• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals take the series from the Tigers, again

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
improving? yes from 180 ks to what 130 to 140...still not good for a leadoff guy...and his SB success rate, if you call it that, is getting worse...

3 k to 1 walk ratio...so De Aza is a good leadoff hitter to then with his numbers, Stubbs and Fowler also...feel free to show me some historically good leadoff hitter with Jackkkksons...strikeout numbers as well as his sb numbers, heck all of his numbers..

Guess Tori Hunter was a great CF in his prime, maybe HOFer, if Jackson's numbers are what constitutes good.

A .347 OBP and .421 SLG% from the leadoff spot is good.

Grady Sizemore struck out a bunch as a leadoff hitter. I guess he sucked.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, How do you troll your OWN thread, lol....are you sure you aren't just trolling..? is this candid camera?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A .347 OBP and .421 SLG% from the leadoff spot is good.

Grady Sizemore struck out a bunch as a leadoff hitter. I guess he sucked.

Jackson isn't a great leadoff hitter people...he is the best the Tigers have for the position.....if any of you tell me he will go down as one the top leadoff hitters, I quit....he is AVERAGE at best.....look at leadoff hitters in the last 20 years...go back further if you so need to...most of them are better than JacKKKKson.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson isn't a great leadoff hitter people...he is the best the Tigers have for the position.....if any of you tell me he will go down as one the top leadoff hitters, I quit....he is AVERAGE at best.....look at leadoff hitters in the last 20 years...go back further if you so need to...most of them are better than JacKKKKson.

I'm not calling him a great leadoff hitter. But he's doing a pretty good job at it.

League average for #1 batters:
.266/.329/.391

His OBP is 18 points above the league average and his SLG% is 30 points higher. That's not "average at best."

I never said he was a top leadoff hitter.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, How do you troll your OWN thread, lol....are you sure you aren't just trolling..? is this candid camera?

So because you made this thread, you aren't trolling? That makes no sense at all.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling him a great leadoff hitter. But he's doing a pretty good job at it.

League average for #1 batters:
.266/.329/.391

His OBP is 18 points above the league average and his SLG% is 30 points higher. That's not "average at best."

I never said he was a top leadoff hitter.

Last year he was certainly a top 5, if not top 3 leadoff hitter....this year he's fallen a bit, but certainly above average.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Define "most?"

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, look back at just posts on this thread....it was stated Jackson's defense was a viable reason...forget it...

and if you really want to assess it....lets really look at the actual numbers.....Gordon vs Jackson OPS in only the 1st at bat of the game...if you really want...because after that...Jackson's worse SB percentage...Jackson's less power and Jackson's K rate goes into full effect.....the leadoff hitter is only that for 1 ab a game..

Name calling? noticing a pattern of name calling, thats a way to sell your viewpoint...I said this, your a this, lol....guess you win, you called me more names..
Where was it said that Jackson's defense was part of the leadoff equation? I'm sure the person who mentioned his defense was simply rebutting your suggestion that he's not a quality player based on his strikeouts. They weren't including his defense into the analysis of his abilities as a leadoff hitter. But I wouldn't expect you to grasp that.

As for your "analysis" of leadoff hitters, yes, they are only guaranteed to lead off once in a game. But that hardly matters in the grand scheme of constructing a lineup. You still want athletic, high-OBP guys batting in front of your best hitters, so you're still going to want a guy like Jackson hitting in front of Cabrera and Fielder. So way to go with that. Not to mention, Jackson and Gordon's slugging percentages are basically identical over the last couple years.

I'm not calling you names, just making basic rational observations about your intellectual value of your posts. Am I supposed to ignore that your posts contain little rational thought and the structure of an 11-year-old immigrant who is new to the English language? Sorry that I call 'em like I see 'em. Maybe you should try and actually make a passable argument if you don't want your shit getting blown to shreds.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

By his logic, the Tigers "clock" restarted in 2010 when they made the Granderson-Jackson-Scherzer trade. That restarted their clock. So they can expect the current core to last until around 2016-2017. That is- of course- assuming they don't retool before then, or something catastrophic doesn't happen (like a career-ending injury to Cabrera, or a complete decline from Verlander once his salary jumps up to $28M annually after next season).

I assume that clock will be restarted again, somewhat, this offseason. After Peraltas juicing suspension became imminent, Iggy was brought in, greatly changing the infield and the lineup. Not a ground shaking move,(much like when Jhonny himself was brought in from Cleveland several summers ago) but one that set up the Tigers with a defensive mainstay, at one of the most important positions, for years to come. If its going to be Jackson, or Scherzer, or Porcello, or Castellanos, or Smyly, or another player that currently seems unmoveable, or a cornerstone, idk. But DD has shown a willingness to deal and an eye to the future in the past. And Mr. I is willing to spend, just as he did with the Wings prior to the NHL cap. Windows closing didn't halt the Tigers when Kenny Rogers got old, or Maggs, or Carlos Guillen, or when Polanco moved on or when Zumaya blew an elbow or when Granderson or Joyce was dealt, and then Jackson too. It's been an ever changing roster for years, and to me, that's been as important as the two or three big names at a time that have been here.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "most?"

