• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen News

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said last year Rosen was the best qb you all laughed at me.. Now you all want him well this year im saying Risner is the best lineman and you all laugh at me... I see a pattern Risner will be a 7x Pro bowler and a border line hall of famer book it

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile …. mic drop

Just teasing coach. :D

I don't remember laughing at you but the Redskins did not have the 10th pick in the draft last year. NOW, maybe they can acquire last years 10th pick for a 2nd or a 2nd and a mid round 2020 pick. That is a lot cheaper than trading up to get Rosen at number 10.

Also you have to analyze what people said. I would rather risk a number 10 pick than trading up for Lock or Haskins.

If they don't do the Rosen thing I am fine with them waiting a round or three and drafting Grier or Rypien.

So before you go crowning yourself king, please understand what is being said here. These are alternative methods to help undo all the stuff that they did when they traded for Smith. In other words we are trying to find a way to make a pile of sh*t smell like roses.

Meanwhile you were for getting rid of Cousin's, how has that worked out for you? …. mic drop.

Don't know much about your boy Risner. Saw he was rated the 2nd tackle in this draftby one site.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get lucky and hit on Rosen, he'll still be on a rookie deal when Smith comes off the books. That will offer a small window to really make a run and sign some very talented free agents that year.(see Rams, Eagles, and Seahawks)

They all made a run because they had a productive QB on a rookie deal and were able to spend elsewhere.

In the meantime, they just gotta keep hitting in the draft. No more misses. They have been doing a much better job of late. (Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Guice?, Scherff)

There is hope.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a jerk here but you realize you just named 5 guys in what probably a total of 30+ drafted over 4 years. Keep hitting?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly referring to post Scot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly referring to post Scot.

Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia

Yep - take all of this in context. In 2000 the Redskins drafted well w/ Arrington & Samuels & pretty much nobody else. Since that time till about 2016 their drafting has been atrocious with some notable exceptions like Kerrigan, Sean Taylor, Cooley, Cousins, Trent Williams & Orakpo. That is embarrassing for 15 years or so.

The drafts for the past 2 seasons - especially the most recent one - look promising ( I would add a few more to your list like Rouillier). Hey - you have to start somewhere. I would dispute your claim about "No more misses" No NFL team is going to be perfect in the draft. However a team needs to retain as many picks as possible & try to retain at least half of those players for a reasonable period of times. This is an area - whether due to expertise or luck - where the Redskins have improved dramatically over the past several years. Can they do a better job? Sure but there is some improvement.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - take all of this in context. In 2000 the Redskins drafted well w/ Arrington & Samuels & pretty much nobody else. Since that time till about 2016 their drafting has been atrocious with some notable exceptions like Kerrigan, Sean Taylor, Cooley, Cousins, Trent Williams & Orakpo. That is embarrassing for 15 years or so.

The drafts for the past 2 seasons - especially the most recent one - look promising ( I would add a few more to your list like Rouillier). Hey - you have to start somewhere. I would dispute your claim about "No more misses" No NFL team is going to be perfect in the draft. However a team needs to retain as many picks as possible & try to retain at least half of those players for a reasonable period of times. This is an area - whether due to expertise or luck - where the Redskins have improved dramatically over the past several years. Can they do a better job? Sure but there is some improvement.
I hear you on the misses, but they have got to find a way to curb the Doctson, Sua/2nd round bust. That's got to stop.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion Rosen is better than any qb coming out this year. To write this guy off after year 1 is foolish. The Giants are fools. A 3rd round pick for this guy is a major steal.
You were arguing to spend a 2nd rounder. I said Heck No! Yes, a 3rd rounder, plus conditional 5th next year and Keenum should do it. If not, move on and draft a QB in rounds providing good value. I also wouldn't mind QB Tyree Jackson in later rounds.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retaining picks, building your roster through the draft, releasing or trading away players who are over paid or the talent level has dropped off works for NE and has worked for SEA. Seems like a good template to follow.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were arguing to spend a 2nd rounder. I said Heck No! Yes, a 3rd rounder, plus conditional 5th next year and Keenum should do it. If not, move on and draft a QB in rounds providing good value. I also wouldn't mind QB Tyree Jackson in later rounds.

Why not a 2nd rounder to get the deal done? its a possible franchise QB. We have to roll the dice.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not a 2nd rounder to get the deal done? its a possible franchise QB. We have to roll the dice.
there is no rush to make a trade . let it play out on draft night . it could be cheaper once murray is actually taken

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com says that the Redskins are out of the Rosen chase.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont buy everything that is said in the next few weeks

they could very well be out of the running but i dont trust it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no rush to make a trade . let it play out on draft night . it could be cheaper once murray is actually taken

very true but are you willing to take the chance? So if its costs a 2nd rounder right now but it could cost a 3rd rounder on draft night, is it really worth the risk of losing him? Now I hear reports we are not interested in him. Would you take Jones/Lock at #15 when we could have Rosen for a 2nd rounder?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true but are you willing to take the chance? So if its costs a 2nd rounder right now but it could cost a 3rd rounder on draft night, is it really worth the risk of losing him? Now I hear reports we are not interested in him. Would you take Jones/Lock at #15 when we could have Rosen for a 2nd rounder?
Or the cards are asking for our 1st rounder and we don’t want to do that ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the cards are asking for our 1st rounder and we don’t want to do that ?

that's possible. Don't you think the top 3 are gone by #15?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps a 2nd and Keenum but that is where I draw the line. I still say they are only bidding against themselves.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps a 2nd and Keenum but that is where I draw the line. I still say they are only bidding against themselves.

Doubtful that we are the only ones interested.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading a first for Rosen is dumb, unless you are the Patriots.

Trading a second for Rosen is dumb too, especially for a team as unsettled in their coaching staff as the redskins are.

Trading a third might be good enough. The Cousin’s third rounder would be the epitome of irony.