• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ROCK BRADY will not attend hearing

truckman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have feet stuck in mud and refuse to give at all. I think the judge may slap all the parties involved.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh..just saw the other thread....carry on

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yawn.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this should be anything but all or nothing. Why would Brady's team agree to any suspension? What is compelling them to do so?

If the NFL shows a strong enough case, all four games remain. If they don't, innocence is presumed (in a legal sense) and there is no further penalty.

Guilty is like pregnant, there are no degrees of it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Goodell show up today? I know Brady did. Judge said neither side has to show up tomorrow.. Though I would think Brady would want to

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...in before a lawyer has to explain civil vs criminal. I get that but just on pure logic, I don't understand how there can be a compromise.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...in before a lawyer has to explain civil vs criminal. I get that but just on pure logic, I don't understand how there can be a compromise.

simple, "Brady did it..." end of story... - Patriots hater

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this should be anything but all or nothing. Why would Brady's team agree to any suspension? What is compelling them to do so?

If the NFL shows a strong enough case, all four games remain. If they don't, innocence is presumed (in a legal sense) and there is no further penalty.

That is what makes me skeptical that Brady's team has the ammo it needs to overturn anything. Like you said, why would Brady's team agree to a suspension? That is a good point considering Brady has already been suspended. They really have nothing to lose by challenging it. If they win, Great. If they lose, they are no further behind then where they started. I'm sure the lawyers made this point very salient to Brady. The federal judge will need to see overwhelming evidence that Brady adhered to the CBA. Because that's what this is really about. In the CBA the Commish has the power to dole out punishment if he feels that a player hasn't cooperated fully with an NFL investigation. Can Brady say he's been 100% cooperative? The federal judge will get the final say on that.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure this is labor laws . it comes down to does goodell have the right by the cba to susp brady . if brady was the innocent little angel as pats lover think . brady would just file a slander suite and ask for a billion dollars !!!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure this is labor laws . it comes down to does goodell have the right by the cba to susp brady . if brady was the innocent little angel as pats lover think . brady would just file a slander suite and ask for a billion dollars !!!!!!
One more time for Tedneck:
We are not talking innocent. We are talking not guilty as charged......

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more time for Tedneck:
We are not talking innocent. We are talking not guilty as charged......

:scratch:

It would seem we are talking about the degree of guilt from the second one, but the first one says there are no degrees of guilt.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you realize that you quoted two different people? :scratch:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

It would seem we are talking about the degree of guilt from the second one, but the first one says there are no degrees of guilt.
I'm talking about justice. There is no evidence that balls were even deflated.
How can you find somebody guilty with no evidence?
That does not refute the previous poster saying that he is guilty or not?
No evidence, no guilt. Is that Innocence? Only God knows all the facts.....
If the evidence does not prove guilt, not guilty!