• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals take the series from the Tigers, again

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you're turning into MiamiVice....makeup a claim without knowing whether it's true or not, and try to get someone else to do the work, knowing that it'll take a lot of work where one won't bother putting in the time to prove you're wrong.

Not trolling at all.

seriously...I will do the work..not afraid of work....just to prove that JacKKKKson isn't a great leadoff hitter...it won't be hard to do.

its not just JacKKKson...for some reason its more acceptable in MLB now to have strikeout guys leading off...its actually more of a trend...as long as they get some walks once in a while...but its that 1st at bat that sells teams on who will be leading off.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to NOT see you Cleaves...guess you want to follow me around now...lol...I see why your like your brother.

To respond to your posts that I can't see....yes, the Tigers are the greatest team in the history of the majors...I can't believe I doubted it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Peralta's just a complimentary piece, not a core guy. Same with Iglesias.

Without the strong complimentary additions DD wouldn't have Detroit in the drivers seat of the Central for te third straight year.(and somewhere in midst of their competitive window) Fister, Infante, Peralta, Iggy, Torii, Benoit, Polanco, Guillen.... All major contributors now, or in past playoff runs. (None expensive, aside from Hunter) Even less than complimentary reserve utility guys like Don Kelly and Ramon Santiago have stepped up when called upon enough to keep the Tigs in first this summer. (Four game sweep in Cleveland without Miggy)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you're turning into MiamiVice....makeup a claim without knowing whether it's true or not, and try to get someone else to do the work, knowing that it'll take a lot of work where one won't bother putting in the time to prove you're wrong.

Not trolling at all.

He is 100 times worse than me... You are seeing the tip of the iceberg... I am sure in a few days you will put him on ignore... watch...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

now this is cool....Cleaves posted and I can't read it....now this is cool.

???????? Whats that mean?????? If you couldnt read it, how did you know i posted?

What are you like 12?

Am i on fake ignore?

Enjoy your wins vs the tigers....still got 3 in detroit left.....should of played better vs the rest.....then maybe kc might of broke that playoff drought.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only stat that matters for leadoff hitters is on base percentage... flat out.. it doesn't matter if they k or hit a pop out.. or ground out...there is no runner to move up on the first at bat of the game... the leadoff hitter has to get on base.. and jackson does... I am not a huge fan of jackson.. but he is at worst... average... and has shown he can be well above average...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to NOT see you Cleaves...guess you want to follow me around now...lol...I see why your like your brother.

To respond to your posts that I can't see....yes, the Tigers are the greatest team in the history of the majors...I can't believe I doubted it.

Follow around? This thread is about the tigers.....how is that following you around?

Now if im on the dodgers page.....that is your favorite team right....then id be following you...

Funny you keep seeing when i post....like i really believe youre not reading my post.....omg you got me....you have waaaaay too much time.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is honestly a really, really terrible post with just about nothing of
value contained in its bazillion paragraphs.

Smarther, you just described 95% of bums' posts.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Tigers problems begin and end with Jim Leyland.

they have underachieved EVERY year with this old buzzard despite him having great talent to work with.

he is a terrible manager.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest pet peeves(since he has curbed his strikeouts somewhat) with Jackson are his poor base running abilities (its hard to understand whats going thru his head from time to time) and his moderate arm, along with a refusal to dive. (Which Im also partly a fan of, it's a paradox). He's very fast, gets on base at a solid clip, and the team is better when he's in the lineup and on the field. Not my favorite Tiger by any means, but a Valueable player for sure. Possibly one who's value is appreciated more by fans across the league than by his own.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???????? Whats that mean?????? If you couldnt read it, how did you know i posted?

What are you like 12?

Am i on fake ignore?

Enjoy your wins vs the tigers....still got 3 in detroit left.....should of played better vs the rest.....then maybe kc might of broke that playoff drought.

