• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman and Peyton Manning

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if those guys are much bigger and stronger than SFs receiving core. Yeah, they're bigger and more physical than most other groups but the Seahawk defense is bigger, faster and more physical than defense those guys have faced, including the defenses that played well against them this year.

Actually KC boasts one of the most physical defenses in the NFL especially at the Corner and Safety position so the Broncos have faced what I would consider a very similar defense to that of Seattle. KC is not as good obviously but I would rate them up there as one of the 5 most physical defenses in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still only one ball, and everyone on the Seahawks defense is flying to it.

And in order to run these pick routes, you still need to get clean off the line cleanly because of the timing involved. And Seattle makes it tough for everyone to get off the line, including big and fast tight ends, like Graham and Davis.

There are plenty of ways to beat those guys off the line. My guess is you will see the Broncos use a lot of bunch formations in this upcoming game. It is the best way to get a receiver off the line of scrimmage and is something the Broncos have used quite a bit against more physical defenses.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of ways to beat those guys off the line. My guess is you will see the Broncos use a lot of bunch formations in this upcoming game. It is the best way to get a receiver off the line of scrimmage and is something the Broncos have used quite a bit against more physical defenses.

That's true. But then the plays called take longer to develop in order to avoid throwing in to traffic. Then the safetys and pass rush becomes more of a factor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. But then the plays called take longer to develop in order to avoid throwing in to traffic. Then the safetys and pass rush becomes more of a factor.

Not true...Again Broncos have been running these plays all season and there is a reason that Peyton has the quickest release of any NFL quarterback this season. The Broncos have plenty of plays that beat the press coverage that also get the ball out of Peyton's hand quickly. They also love to make aggressive pass rushes pay with the screen game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true...Again Broncos have been running these plays all season and there is a reason that Peyton has the quickest release of any NFL quarterback this season. The Broncos have plenty of plays that beat the press coverage that also get the ball out of Peyton's hand quickly. They also love to make aggressive pass rushes pay with the screen game.

The Broncos have played some good defenses, but they haven't played anything like this. The Chiefs are not as good in coverage, they're not as deep, and they dont have the same speed and range. They're also certainly not as adept as the Hawks are when it comes to adjustments if things aren't working, especially in contrast with the Chiefs defense. Now, all that goes the other way too, the Hawks haven't faced an offensive opponent as tough and dynamic as the Broncos. That's what makes this matchup so great, but if you're thinking that the Hawks can be exploited like the Chiefs, you got another thing coming. They're not at all the same.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos haven't played a defense as good as Seattle's. Conversely, the Seahawks haven't played an offense as good as Denver's. But it's certainly a matter of strength against strength and should be awesome to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have played some good defenses, but they haven't played anything like this. The Chiefs are not as good in coverage, they're not as deep, and they dont have the same speed and range. They're also certainly not as adept as the Hawks are when it comes to adjustments if things aren't working, especially in contrast with the Chiefs defense. Now, all that goes the other way too, the Hawks haven't faced an offensive opponent as tough and dynamic as the Broncos. That's what makes this matchup so great, but if you're thinking that the Hawks can be exploited like the Chiefs, you got another thing coming. They're not at all the same.

I agree just answering towards the guy that was stating the Broncos haven't really played any good defenses this year. Now I will say they haven't really played anybody quite as good as Seattle as it is hard to face anybody better than the best defense in football. Having said that they have seen a wide variety of defenses against some very good players.

I will say I do think KC is better up front than that of Seattle with Houston and Hali and Poe and the Bronco OL held them in check both games.

Any way you look at this game it is going to be fun to see such strength on strength between these two teams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree just answering towards the guy that was stating the Broncos haven't really played any good defenses this year. Now I will say they haven't really played anybody quite as good as Seattle as it is hard to face anybody better than the best defense in football. Having said that they have seen a wide variety of defenses against some very good players.

I will say I do think KC is better up front than that of Seattle with Houston and Hali and Poe and the Bronco OL held them in check both games.

Any way you look at this game it is going to be fun to see such strength on strength between these two teams.

KC has better starters up front. But Seattle has depth. No real superstar, but they can get just as much pressure in week 1 as they can in the playoffs, or on the first defensive play as the last play of a game. This is a big reason why they're still playing and KC is not.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect Richard because he talks a lot of trash but he almost always backs it up with his play on the field. I dont like him, but i respect him.

