good signing to me. How many DL's do we have in our rotation now? And how much do we have left in cap space?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D line rotation was one of the reasons we pressured QB's so much in 2013... We definitely took a hit in that area as the year progressed with injuries and with the loss of a couple key guy's in free agency... I like this pick-up, hopefully he can contribute big time...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know much about the guy other than he was a productive run stuffer who had an off year last year due to injury.

$3.2 million isn't chump change for a "prove it" deal so they obviously value this guy. I hope that he can fill in the "Red Bryant" role on the D which would allow Bennett to move away from the inside a bit more.

I am curious what this means to the existing players. I would hate to see Mebane go as I have enjoyed watching his play for years now but maybe it is time. Also wonder if

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here watched Rubin play much? I am guessing not since watching the Browns isn't a favorite destination even for some Browns' fans!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen him play that I recall, but if he can eat up some space and keep a blocker off Wagner then he'll be value added. Need a good role player DT like Chuck Darby from several years back.