This thread's subject is proof that Royals fans consider beating the Tigers their world series... Its sad... The goals that are set in KC yearly

1) Beat the Tigers in the season series
2) Be over .500
3) Draft another cool prospect that will probably bust

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Tigers problems begin and end with Jim Leyland.

they have underachieved EVERY year with this old buzzard despite him having great talent to work with.

he is a terrible manager.

Agreed. Look no further than his lineup construction.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team playoff bound who would claim..

Coke
AA
Kelly
Santiago
Worth

Cherry-picker extroardinaire. I could pick 5 borderline guys from EVERY PLAYOFF-BOUND TEAM that the Tigers wouldn't want. And Worth is not even on the 25-man roster. He got called up Sept. 1 when the rosters expanded.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest pet peeves(since he has curbed his strikeouts somewhat) with Jackson are his poor base running abilities (its hard to understand whats going thru his head from time to time) and his moderate arm, along with a refusal to dive. (Which Im also partly a fan of, it's a paradox). He's very fast, gets on base at a solid clip, and the team is better when he's in the lineup and on the field. Not my favorite Tiger by any means, but a Valueable player for sure. Possibly one who's value is appreciated more by fans across the league than by his own.

:agree:

He is a good piece to the roster. The Tigers are better when he plays... His defense is top notch... But there are better lead off hitters in the MLB, and when the time comes, I don't think the Tigers should open the wallet... there are plenty of young kids that can play defense in CF that can be drafted and developed in the next few seasons until Jackson becomes expensive...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no issue with Leylands lineups... That is probably the dumbest complaint Tigers fans have against Leyland. Every lineup could be tinkered with, but I don't see their lineup holding them back from winning very often... Now his use of bullpen and allowing starters to stay in to long... I will agree with you on that.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some believe he pulls names out of a hat for the batting order.....lately hes been better.....the days of raturd batting 3rd are gone. I do believe he had don kelly batting 3rd once this year...

Leylands problem is his decision making with the bullpen....he loves phil coke....he always would throw valverde out there in a non save situation, where history showed valverde was horrible in those situations....well in save situations in the end also.

Hes also very loyal to the vets.....santiago????

Plus as smitty likes to notice.....he loves stuffing his face in the post game interview

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry-picker extroardinaire. I could pick 5 borderline guys from EVERY PLAYOFF-BOUND TEAM that the Tigers wouldn't want. And Worth is not even on the 25-man roster. He got called up Sept. 1 when the rosters expanded.

All he does is cherry pick stats

Carlos pena? Chris getz? That pitcher with the mullet? Um mendoza i think his name is.....who would want those bums? Im sure i could find more, but those were off the top of my head....im sure with the call ups, the royals have alot of bums up.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some believe he pulls names out of a hat for the batting order.....lately hes been better.....the days of raturd batting 3rd are gone. I do believe he had don kelly batting 3rd once this year...

Leylands problem is his decision making with the bullpen....he loves phil coke....he always would throw valverde out there in a non save situation, where history showed valverde was horrible in those situations....well in save situations in the end also.

Hes also very loyal to the vets.....santiago????

Plus as smitty likes to notice.....he loves stuffing his face in the post game interview

it hasn't been an issue this year (as far as I can tell). Hunter's been good in the #2 spot. Last year, he had Berry and Boesch batting 2nd.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with Leylands lineups... That is probably the dumbest complaint Tigers fans have against Leyland. Every lineup could be tinkered with, but I don't see their lineup holding them back from winning very often... Now his use of bullpen and allowing starters to stay in to long... I will agree with you on that.

He batted ryan raburn THIRD!!!!!!!!

THIRD!!!!!

MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!

MORE THAN TWICE!!!!

Had boesch in the 2 hole ......kelly batting 3rd......cmon man....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it hasn't been an issue this year (as far as I can tell). Hunter's been good in the #2 spot. Last year, he had Berry and Boesch batting 2nd.

Haha i just posted that about boesch too