• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman where you at buddy?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously has more to do with his big mouth than what happened on the field. His refusing to talk to the Media after losing comes across as a sore loser so he is going to be scrutinized.

:10:

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is all mouth. I turn the TV off when the commercial comes on with he and Steven A Smith. The are both obnoxious and bullies.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you changed your tune Oldschool. So it's not about him getting torched for 55 yds?

No, I said earlier that he is a very good player, but not the best as he proclaims......
And I said that because of his harsh criticism of other players, he will be scrutinized by the same measure....
I also said, I like the Hawks, they're brother birds, but I don't like Shermouth because of his annoying antics to draw attention to himself.....You have to admit he is a media Ho !!!!!

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis was the last shut down corner to mouth off and he lasted about 2 years. Sherman will be tested but I think that what he does down the stretch and/or in the playoffs will show us what he's capable of. He had a great year LAST year. let's see what happens THIS year.. Maybe he's a one year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said earlier that he is a very good player, but not the best as he proclaims......
And I said that because of his harsh criticism of other players, he will be scrutinized by the same measure....
I also said, I like the Hawks, they're brother birds, but I don't like Shermouth because of his annoying antics to draw attention to himself.....You have to admit he is a media Ho !!!!!

He does not like Crabtree. Who are the other players he is harsh towards?

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I'm trying to figure out if he's a sore loser or if he just hates the media....could be either honestly

I have no idea why he skipped out on media stuff yesterday, but FWIW, he DOES have a running feud going with the local media here in Seattle right now.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman did not talk to reporters after the 30-21 loss to the Chargers, but he said it wasn't deliberate.

"I was available," he said. "I didn't sneak off. No one came up to me [in the locker room]. I took my shower and came back and everyone was talking to Earl [Thomas, who was next to Sherman]. I got dressed and left. I didn't stick around a long time waiting for everyone.

"We just had played a game where it was over 100 degrees, and it was about 90 in the locker room. I wanted to get out of there and cool off. Someone came up to me in the hallway while I was signing autographs, but that was it."
The person who came up to Sherman in the hallway was a Tacoma, Washington, reporter whom Sherman didn't recognize, so he said he wasn't talking.

"You know, when a guy wants his name in the paper, he's gotta say something crazy," Sherman said about Allen on Wednesday. "It's humorous. I guess he wants something to tell his grandkids: 'Remember the day I caught a couple of balls on Richard Sherman? No touchdowns, but I caught a few.'"

But Sherman had plenty to say Wednesday when asked how he thought he played Sunday.

"I played pretty well," he said. "But it's really funny that two little Chargers say I was exposed. One had 50 yards [Allen had five receptions for 55 yards], and one had 60 [Eddie Royal had seven receptions for 69 yards]. It makes you laugh."

Sherman said he realizes he is under increased scrutiny now as a Pro Bowl player whose previous comments have brought him enormous national attention.

"But I don't go home and say, 'Oh my god, what are they saying about me?'" Sherman said. "It comes with being a good player on a good team."

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman criticizes San Diego Chargers players who called him out - ESPN

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman did not talk to reporters after the 30-21 loss to the Chargers, but he said it wasn't deliberate.

"I was available," he said. "I didn't sneak off. No one came up to me [in the locker room]. I took my shower and came back and everyone was talking to Earl [Thomas, who was next to Sherman]. I got dressed and left. I didn't stick around a long time waiting for everyone.

"We just had played a game where it was over 100 degrees, and it was about 90 in the locker room. I wanted to get out of there and cool off. Someone came up to me in the hallway while I was signing autographs, but that was it."
The person who came up to Sherman in the hallway was a Tacoma, Washington, reporter whom Sherman didn't recognize, so he said he wasn't talking.

"You know, when a guy wants his name in the paper, he's gotta say something crazy," Sherman said about Allen on Wednesday. "It's humorous. I guess he wants something to tell his grandkids: 'Remember the day I caught a couple of balls on Richard Sherman? No touchdowns, but I caught a few.'"

But Sherman had plenty to say Wednesday when asked how he thought he played Sunday.

"I played pretty well," he said. "But it's really funny that two little Chargers say I was exposed. One had 50 yards [Allen had five receptions for 55 yards], and one had 60 [Eddie Royal had seven receptions for 69 yards]. It makes you laugh."

