• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we need to prepare for Mediocrity?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them snatching up BBs sperm, maybe he should get rid of those two and bring in some real coaches. Why Mayo is not our DC boggles my mind.

Just curious what Mayo has done as a coach to make you think he should be our DC? Not saying he shouldn't. It's just that BB keeps a lid on that shit so we really have no idea who's getting shit done and who isn't. At least that's how I see it.

Matty P gone and returned
Dante Scar retired(great O line coach)
Cessario gone
Flores gone (great defensive coach)
Joe Judge gone (great ST coach which clearly saw a dropoff after he left)
Josh going to the Raiders
Zeigler gone to Raiders after one season and what most of us would consider our best draft in a long time as well as some strong free agent acquisitions
Ivan Fears now retiring

And the list goes on and on over the course of the "dynasty".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious what Mayo has done as a coach to make you think he should be our DC? Not saying he shouldn't. It's just that BB keeps a lid on that shit so we really have no idea who's getting shit done and who isn't. At least that's how I see it.

Cessario gone
Zeigler gone to Raiders after one season and what most of us would consider our best draft in a long time as well as some strong free agent acquisitions
Ivan Fears now retiring

One of the signs of a great leader is he doesn't hold back his staff.
To a strong leader like Belichick, he sees a worl full of great "next guys up"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cessario gone
Ivan Fears now retiring

My take is this he played the game, BB keeps him on staff, he knows defense, he's got a high football IQ and he played aggressive so I would hope that is how he would coach. I like BB but hate his games, I feel a team needs a HC, OC and DC and I would rather have a DC that played the game

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mayo will get a DC job elsewhere. Maybe LV?

Bill has to decide right now if he has anyone on the staff to make the moves needed.

Rehiring guys is very tricky because no ine wants to take a step backwards or even laterally.

Ideally, IMO, here is what I'd do.

OC - Chad McShea. He got experience with the Patriots and did a great job in Miami. Nooneis looking at him for HC position and I think h'd jump at thechance to come back.

DC - Brian Flores. He's been mebtioned as aotential HC in several laces but hasn't received a single interview. He'd be very comfortable mving back especially with Bill's new inclusive attitude.

RB - Kevin Faulk. Perfect guy to start grooming for the OC position and as a future HC.

ST - Keep Achord in position and he'll get t to where it needs to go.

Let the OC and DC suggest who they want to fill other open assistant positions.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea that edelman fella sucked
excited julian edelman GIF by PUMA

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mayo will get a DC job elsewhere. Maybe LV?

Bill has to decide right now if he has anyone on the staff to make the moves needed.

Rehiring guys is very tricky because no ine wants to take a step backwards or even laterally.

Ideally, IMO, here is what I'd do.

OC - Chad McShea. He got experience with the Patriots and did a great job in Miami. Nooneis looking at him for HC position and I think h'd jump at thechance to come back.

DC - Brian Flores. He's been mebtioned as aotential HC in several laces but hasn't received a single interview. He'd be very comfortable mving back especially with Bill's new inclusive attitude.

RB - Kevin Faulk. Perfect guy to start grooming for the OC position and as a future HC.

ST - Keep Achord in position and he'll get t to where it needs to go.

Let the OC and DC suggest who they want to fill other open assistant positions.

I was hoping Bill O'Brien would return. Didn't Chad O'shea kinda flop as OC in Miami? Is Troy Brown simply not qualified?

I personally do not see Flores returning though it's possible now that his lawsuit has deemed him un-hirable as a HC. He did publicly list BB's text message in his lawsuit so maybe that relationship is over? I would not be surprised to see Matty P back on the sideline even though I'd want to puke.

I'm cool with Kevin Faulk as an RB coach but I thought he was a true Louisiana guy and would stay south. But maybe money talks?

I don't disagree about Achord on ST but if Joe Judge was looking to return that would be fantastic. That said, BB seems intent on making Achord a quality coach.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Bill O'Brien would return. Didn't Chad O'shea kinda flop as OC in Miami? Is Troy Brown simply not qualified?

I personally do not see Flores returning though it's possible now that his lawsuit has deemed him un-hirable as a HC. He did publicly list BB's text message in his lawsuit so maybe that relationship is over? I would not be surprised to see Matty P back on the sideline even though I'd want to puke.

I'm cool with Kevin Faulk as an RB coach but I thought he was a true Louisiana guy and would stay south. But maybe money talks?

I don't disagree about Achord on ST but if Joe Judge was looking to return that would be fantastic. That said, BB seems intent on making Achord a quality coach.
I don't think it makes him un-hirable, though it's a popular narrative. He's taking aim at the cough Rooney cough rule that the NFL claims to have, "to look better" than what the current roster of black head coaches proves... That the NFL is doing little to ensure equal opportunities. The BB text reference was only the means for finding out the Giants already committed to a coach prior to even giving him his scheduled interview. BB either thought they were hiring Flores and congratulated him, or accidently texted Flores instead of Daboll (I've heard both versions).

Give teams a compensatory first round pick and you'll see 4 black coaches hired pretty quickly.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Shea did pretty well in Miami. He didn't have much to work with because Flores was concentrating more on the defense early. Then Covid and injuries.. Things really started to come together this past year but Tua ran hot and cold and was never consistent.Plus all the BS trying to get Watson didn't help either.

Troy certainly is not ready. He coached the WR this year and they did nothing to impress. That's a reflection on him.

I'd like to see OB come back. I think he could really help Mac move to the next level and he runs a very similar offense to Josh's.

Flores torched a lot of bridges with his lawsuit. The owners will circle the wagons and He'll be another Mangini in a couple of years. Calling out a team is like insulting the owner and once youdo it, you've made 32 enemies. The worst art of it is that you did it spitefully. A telephone call to the Commish threatening a lawsuit might have been much more effective than a public tantrum.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm OK with O'Brien returning but now I'm really excited about Brian Flores returning angry!
He was already great. He needs to get even like Brady did after deflategate fiasco!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with O'Brien returning but now I'm really excited about Brian Flores returning angry!
He was already great. He needs to get even like Brady did after deflategate fiasco!
You think BB will bring him back?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy certainly is not ready. He coached the WR this year and they did nothing to impress. That's a reflection on him.
That's like looking at your reflection from a mud puddle and concluding you have dirt on your face.

I have no idea how well he did, but he didn't have the cream of the crop WRs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets the opportunity.

What does Kraft say if Goodell says to ditch Flores?

Kraft is a good man but he is part of the club.
I'm not sure Roger would do that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Roger would do that.
What happened to Kaepernick?
He was blackballed by the league. Are you saying the club did not have conversations with each other?

"The New York Times reported several owners support the fine against Jones and that the commissioner pursued the action after they believed that Jones had "crossed an unspoken boundary by threatening his colleagues."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Kaepernick?
He was blackballed by the league. Are you saying the club did not have conversations with each other?

"The New York Times reported several owners support the fine against Jones and that the commissioner pursued the action after they believed that Jones had "crossed an unspoken boundary by threatening his colleagues."
No I am saying these are completely different occurrences