• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman where you at buddy?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Harold. You are a logical person. You don't really believe the media wasn't interested in interviewing one of the most polarizing individuals in the NFL after a loss, do you?

There is no doubt Sherman is the best corner in the NFL. A lot of Seahawks fans feel obligated to defend him because he plays for their team. He does display bad sportsmanship from time to time including after the charger game. I think most people would agree with that logic.

Scooby-Doo football isn't like like basketball, with only a hand full of players. 53 man roster and the heroes and goats will change game to game, Sherman role in the game wasn't news worthy, he was neither great or terrible, others were. Like I said before I'm sure Sherman was happy to just call it a day, he wasn't looking for a interview, but not ducking one either. Talk about much ado over nothing.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason it is not "nothing" is simply because it is Richard Sherman. He created the monster so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Either way, I do agree it is a tired subject and it's time to give it a rest. However if the Hawks lose to denver, Sherman can expect much of the same and this board will light up like Christmas tree with more Sherman/Seahawks hate. It's the price you pay for being world champs. And hey, if you don't like it, I'll trade places with you in a second. :suds:

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yeah, someone has. A female sports writer for the SD paper (too lazy to get the name, I'm sure a quick Google search will find it) called bullshit on this yesterday via Twitter, claiming that she approached Sherman in the locker room, and he told her that he "wasn't talking".

Bravo to bowing to the truth and not the bullshit.

True fan

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, you're being ridiculous about this.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand completely why Richard Sherman is getting this backlash. He opened media "Pandora's Box" and now he needs to deal with the downside of the situation when things don't go his way.

I also understand why Sherman didn't want to talk to the media. The Seahawks in general got destroyed by the Chargers and props to them for a great game. If I was on a team that had been beaten up like that I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

The part that I don't get is why anyone really cares. I mean, it is an athlete not wanting to talk to the media after the game. Why gives a rat's a$$? It happens all the time. Modern media is really pathetic when they dig like this to try to make a story out of nothing. And the only fans that really care are those foolish enough to care what Sherman talks about every week to begin with.
But, as I stated, Sherman has no one to blame but himself for the situation so it is what it is.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby-Doo football isn't like like basketball, with only a hand full of players. 53 man roster and the heroes and goats will change game to game, Sherman role in the game wasn't news worthy, he was neither great or terrible, others were. Like I said before I'm sure Sherman was happy to just call it a day, he wasn't looking for a interview, but not ducking one either. Talk about much ado over nothing.

A week after not being thrown at all game, the Chargers made a point to go at Sherman. And it seemed to work. You don't think reporters want to know how Sherman feels on that subject? Look, I couldn't care less if Sherman did an interview or not but to duck the media, post on twitter shortly after and then claim you were available when it seems like he made himself not available seems childish. Sherman likes to talk after he does something big, he should be a pro and do the same when he's "exposed".

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are people really surprised? You had to have known what he was before. He's talented, he lacks class. He's an ungracious winner and a very poor loser. He's good at football. He'll be sure to find a mic next time he wants to be a loud mouth and he'll be sure to avoid one when he wants to prove his childish point. He's hardly the only one.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day. He should of talked...... But I dont care that he didn't. I much rather he not talk, then go on the mic and say, wow Did Kam Chancellor look bad today covering Gates, and Wow what happened to our pass rush. And Jesus How about we make an adjustment DC Dan Quinn..... Or Wow Oline couldn't block for crap in the fourth qtr when we got them the ball back twice down 6....

Sherman while not spectacular, only gave up 50 yards.... thats a GOOD day for a corner, no explosives, no TDs. He was not the reason we lost.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is mistaken, but who cares? | UTSanDiego.com Mobile

In the first paragraph of the article it states that he told w UT San Diego reporters that he was not talking. Sherman is a liar.....it's not a big deal but no need to lie about something like this either.

I don't really know the truth but to in fairness to Sherman he was clearly talking about after the locker room as he said the reporter walked up to him and asked for an autograph and he thought it was just a fan. Fans aren't allowed into the locker room.

He mentioned that he wanted to get out of the locker room because it was 90 degrees in there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week after not being thrown at all game, the Chargers made a point to go at Sherman. And it seemed to work. You don't think reporters want to know how Sherman feels on that subject? Look, I couldn't care less if Sherman did an interview or not but to duck the media, post on twitter shortly after and then claim you were available when it seems like he made himself not available seems childish. Sherman likes to talk after he does something big, he should be a pro and do the same when he's "exposed".

The Seahawks have won 17 games in the past year. In one game, Sherman went on a rant. Let's not make this more than it is.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, I don't think reporters belong on the sidelines, but I guess I can see giving a sideline report, but grabbing them for interviews at halfs and immediately after games is pretty pointless I think. The only thing that comes from it is bullshit anyway, ie, Sherman outburst against Crabtree. Did nothing for the game other than give it a WWE type drama and attract those types of people to the "sport" i guess.

Locker rooms??? Bitch please. If you want to know what said in a locker room, be good enough to make an nfl roster or get on their staff. I don't think reporters belong in a locker room at all. I think reporters should be good enough at their craft to develop a relationship with staff, coaches and players to get the scoop or story and be respectful enough to gain and keep trust with fans and players and coaches. No easy task.

But instead we thirst for soundbytes and drama and all this bullshit surrounding the game that does nothing for it. So people talk about it, BFD. Most people aren't watching to see Sherman again, they're waiting to hear if he said anything. Way to create a fan base NFL.

I think the Seahawks play is good enough to warrant a story and the way San Diego was able to move and score on them was equally admirable and is story enough for the sport I love, wish more people cared about the game than the bullshit I guess.

There my Sherman'esque" rant is over. i wish I would have gotten to smack Erin on the ass when I was done.