Sherman said he realizes he is under increased scrutiny now as a Pro Bowl player whose previous comments have brought him enormous national attention.

"But I don't go home and say, 'Oh my god, what are they saying about me?'" Sherman said. "It comes with being a good player on a good team."

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman criticizes San Diego Chargers players who called him out - ESPN

He makes a good point. "Exposed? 50 yards given up? whats gonna happen if he gives up a touchdown!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes a good point. "Exposed? 50 yards given up? whats gonna happen if he gives up a touchdown!

Exploding_earth.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about everyone been in agreement that he was not exposed. Most teams will take 134 receiving yards from their top 2 guys against a top pass defensive so 69 & 55 from your top 2 is pretty good considering the defense and it is even better if your TE and/or 3rd Wr is doing damage as well

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it weren't for the safety on one play he would have. Royal had him all turned around.

That said, Sherman was not exposed. If what he said about the locker room is true then I don't blame him. That is the deal with talking big though, many people are going to try to tear you down.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus registered six targets against Sherman, but the defensive coach I consulted counted four times when Sherman was at the point of attack in coverage. The Chargers completed passes for 42 yards on those four plays, with 27 of those yards after the catch. There were "traffic" issues on two of the plays, meaning the Chargers used route combinations to impede Sherman's ability to cover cleanly. That was the case when Chargers tight end Antonio Gates drew Sherman away from Eddie Royal at the 5:35 mark of the third quarter. Royal pivoted and caught the ball 1 yard downfield. He gained another 15 yards after the catch.
"When Antonio Gates is running downfield and your guy is doing a shallow cross, everyone gets beat," the defensive coach said.
Chargers QB Philip Rivers averaged 7.3 yards per attempt when targeting wide receivers in that game. It was his fifth-lowest average in 20 games under San Diego's current coaching staff. He completed no passes longer than 16 yards, his shortest "long" completion in a game since Week 3 last season.

This is from a piece by Sando. Shit happens, but Sherm played as well as anyone on defense last Sunday.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from a piece by Sando. Shit happens, but Sherm played as well as anyone on defense last Sunday.

LOL nice, I was just about to post the same thing.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistaken identity

I wasn't able to watch most of the Sunday games live, but I noticed a lot of people saying that Richard Sherman had been "exposed" against the San Diego Chargers. I knew that the Chargers had beaten the Seahawks, but I had no idea how the game went down. I was excited to take a gander to see if Sherman was put on that Summer Jam screen like all these folks were tweeting.

This is my confused face....

Look, man, I think this whole "best cornerback" conversation/debate/argument is pretty dumb at this point. It's a subjective title. I guess it's tailor-made for the Twitter "any argument will do" crowd, but really there's no way for anybody to "win" the argument, because the top three or four guys all have different attributes, play in different schemes and are all pretty good in their own right. So, I'm not quite sure what I expected to see when I fired up my NFL Game Rewind app, but it sure wasn't Sherman just giving up a 10-yard comeback, a quick slant and an in-out route where he guessed it was a crossing route, none of which were scoring plays.

That's what passes for getting exposed these days? Are y'all serious?

I hate to break it to some of y'all but, that's a pretty good day for most cornerbacks, including the elite ones. Especially since he still made the tackle all three times (one time was a push out of bounds, which still counts). I guess maybe people don't like Sherman's personality, which is fine, but let's not go too far into the land of bullshit when it comes to what really happened on the field.

I'm pretty sure Seattle is a lot more concerned with trying to figure out how old-ass Antonio Gates roasted all of its linebackers and starting strong safety on Sunday, than they are Sherman giving up three passes that didn't gain 50 yards when you put them all together.

Excerpt from article by retired NFL player and current football commentator Steven White. Link to the whole article below:

The Notebook: Addition by subtraction - SBNation.com

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seem a bit arrogant to me even in this interview

Richard Sherman laughs off 'little' Chargers' remarks - NFL.com

Richard Sherman laughs off 'little' Chargers' remarks

"I played pretty well," Sherman said. "But it's really funny that two little Chargers say I was exposed. One had 50 yards (Allen had five receptions for 55 yards), and one had 60 (Eddie Royal had seven receptions for 69 yards). It makes you laugh."