• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rondo suspended for gay slurs to gay ref

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad move Rondo, read the papers lately?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Donaghy's correct knowledge of Kennedy being gay and the conflict that Doc Rivers has had with Kennedy over the years... it seems very possible that Rondo knew he was gay.

If Rondo knew he was Gay... that makes his comments much worse, IMO. If he didn't, that's still bad though. You gotta know better than to use that word in public.

I think he would've gotten more games if it weren't for the fact that Silver couldn't have really come down on him without outing Kennedy. Now that he's out, it wouldn't matter... but the suspension was already given.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think it matters whether Rondo knew he was gay or not. It was something said out of anger and Rondo likely just said it without even thinking about it. It's wrong, but saying "That's gay" or calling someone a faggot or whatever has been used as a slur by guys against other guys forever.

Clearly, that doesn't excuse what Rondo did, I just don't think whether he knew or not makes much difference and shouldn't effect the punishment.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if everyone realizes it or no...

But, people say the worst thing possible when they want to hurt your feelings.

Rondo is a idiot.

This is not new.

He should be suspended.

But, I thought it was far worse when Blake pushed the assistant coach's face into his crotch on live TV.

Sticks and stones...yaddi yaddi yaddi...

But, putting your hands on someone crosses that line.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Donaghy's correct knowledge of Kennedy being gay and the conflict that Doc Rivers has had with Kennedy over the years... it seems very possible that Rondo knew he was gay.

If Rondo knew he was Gay... that makes his comments much worse, IMO. If he didn't, that's still bad though. You gotta know better than to use that word in public.

I think he would've gotten more games if it weren't for the fact that Silver couldn't have really come down on him without outing Kennedy. Now that he's out, it wouldn't matter... but the suspension was already given.
I think gays and lesbians need to stop being so sensitive. Look, the meaning of the word "gay" is "happy" so how is that now interpreted as a slur? And fagot? My goodness...we all have been called names and talked about. Congress members call the President names all the time and he grins and bears it. The fact that the public is somehow supposed to be more sensitive towards gay/lesbians just based on their sexual preferences is ridiculous imo.
Honestly, why do gays/lesbians have a "coming out" process? I think this is what makes people want to target them in the first place.
That's just my opinion and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think gays and lesbians need to stop being so sensitive. Look, the meaning of the word "gay" is "happy" so how is that now interpreted as a slur? And fagot? My goodness...we all have been called names and talked about. Congress members call the President names all the time and he grins and bears it. The fact that the public is somehow supposed to be more sensitive towards gay/lesbians just based on their sexual preferences is ridiculous imo.
Honestly, why do gays/lesbians have a "coming out" process? I think this is what makes people want to target them in the first place.
:wtf: :L

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ideally, yeah.

In reality... I don't think its that easy. Blacks, gays, and many other groups of people have been badly mistreated by previous generations and I think they deserve how ever much time they want before we can all just act like it never happened... no matter how ideal acting like it never happened would be.

In other words... certain groups deserve a special sensitivity because of the recent and inexcusable behavior by some people in our country towards them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, yeah.

In reality... I don't think its that easy. Blacks, gays, and other groups of people have been badly mistreated by previous generations and I think they deserve how ever much time they want before we can all just act like it never happened... no matter how ideal acting like it never happened would be.
I'm not saying we should act like nothings happened...but when you make an announcement of some sort (in this case them "coming out") usually that leaves you open to others' opinion. If you don't want the feedback then don't make the announcement. Seems simple to me.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we should act like nothings happened...but when you make an announcement of some sort (in this case them "coming out") usually that leaves you open to others' opinion. If you don't want the feedback then don't make the announcement. Seems simple to me.
So they should live in hiding and fear? Wtf kind of backwoods 19th century ideology is that? Society needs to learn to accept gay people, they have been around since humans have existed. I don't think people should do what Michael Sam did but I have nothing wrong with how the ref "came out" how could anyone? It was a statement. It's not like he posted a video of himself with nipple pasties dancing around in a banana hammock. Good lord.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gay people should never come out of the closet! Not in my world!"

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he came out because of the story.

Dude has been a ref for 2 decades and the general public never heard a peep about it.

But, I'm sure some of the players, coaches, media etc knew.

So, when Rondo was caught, and if you look at his lips its clear what he is saying, you knew the question was gonna be asked.

Rondo is a bitch for lying about saying it. Be a man and take your lumps.

YYgqrnKF_bigger.jpgSean CunninghamVerified account‏@SeanCunningham
Reading Rajon Rondo's lips after Bill Kennedy ejected him - I really hope he didn't say something slur'ish. I'll leave it at that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is multiple levels or ignorance.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harsh...

I don't think that's what she's saying at all.

Look at all the athletes, entertainers coming out of the closet these days.

Seriously, I don't care who anyone is sleeping with unless it's Charlie Sheen or a Kardashian. Then, you should probably be careful.

Is it their right?

Sure.

But, I don't feel the need to hold a presser to come out as Black...or a woman...or a mother.

Those are aspects of who I am. But, they are not the only things that define me as a person.

But, I think the thing that is being missed here is that he only admitted it because the story got attention because of the suspension and Rondo's history as a turd-bird.

I don't think this man had any intention of coming out. If he did, he would have done it a decade ago.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they should live in hiding and fear? Wtf kind of backwoods 19th century ideology is that? Society needs to learn to accept gay people, they have been around since humans have existed. I don't think people should do what Michael Sam did but I have nothing wrong with how the ref "came out" how could anyone? It was a statement. It's not like he posted a video of himself with nipple pasties dancing around in a banana hammock. Good lord.
Relax! When did I ever say they should live in hiding or fear? I said they don't have to "announce" their status to the world. That is very different than what you're implying. They can simply live their lives how they see fit (which I have nothing against-regardless of sexual preference) and not intentionally put their lives on display & themselves in a position to be judged.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh...

I don't think that's what she's saying at all.

Look at all the athletes, entertainers coming out of the closet these days.

Seriously, I don't care who anyone is sleeping with unless it's Charlie Sheen or a Kardashian. Then, you should probably be careful.

Is it their right?

Sure.

But, I don't feel the need to hold a presser to come out as Black...or a woman...or a mother.

Those are aspects of who I am. But, they are not the only things that define me as a person.

But, I think the thing that is being missed here is that he only admitted it because the story got attention because of the suspension and Rondo's history as a turd-bird.

I don't think this man had any intention of coming out. If he did, he would have done it a decade ago.
I was being sarcastic. You basically echoed my point. He made a statement. He didn't make out with his boyfriend like Michael Sam.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is multiple levels or ignorance.

Nobody should be targeted for who they love, color of their skin, racial or religious backgrounds.

I don't think she meant that the way it comes off.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. You basically echoed my point. He made a statement. He didn't make out with his boyfriend like Michael Sam.

Okay..lol

My bad.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you one of the people commenting negatively on Lamar and his drug habit? Something about others shouldn't have empathy and such??? :scratch:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax! When did I ever say they should live in hiding or fear? I said they don't have to "announce" their status to the world. That is very different than what you're implying. They can simply live their lives how they see fit (which I have nothing against-regardless of sexual preference) and not intentionally put their lives on display & themselves in a position to be judged.
I don't think the ref made a huge overly dramatic announcement. He said he's gay. That's all that happened. I said you probably shouldn't make a spectacle out of it which he didn't.