• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose didn't help Bulls recruit Melo

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because the two Bulls fans in this thread continue the trend of Bulls fans being seen as flat out idiotic.

Year after year Gar/Pax put garbage out on the floor and claim them to be a Championship contender and those moronic fans eat that shit up like hot cakes and throw their money in the trash.

The Bulls players don't want their team to improve, the Bulls management don't want their team to improve (or aren't willing to spend to do it), and the Bulls fans don't care that the players don't want the team to improve.

What? I was definitely not saying that at all. Can you read? I guess you can't since your so quick to hurl insults. I haven't thought the bulls were contenders since 2010. I'm saying it's not roses job to recruit. It's Gar Foreman and John Paxsons job. And if they strike out again they should be fired.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I was definitely not saying that at all. Can you read? I guess you can't since your so quick to hurl insults. I haven't thought the bulls were contenders since 2010. I'm saying it's not roses job to recruit. It's Gar Foreman and John Paxsons job. And if they strike out again they should be fired.

players not coming to Chicago via free agency has nothing to do with garpax. they piss me off because they overvalue their roster but u cant force players to come here. max players want max contracts and good weather. Chicago cant offer either.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brandon Marshall sums it up the best.

Brandon Marshall wants everybody to shut up about Derrick Rose recruiting | CSN Chicago

During his interview on the "Kap and Haugh Show" on 87.7 The Game, Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall was asked if he thinks Rose should be recruiting. After all, Jay Cutler did a little recruiting on Twitter to help get the Pro Bowl wide receiver excited about Chicago.

After first asking "what does his contract say?" and David Kaplan following up by confirming Rose is a player, Marshall really let loose.

"Everybody needs to shut up about that. It's not his personality," Marshall said. "Everyone knows D-Rose. Everyone knows D-Rose as a humble, quiet kid. He's not going to do anything that is beside himself. He's not going on Twitter - he's not on Twitter, period - so why would he go on Twitter and do that? Why would he go on any social network? Why would he go on ESPN or Fox Sports?

"That's not his thing. I'm sure he's had conversations quietly and he was there, but anything outside of that is not D-Rose. People need to sit back and accept people for who they are. I'm sure he's doing what he can, but as far as him stepping outside himself, it wouldn't be organic. It wouldn't be real."

Everyone on here is listening to the speculation of the media whores who get more money based on the attention they draw. They are really good at kicking players when they are down and it helps their fame and wealth when you tune in. Let's ignore the fact that most of these "columnists" have never even sat down and actually talked to Derrick Rose.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall in your corner isn't necessarily a good thing. :crazy:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players not coming to Chicago via free agency has nothing to do with garpax. they piss me off because they overvalue their roster but u cant force players to come here. max players want max contracts and good weather. Chicago cant offer either.

No, it's GarPax. Melo didn't go to New York for the weather. GarPax have never pulled any blockbuster trades because they fall in love with their own players. GarPax got lucky with Derrick Rose in the draft and then got lucky again by getting thibs. I think the weather thing is a myth, Chicago can offer the max this year through a sign and trade, but Melo will probably go elsewhere. GarPax is definitely the problem. Saying it's the weather has no basis and is rather idiotic. Saying its that Chicago can never offer the max is a problem created by the people handing out these contract, which is GarPax.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im a bears fan but this is the greatest interview of all time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjLoxlTLH14]Brandon Meriweather Disses Brandon Marshall | LIVE 10-28-13 - YouTube[/ame]

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it is just random that the western conference is loaded with superstars and the 1 good team in the east happens to be placed in Miami.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it is just random that the western conference is loaded with superstars and the 1 good team in the east happens to be placed in Miami.

Coincidence.

Dirk got traded to Dallas from Milwaukee, San Antonio built their team through the draft and second and third tier FAs, clippers drafted griffin and traded for cp3, The Lakers drafted Kobe and pulled off highway robbery through trades, OKC built their team through the draft, Portland built their team through the draft, and Golden State built their team through the draft. Memphis did sign Zach Randolph, but at the time he wasn't considered as valuable as he is now and Dwight went to Houston because of the quality of the team with Harden. So, two out of 8 teams actually benefitted from signing star FAs. I honestly think its a big coincidence. The west just has better front offices.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Marshall. Great Interview. Rose has talked to Melo. He is a old school player meaning if u want to play on the Bulls then come, if not don't come. Rose wants players that want to be a Bull. These players now what the world to beg for them. Well Rose isn't going to do it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think it's all moot anyway. Melo is using the lakers as leverage in order to get the Knicks to sign and trade him to the bulls, and negotiations are going on right now between the Knicks and bulls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think it's all moot anyway. Melo is using the lakers as leverage in order to get the Knicks to sign and trade him to the bulls, and negotiations are going on right now between the Knicks and bulls.

I hope u are right. I think Lakers might be a 3rd team in the trade. They said they would take Boozer. Only bad thing about a sign and trade Bulls lose Butler and Gibson I think.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope u are right. I think Lakers might be a 3rd team in the trade. They said they would take Boozer. Only bad thing about a sign and trade Bulls lose Butler and Gibson I think.

I hope not. I think it'll be one or the other. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Butler since he's a pretty big liability on offense. Hopefully it's all the expiring vet contracts, Snell, Boozer, some picks, and MDJ though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, if your theory held true, the Magic would be able to throw large sums of money at quality players, not crap like Channing frye.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls might be moving on to Gasol. Bulls in his Final 2.