• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have to do something different, but need to roll with what we have this year club.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome to add whoever you want, but I'm not going to include the obvious teams with young guys or just playing it out in 2022. So if you're looking at it for the 2023 season, are you looking to replace your guy or build more of your team?

Dolphins. Tua is young, but has missed too many games and isn't in a good spot with that franchise...I'm not sure anybody is in Miami
Colts. Ryan is this years stop gap and maybe he was really handcuffed in Atlanta, but at some point they need to go get a longer term solution since Wentz did Wentz things and refused to grow up and be accountable.
Titans. Tannehill has put up good numbers and seems to be fine when Henry is healthy and playing, but is he really the guy?
Raiders. Carr, his best season was about 4 years ago, but like Tannehill, is he really the guy. He's going to need to show it now is my guess.
Lions. Goff, at some point they need to do something, but I'm thinking more about building a team and getting the guy to run it later, IE don't get a young guy killed and bury his confidence
Vikings. Cousins does Cousins things and is serviceable, but will he take them only so far.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add the Giants and Daniel Jones. He might count as one of the "young guys." But, it's definitely a situation with a new coach where they will have to decide if there is a future with him or if they are moving on.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there had been top prospect QBs in the 2022 NFL Draft both the Giants and the Panthers would have taken rookies over their incumbent starters. The Seahawks/Broncos might have moved up depending on whether the Wilson trade went ahead.

Back on topic: The Vikings guaranteed Cousins money for 2023. The Falcons are treading water in 2022. Maybe their rookie QB will be ready for 2023.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add the Giants and Daniel Jones. He might count as one of the "young guys." But, it's definitely a situation with a new coach where they will have to decide if there is a future with him or if they are moving on.

He really doesn't count as a youngster, but I've pretty much see him as being replaced ASAP along with Hurts and Wentz. Outside of Dak, the NFC East is a really weak QB division...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots continue to rebuild around a QB that many of us see as a future elite QB.
We go into this season with no #1 WR and 6 very equal 2 or 3's.
Soemday we are going to have to obtain a #1. Could it be Thorntan? Has not played yet so who knows.
One of the fastest WR's in the league, fastest in the draft.
#1 WR's are very hard to get right now. Need capital and luck!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We undoubtedly have the NFL'S crypt keeper thinking he's God's gift to this game

Onward through the fog

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We have to do something different, but need to roll with what we have this year club."

I think this describes the Bears situation to a tee. From management on down, it's pretty much understood our boyz are going nowhere this year, at least with respect to playing in the postseason. I give a ton-o-credit to our new GM, who decided to ditch some of the team elders and begin the rebuild primarily thru the draft - he turned 5 picks into 11 in this last draft. But he's also keenly aware that the Bears are going to be sitting on some serious cap space next year as well. So I see him continuing to build thru the draft, but also pick up a few key FAs here and there. In the meantime, we Bear fans will just have to suck it up in '22.