• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose explains why he isn't coming back

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he messing with future money? He has been cleared to play. If he came back and got injured again it won't be because he came back too soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bad look because people tend to think negatively. I know that I'm thinking he should play but then I asked myself why would someone go through all this if they were really 100%? He is potentially messing with future money in the terms of endorsements/contracts by sitting out because of public perception.

Because according to doctors he is 100% physically!! The problem that folks have is that it's mental with him. The mental part is ALWAYS there with a significant injury and I know of no other way to get past that part except to just get out there and play!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he messing with future money? He has been cleared to play. If he came back and got injured again it won't be because he came back too soon.
I think you misunderstood me. As it stands right now he could be losing money for future endorsements and contracts. That next company wanting him for a spokesperson may pass in favor of someone else because he now has a rep of being too soft or selfish. Same with that next GM. Thats why I think he is not playing just for some silly reason.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because according to doctors he is 100% physically!! The problem that folks have is that it's mental with him. The mental part is ALWAYS there with a significant injury and I know of no other way to get past that part except to just get out there and play!!
I agree with you on that but again we just don't know what is best in his case and we should not be so quick to judge.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being medical clear to play does not automatically mean the body is ready. How many times have we seen players medical cleared to play, then get reinjured right away?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, regardless of how D. Rose feels, he and his people have played this all wrong. They should have announced weeks ago that he was still working to get to game speed, that he wasn't ready and that he would be held out for the remainder of the season. Had they done that, most of this speculation would have been put to bed.

If Rose later decided that he was ready to come back in the playoffs, he would be the hero making the unexpected return a la David Lee (though not nearly as dramatic).

It is much better for a player's rep to undersell and over-deliver than the opposite.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being medical clear to play does not automatically mean the body is ready. How many times have we seen players medical cleared to play, then get reinjured right away?

This post would make sense if he was medically cleared a few weeks ago. The guy been medically cleared for 3 months now.

I'm pretty sure the ACL is just fine.

They just handled it poorly.

If Rose didn't feel confident enough in playing any game this year, he should have told the team this before he was medically cleared.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, regardless of how D. Rose feels, he and his people have played this all wrong. They should have announced weeks ago that he was still working to get to game speed, that he wasn't ready and that he would be held out for the remainder of the season. Had they done that, most of this speculation would have been put to bed.

If Rose later decided that he was ready to come back in the playoffs, he would be the hero making the unexpected return a la David Lee (though not nearly as dramatic).

It is much better for a player's rep to undersell and over-deliver than the opposite.

I agree that this would have been best for all concerned. The only problem with that is the media would have wondered why he was still listed on the roster for the playoffs and why they had not cleared a spot for another player. Either way there would have been questions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on that but again we just don't know what is best in his case and we should not be so quick to judge.

I don't think anyone is judging all that quickly!! He's been cleared by his doctors for over 2 months, reports are that he has been participating in 5 on 5 full contact drills in practice and has been dominant. I understand that it's not the same as a game, but it's as close as he will get without being in a game.

Then he comes out awhile back and acknowledges it's mental and now he's saying "muscle memory"!!

The whole thing just seems "off"!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he comes out awhile back and acknowledges it's mental and now he's saying "muscle memory"!!

The whole thing just seems "off"!!
:lol:

No one claimed he was the brightest. Sounds like something got mixed up in translation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

No one claimed he was the brightest. Sounds like something got mixed up in translation.

Possibly!! He could also just be throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks!!

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley and Shaq are completely right. He has been practicing for 2 months, got injured at the same time as Shumpert. How many other superstars say they are going to wait until they are comfortable?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it does - these players don't go to just any family medical doctor. The go to physicans who specialize in sports medicine and they charge 3x the rate of an ordinary doctor. When the doctor says Rose can play - it means he can play. Now Rose might not have the game conditioning needed to play, but that is the coaches department. The coach typically then starts training with him to get him up to speed. Those sports doctors don't tell a player that he is clear unless they know it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post would make sense if he was medically cleared a few weeks ago. The guy been medically cleared for 3 months now.

I'm pretty sure the ACL is just fine.

They just handled it poorly.

If Rose didn't feel confident enough in playing any game this year, he should have told the team this before he was medically cleared.

Here is the thing - I am in workers comp on the auditing side, so I see the workers comp claims and how the system works. Neither Derek Rose nor any of the coaching staff has the authority or power to declare an injured employee he can or can't work. That is strictly up to the doctor and when the doctor has examined the patient and determined that the employee has completely healed and can resume work - then it is exactly that. Under state law they can't go back to the doctor and stop him from clearing Rose to play. In Rose's case, Chicago Illinois is part of the NCCI states which is the governing body for workers comp for about 40 or so states and even though this team is not an ordinary situation, the laws govern the same. The only difference is that each player will have a separate policy which is called a specialty insurance policy.

There is just no way in hell that the doctors would clear Rose to play if he medically wasn't able to do so. It translates to his own fear - in which case he should go to a professional counsellor and get some counselling. It may mean that it is time for him to retire from the game

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think as a teammate you can respect a "leader" who quit on his team.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose is a bitch. No other way around. I would be absolutely disgusted if any member of the heat did this. They are facing elimination.. and he doesnt play? Bitch.

the dude was jumping up and down celebrating big shots this whole series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose is a bitch. No other way around. I would be absolutely disgusted if any member of the heat did this. They are facing elimination.. and he doesnt play? Bitch.

the dude was jumping up and down celebrating big shots this whole series.

I was listening to the nets pregame show tonight on the radio and they said Rose was moving fine, shooting jumpshots, floaters, and etc.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Rose quit on his team since he never started this season to begin with and I wouldn't call him a bitch either, but medically speaking he was cleared to play and told he could play on the court. Those doctors don't clear players for the NBA in ignorance. That being said, however given the what time is left in the season, I can see where it is possibly better to wait until next season to play and work on his conditioning and body so he can return next season and minimize the risk of injury. That is something, however that is between him and the coaches and the gm of the orgnization. They pay his salary - not the players and not us, but the fans do, so I can see where they might be a bit upset

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the nets pregame show tonight on the radio and they said Rose was moving fine, shooting jumpshots, floaters, and etc.

Doing that off the court is not the same as on the court under the pressure of the playoffs though - I personally think Rose is too chicken to play, but I can also see where it might be better for everyone for him to wait - I have never been a fan of starting a player that didn't play in the regular system. It takes several games to get a system going and learn how to win games with the change - we already saw what that did with Nash and the Lakers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Barkley/Shaq said in the pre game show, the guy been practicing for 2 MONTHS. Don't you think if he looked shaky or like he was struggling with the ACL that the Bulls wouldn't have him practicing either.

The guy is a bitch.