• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What coaches do we need to replace?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC for sure. Who can we go get?

Do we need to replace Stevie B? Lovie Smith just fired. I'd bring him in.

Oline? Yes. I might let Mattie P or Judge focus there?

STs? Yes. Judge?

Any of the lesser coaching pisitions? QB, DB?

BB needs to be able to focus on team chemistry, situational/taking care of the football and discipline.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

STs? Yes. Judge?

BB needs to be able to focus on team chemistry, situational/taking care of the football and discipline.

I can definitely agree with Judge going back to ST’s. Especially if Slater retires.

That said, Bill doesn’t give a shit what we think. Other than MAYBE OC I don’t see him bringing in outside help.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Kraft must have been pissed yesterday. If you were watching CBS, you would have seen him leaving the Owner's booth. Three times they went back and he never returned and wasn't there in the final two minutes.

"I" think, Bob and Bill will have a sit down not later than Wednesday and Kraft is going to tell Bill what he wants in 2023. My guess is that it will not be "pretty please." I Think it will be pretty straight forward.

Find something else for Matt. He's a defensive coach.
Fix Special Teams. Joe Judge is not a QB Coach.
Get an offensive coach to fix what was broken.
Finally, Name both an Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator and get my team under control.

Bill is going to argue that Bob gave him complete control and he doesn't appreciate being told how to run the football operation. Kraft will respond that he owns the team and he's been embarrassed over the past three years with how badly the team has performed and wants things fixed.

This is where Bill will have to accept Kraft's demands or tell him that he can't work under those circumstances and resign.

It's a $7B business and the value is starting to take a hit. Kraft understands business and he's not going to have a losing product that devalues what he's built.

Fuck history, fuck Bill's desire to knock off Shula. Fix the team at any cost.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

STs? Yes. Judge?

If I were a football god for a day...

Judge back to ST. If Slater retires, hire him as ST assistant.
Oline? There has got to be a college Oline coach out there looking to move up to the big leagues.
OC, I like Kliff Kingsbury if he gets the axe in Arizona.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...they kinda both go hand in hand. Fix the team, he breaks Shula's record.

In season hindsight, as many games that they had absolute shit first halves, they came back in the second and A LOT of their losses were literally a play away from going the other way.

There was a lot to like about this rebuilding year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the Oline was horrible. Nothing was done to fix it before the trading period was over. The only additions were Cannon and McDermott.

We know that the WRs were not that good. For some imbecilic reason, Bourne and Parker were both benched for extended periods. They happened to be the best pass options on this team. Thorton didn't see enough playing time until very late and started to show some "promise."

Special teams has been 50/50 all year. Punting has been a total shitshow from the get go. Coverage on Kicks and punts has pretty much been Slater and Schooler. Placekicking over 40 yards has been gamble.

Greatest coaching needs are O-Line, QB, ST. Both the offense and defense need coordinators to take charge.

Pretty much know that Mayo and Healy are gone. Achord has to be replaced at the ST Coord.

If Bill has charge, He's got to get moving this week and start bringing in the guys he thinks can do the jobs. NOT HIM!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the Oline was horrible. Nothing was done to fix it before the trading period was over. The only additions were Cannon and McDermott.

We know that the WRs were not that good. For some imbecilic reason, Bourne and Parker were both benched for extended periods. They happened to be the best pass options on this team. Thorton didn't see enough playing time until very late and started to show some "promise."

Special teams has been 50/50 all year. Punting has been a total shitshow from the get go. Coverage on Kicks and punts has pretty much been Slater and Schooler. Placekicking over 40 yards has been gamble.

Greatest coaching needs are O-Line, QB, ST. Both the offense and defense need coordinators to take charge.

Pretty much know that Mayo and Healy are gone. Achord has to be replaced at the ST Coord.

If Bill has charge, He's got to get moving this week and start bringing in the guys he thinks can do the jobs. NOT HIM!!
Who would have been there to select with our limited cap space. There was no room for quality players under this cap. Rex Ryan stated this was BBs best year of coaching, other than Judon most of the players out there would not be on a previous Pats team.

This is not directed at you or anyone specifically, but we have gotten so accustomed to winning we no longer know how to lose with some god damn dignity. We had sub par players and were one game away from the playoffs. I am so glad this season is over if only to quiet the bellyachers

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know that the WRs were not that good. For some imbecilic reason, Bourne and Parker were both benched for extended periods. They happened to be the best pass options on this team.
Yeah, tight against cap space limits options before options even begin.

