• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen News

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is why are they giving up on

rosen so quickly ?

I think its Kingsbury philosophy on how he wants to run his offense if they pick Murray.

It won’t have anything to do with "giving up on rosen".

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It the Cardinals are going to draft Murray they have a surplus of QBs. Why would you give up a 1st?

b/c teams with aging QB's like Rivers and Brady will give up their late first to get him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round and a future pick is the most I would give for him

Then we lose him to teams like LAC and NE. You don't even know if Lock or Jones will be avaible at #15. Then we would have to rely on Finley and Stidham in late rounds. Why when you have a shot a Rosen?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Redskins can get Rosen with a 2nd I would be all for D.K Metcalf in the 1st

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if that gets in done. Why wouldn't Pitt, NE, and LAC be interested in Rosen for their late first.

If the Redskins gave up their first to get Rosen many would say it was dumb. If NE gave up their first to get him, all would say it was genius.

BTW, I like Drew Lock @ #15.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins gave up their first to get Rosen many would say it was dumb. If NE gave up their first to get him, all would say it was genius.

BTW, I like Drew Lock @ #15.

We are in dire straits here for a QB. Yes I like Lock too but we don't know if he would be there at #15 that is why you make the trade for Rosen.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in dire straits here for a QB. Yes I like Lock too but we don't know if he would be there at #15 that is why you make the trade for Rosen.

it will be a very interesting 7 weeks or so prior to draft night. lot's of unknowns for sure.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in dire straits here for a QB. Yes I like Lock too but we don't know if he would be there at #15 that is why you make the trade for Rosen.[/QUOTE

The thing that has hurt the Redskins badly over the years being desperate and giving up too much for a player

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want Josh Rosen. He is a bust.

He is impulsive and struggles to read coverages.

I am willing to give most rookies time to develop, but Rosen is on the Deshone Kizer spectrum where his cognitive skills will never allow him to be even an average NFL QB. This would be a massive mistake.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is why are they giving up on

rosen so quickly ?

Because they know he sucks.

They will say it is about fit to support Rosen's trade value. And it is true that Murray fits Kingsbury's scheme better.

But you simply don't invest in a QB at 10 1 year, then take another QB at 1 overall the next year unless you think he can't play.

If they had any belief in rosen, they would trade down and get a haul of future picks.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want Josh Rosen. He is a bust.

He is impulsive and struggles to read coverages.

I am willing to give most rookies time to develop, but Rosen is on the Deshone Kizer spectrum where his cognitive skills will never allow him to be even an average NFL QB. This would be a massive mistake.

That is a bit harsh considering he has basically the same draft grade as Allen and Donald. Ari new coach wants to run a different offense and Murray fits that offense better. This would be a huge for us to get Rosen considering our situation right now.

How in the world is Lock or Jones on Rosens level? Plus you don't even know if Lock or Jones will be there at #15. SO why risk it?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit harsh considering he has basically the same draft grade as Allen and Donald. Ari new coach wants to run a different offense and Murray fits that offense better. This would be a huge for us to get Rosen considering our situation right now.

How in the world is Lock or Jones on Rosens level? Plus you don't even know if Lock or Jones will be there at #15. SO why risk it?

Because Rosen sucks.

I have some inside info on him that exactly 3 NFL teams are privy to. While I can't share the specifics, I would be willing to wager quite a lot that Rosen will play his way out of a starting job before his rookie deal is up.

I don't know about Jones or Lock. I just know Rosen sucks. You can choose to take my word for it or not. But just about any FA we can sign will give us a better chance to win football games. Both in the short term and the long term.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Rosen sucks.

I have some inside info on him that exactly 3 NFL teams are privy to. While I can't share the specifics, I would be willing to wager quite a lot that Rosen will play his way out of a starting job before his rookie deal is up.

I don't know about Jones or Lock. I just know Rosen sucks. You can choose to take my word for it or not. But just about any FA we can sign will give us a better chance to win football games. Both in the short term and the long term.

Rosen will be cheaper and younger than any FA we sign. So he had a bad first year what rookie QB doesn't? You are saying Rosen cant develop? Cmon man. So you are saying his draft rating last year was a total farce?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen will be cheaper and younger than any FA we sign. So he had a bad first year what rookie QB doesn't? You are saying Rosen cant develop? Cmon man. So you are saying his draft rating last year was a total farce?

I am saying the scouts who rated him don't have the information that I do. Because if they did, they wouldn't have taken him in the first or second round despite his talents.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its Kingsbury philosophy on how he wants to run his offense if they pick Murray.

It won’t have anything to do with "giving up on rosen".

I think it is highly possible that Kingsbury take Murray. Kingsbury was heavily involved in recruiting Murray out of high school. Leach, Kingsbury and Riley all have Texas Tech connection. They all have similar innovative spread offensives. All 3 are good QB coaches. Mahomes, Mayfield and Murray. Establishing the run to make 3rd downs more manageable is really not part of their DNA. The best way to operate this kind of offense is by the air.
Lincoln Riley could very well be next. He knows the NFL has their eyes on him.

Rosen is more of a Gruden QB. Although he wouldn't be my top choice.