Feel free to list the top 50 leadoff hitters in the last 10 years....let me know when you get to JacKKKson...

If JacKKKson was a top 3 last year, then Alex Gordon was tied with him...at worst 4th.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you go look at other leadoff hitters throughout the league. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

No one has once even moderately suggested that "he will go down as one of the top leadoff hitters". He's just one of the better ones right now, in 2013.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that clock will be restarted again, somewhat, this offseason. After Peraltas juicing suspension became imminent, Iggy was brought in, greatly changing the infield and the lineup. Not a ground shaking move,(much like when Jhonny himself was brought in from Cleveland several summers ago) but one that set up the Tigers with a defensive mainstay, at one of the most important positions, for years to come. If its going to be Jackson, or Scherzer, or Porcello, or Castellanos, or Smyly, or another player that currently seems unmoveable, or a cornerstone, idk. But DD has shown a willingness to deal and an eye to the future in the past. And Mr. I is willing to spend, just as he did with the Wings prior to the NHL cap. Windows closing didn't halt the Tigers when Kenny Rogers got old, or Maggs, or Carlos Guillen, or when Polanco moved on or when Zumaya blew an elbow or when Granderson or Joyce was dealt, and then Jackson too. It's been an ever changing roster for years, and to me, that's been as important as the two or three big names at a time that have been here.
Nah. Peralta's just a complimentary piece, not a core guy. Same with Iglesias.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to list the top 50 leadoff hitters in the last 10 years....let me know when you get to JacKKKson...

If JacKKKson was a top 3 last year, then Alex Gordon was tied with him...at worst 4th.
That's a perfectly fair assessment. Congratulations on your first real contribution to the thread.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just stating that this is the 7th year for Miggy and JV...those two are the key to the Tigers...we can go back and forth on all the other players all day.....but its now year 7 for those two...and their windows are starting to close....just ask Pujols...etc....nobody knows when or how Miggy will decline....JV either...and for what reasons..but it will happen....we are not going to see players last as long anymore like we did...if they are clean...(we will never know who or will ever know who took what, absolutely pointless to even argue anymore)

Its only miggys 6th year with the tigers.....tell me how many tigers are left from the 06 team that opened this so called window...

Why list coke, AA, worth, kelly, and santiago.....im sure every team has a list of so called bums....coke did great last year in the playoffs.....worth? Why even mention him....he wont be on the playoff roster...hell the tigers could still bring back peralta.

Funny how bums hates the tigers so much, he just makes crap up....this is fielders 2nd yr with the tigers....iggy just got here.....ajax is young....castellanos is young and future LF....sanchez fister and JV are in their primes...once hunter and vmart are done, you dont think detroit will go out and get something with the money?

I wont even comment on miggy....i dont see him slowing down anytime soon.

Id like to hear what makes the royals future contenders....isnt their window closing? Butler? Shields? Santana? Hosmer will leave once his contract is up....yankees? Whats left? Gordon? :laugh3:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

By his logic, the Tigers "clock" restarted in 2010 when they made the Granderson-Jackson-Scherzer trade. That restarted their clock. So they can expect the current core to last until around 2016-2017. That is- of course- assuming they don't retool before then, or something catastrophic doesn't happen (like a career-ending injury to Cabrera, or a complete decline from Verlander once his salary jumps up to $28M annually after next season).

They should flip scherzer next year the way they did granderson....get cheaper youth and then spend money elsewhere.....yeah whos still on this team from 06?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a perfectly fair assessment. Congratulations on your first real contribution to the thread.

the thread that stated the Royals took another series from Detroit, got ya, Congrats on not namecalling to help your point stand stronger.

Guess in 2 to 3 years, you might understand mine.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

now this is cool....Cleaves posted and I can't read it....now this is cool.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, look back at just posts on this thread....it was stated Jackson's defense was a viable reason...forget it...

and if you really want to assess it....lets really look at the actual numbers.....Gordon vs Jackson OPS in only the 1st at bat of the game...if you really want...because after that...Jackson's worse SB percentage...Jackson's less power and Jackson's K rate goes into full effect.....the leadoff hitter is only that for 1 ab a game..

Name calling? noticing a pattern of name calling, thats a way to sell your viewpoint...I said this, your a this, lol....guess you win, you called me more names..

1st AB of the game? :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Um jackson doesnt steal because he has hunter, miggy, fielder, and vmart batting behind him.....who hits behind gordon? Chris getz?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because you made this thread, you aren't trolling? That makes no sense at all.

All of his posts are anti tiger.......he destroyed the al central thread all by himself...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you're turning into MiamiVice....makeup a claim without knowing whether it's true or not, and try to get someone else to do the work, knowing that it'll take a lot of work where one won't bother putting in the time to prove you're wrong.

Not trolling at all.