I blame Fatricia for the Bourne and Parker sitting. It was documented that Bourne had questioned the Offensive Coaching and I thing Fatfuck punished him for it and it essentially cost the team.
Wrong on both parts. Don't sacrifice a good player for the benefit of your ego, yet no player is bigger than the team and never air teams dirty laundry.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

STs? Yes. Judge?

Fire Patricia and hire Lovie Smith? WTF?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Kraft must have been pissed yesterday. If you were watching CBS, you would have seen him leaving the Owner's booth. Three times they went back and he never returned and wasn't there in the final two minutes.

"I" think, Bob and Bill will have a sit down not later than Wednesday and Kraft is going to tell Bill what he wants in 2023. My guess is that it will not be "pretty please." I Think it will be pretty straight forward.

Finally, Name both an Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator and get my team under control.
I agree with most of the above.
The yada, yada, yada that followed is bullshit.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...they kinda both go hand in hand. Fix the team, he breaks Shula's record.

In season hindsight, as many games that they had absolute shit first halves, they came back in the second and A LOT of their losses were literally a play away from going the other way.

There was deceptively a lot to like.
Last year was a very good year in rebuild - we took a step back and now need more than we did last year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was deceptively a lot to like.
Last year was a very good year in rebuild - we took a step back and now need more than we did last year.
There were a number of small issues that seemed like huge glaring issues because of the number of issues. And yes, they are all cumulative.

With better coaching, the Oline would have played a just little better which would have led to another win or two.
With better pocket presence Jones would have not thrown INT, Over/under thrown WR, not run out of bounds or slid 1 yard shy of first down, which would have led to another win or two.
With better play calling (especially 1st half), they would have won another game, or three.
Without Plays for Bourne or Parker...another game or three.

If it was any one of those issues, They are the fifth seed.
All of them and they damn near made it looking like they royally sucked.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have requested permission to interview Patriots' LB coach Jerod Mayo for their defensive coordinator vacancy.​

Mayo will be a hot name this offseason. The former All-Pro linebacker has served as the Patriots' inside linebackers coach since 2019 and was interviewed by the Raiders at the start of 2022 for their head coaching vacancy. Mayo will likely field multiple interview requests over the next several days and could be coaching elsewhere in 2023.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if Bill makes very few changes.

Patricia and Judge are foot soldiers and do what they are told.
Steve (LB) and Brian Belichick (Safties) are his sons.
DeMarcus Covington (DL) is going to get some DC interviews
Mike Pelligrino (CB) Not sure whether he'll be here or possibly be with Daboll in NY
Vinnie Sunseri (RB) has done a great job and could be getting an OC Ass't position elsewhere
Troy Brown (WR) sure didn't rub off on anyone, but he's BB guy.
Nick Caley (TE) Who I keep calling Haley-will be offer the OC position in Las Vegas unless BB offers it here.
Billy Yates was the Ass't O Line coach under Dante for 10 years and is certainly going to be interviewing for the job somewhere.

Patricia and Judge were never offensive coaches and it boggles the mind why a coach with BB's experience and background would entrust his offense to them when he had Josh's assistant, Nick Caley ready to move into the slot.

Bill O'Brien seems to be the miost logical choice for Bill because they've worked together and maintained contact since O'Brien left for Houston.

Most likely, Steve Belichick will be the DC because he's been working under his father as a patriot coach for 13 years.

Bill will remain the GM and HC.

When we get old, we hate change, and drastic change even more. Bill will be 72 and time doesn't slow down for anyone. Bill will not make drastic changes. Don't expect him to make many changes at all.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big story this year will be some major friction between the Krafts and BB …

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill is going to argue that Bob gave him complete control and he doesn't appreciate being told how to run the football operation. Kraft will respond that he owns the team and he's been embarrassed over the past three years with how badly the team has performed and wants things fixed.

This is where Bill will have to accept Kraft's demands or tell him that he can't work under those circumstances and resign.

It's a $7B business and the value is starting to take a hit. Kraft understands business and he's not going to have a losing product that devalues what he's built.

At least you're consistent. I'll give you that.