• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody going to LA?

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps the Coordinator will be there? :)

But for real...anyone trying to be in attendance to watch our Bengals in the Super Bowl?!?!? Still bonkers to type, let alone read, that. I'm trying to find a way to make it happen but it's reaaalllly fucking expensive.

Part of me is thinking that this could be the only chance in my lifetime to see them playing for the championship. Nothing's guaranteed. I vividly remember after Super Bowl 23 feeling that we would be back the next year. How'd that go?

The other part sees the price tag (and the seats in my budget being nosebleed) and wonders if its just better to witness it like I have every other game this season, from the comfort of my basement couch with my bank account not taking the hit.

I seem to talk myself out of both decisions multiple times each day.
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance I will go. The travel is reasonable with points and miles.... The ticket prices are worrisome but I have a few irons in the fire and hope one works out.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a chance I will go. The travel is reasonable with points and miles.... The ticket prices are worrisome but I have a few irons in the fire and hope one works out.

I have enough points that the flight will be free.

Would get there on Friday and fly back on Monday.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original plan involved flying to Vegas for Friday, and then flying to LA Sunday morning before the game and a late Sunday night flight to avoid the high hotel prices. Its that damn game ticket that is the killer.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original plan involved flying to Vegas for Friday, and then flying to LA Sunday morning before the game and a late Sunday night flight to avoid the high hotel prices. Its that damn game ticket that is the killer.
I agree. There seems to be several different options for keeping travel costs low.... Lots of hotels in LA and you can always opt to do your plan and make it a multi-city trip. There are also some reasonable flight options if you are flexible. But damn.... Those tickets are going to be expensive. Everyone says the secondary market will be best around Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I wonder if there will be more last minute tickets available due to COVID related cancellations. But regardless, my guess is that you won't do much better than 4500-6000 for a low price ticket.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no sports experience I would be willing to pay that amount of money on. I have some money, but no way in hell is a single experience worth that to me. Especially since I would have to go alone, and going to a game alone is not worth it ever. The experience with friends is what makes the experience to me.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you thinking about flying in to Vegas and then LAX, try flying into John Wayne or Ontario..............this is coming from a guy born and raised in that shit hole we call LA. Might be able to find some decently priced Hotels too..............and here is another really good tip just in case you think about driving from Vegas to LA (which isn't that far BTW). Don't try that on Sunday morning or the traffic (yes, from Vegas to LA) will be murder.
EDIT: Oh yeah, good luck to you all...........win or lose Bungals no more!