• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roman canidate for psu job

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much this would effect Alex as i believe Harbaugh or whoever he brings in will still be capable. But man sure would be nice to have contunity for Alex and the offense especially getting a full offseason together.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers’ Greg Roman says Penn State interest won’t distract him | ProFootballTalk

Unlike Titans coach Mike Munchak, who insists that he’s not interested in becoming the next head coach at Penn State, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman says he wants that job.

But Roman says that as long as he’s coaching a playoff team in his current job, he’s not thinking about any future jobs.

“My focus is 100 percent on winning the next game for the 49ers,” Roman said, via CSNBayArea.com. “You got to win to stay alive now, and we have to be at our best.”

Roman has no connection to Penn State (he played football at John Carroll University and then worked for the Panthers, Texans and Ravens before joining Jim Harbaugh’s staff at Stanford and then following Harbaugh to the 49ers), but he sounds like he would take on the role of Joe Paterno’s successor if it were offered to him.

“I’ve spoken with Penn State, had some discussions with them about a month ago and found everybody involved on their end to be extremely intelligent, extremely focused on finding the best person they could under the unique circumstances there at Penn State,” Roman told 97.3 ESPN radio in South Jersey. “That’s a very unique opportunity at Penn State, so that’s something I’d definitely consider strongly. But I love where I’m at right now.”

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agent for San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman acknowledged earlier this week that his client interviewed for the Nittany Lions vacancy “quite a while ago”, and reports have indicated the long-time NFL assistant is a finalist to become the permanent replacement for Joe Paterno. If that were to come to fruition, Roman would jump at the opportunity.

“[A] a job like Penn State is a lifetime job. That’s a job if I were to become the head coach there, I’d wouldn’t leave there,” Roman said Tuesday according to CSNBayArea.com.

Greg Roman: Penn State ‘a lifetime job’; Schiano in play? | CollegeFootballTalk

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there but say Roman got hired for the rams job. We wouldnt lose the playbook since it basically harbaughs. Wouldnt he know everything about our offense in that situation then? Would it be better if Jim was our OC, as to not hire a new OC with Harbaughs playbook knowing later down the line that he could lose that OC and they would know our offense. Or does Roman have his own playbook? Just curious and throwing it out here.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman stays o'brien to psu that's awesome news for us