So you respect Sherman because he talk's shit but you don't like him?

roper.gif.pagespeed.ce.3PPorfpbWa.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has better starters up front. But Seattle has depth. No real superstar, but they can get just as much pressure in week 1 as they can in the playoffs, or on the first defensive play as the last play of a game. This is a big reason why they're still playing and KC is not.

KC is not still playing because they didn't have a great offense at all and beyond Jamaal Charles had very little offensive production.

Now I agree the defense has holes where Seattle is pretty stout from top to bottom. The teams that Peyton usually struggles against though are the teams that especially up the middle can get pressure on him. KC I would say is one of the top 5 or so in the NFL at doing so. They actually built their team this year with the idea of trying to stop Peyton Manning. They had the idea that if you want to be the best then you have to beat the best team in the division so they went and got guys they thought could help with that. Now obviously they don't have all the pieces such as Peyton abused their 3rd corner especially in the 2nd game where Seattle obviously has better depth. Seattle also has a little better safety play (toss up in my book of who is better between Thomas and Berry) especially from the 2nd safety. Again though Front Seven at least starter wise I would take KC over that of Seattle right now. It is close though.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave sherman's intelligence out of the equation. Guy graduated 2nd in his class... In Compton. Once you make it D-1, you don't do any of your own coursework. Sherm was, is, and always will be a hood rat, as shown through his mannerisms.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable that there is anyone comparing the Chiefs defense to the Seahawks defense. The Chiefs defense would rank 5th in the NFCW. Just because they played Denver doesn't make them an apt comparison.The Broncos haven't played any defense as good as this one. I agree, Seattle hasn't played an offense as good as Denver's. Should be an entertaining game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A problem at times with KC's passrush is that their DE's are pretty much space eaters which is a bit problematic in a aggressive scheme that Sutton runs. You can force Houston in coverage for example. You could even draw Berry to a LB position as many teams did and force the Chiefs to bring Demps in the game to take Berry's spot. There are several very good individual pieces, but there are some significant schematic issues that are currently present with the Chiefs defense. DE-passrush and FS play being the two biggest offenders.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is not still playing because they didn't have a great offense at all and beyond Jamaal Charles had very little offensive production.

Now I agree the defense has holes where Seattle is pretty stout from top to bottom. The teams that Peyton usually struggles against though are the teams that especially up the middle can get pressure on him. KC I would say is one of the top 5 or so in the NFL at doing so. They actually built their team this year with the idea of trying to stop Peyton Manning. They had the idea that if you want to be the best then you have to beat the best team in the division so they went and got guys they thought could help with that. Now obviously they don't have all the pieces such as Peyton abused their 3rd corner especially in the 2nd game where Seattle obviously has better depth. Seattle also has a little better safety play (toss up in my book of who is better between Thomas and Berry) especially from the 2nd safety. Again though Front Seven at least starter wise I would take KC over that of Seattle right now. It is close though.

Berry is as good, maybe slightly better than Thomas close to the line. But that's why he plays SS, and our SS is no slouch either. I do believe that there is a glaring difference between Berry and Thomas downfield, and this is why KC gave up a yard and a 1/2 more per pass attempt on the year. Thomas made a ton plays this year, but he prevented a ton more by simply always being in position and forcing shorter throws. And they also just play different positions with different schemes, KC runs two-deep and Seattle runs single-high with Thomas as the sole defender downfield a lot.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave sherman's intelligence out of the equation. Guy graduated 2nd in his class... In Compton. Once you make it D-1, you don't do any of your own coursework. Sherm was, is, and always will be a hood rat, as shown through his mannerisms.

Grades dont measure intelligence, but they do measure effort. Most athletes dont give a shit, as long as they just by. His 4.2 in HS and 3.9 at Stanford are impressive, I dont care how you try to downplay it.

What's even more impressive is that work ethic translating to the football field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry is as good, maybe slightly better than Thomas close to the line. But that's why he plays SS, and our SS is no slouch either. I do believe that there is a glaring difference between Berry and Thomas downfield, and this is why KC gave up a yard and a 1/2 more per pass attempt on the year. Thomas made a ton plays this year, but he prevented a ton more by simply always being in position and forcing shorter throws. And they also just play different positions with different schemes, KC runs two-deep and Seattle runs single-high with Thomas as the sole defender downfield a lot.

I think KC gave up a yard and a half more per pass attempt because they just don't have the corners that Seattle has. Teams could game plan around Berry a little more especially as the season went on. Berry actually finished with a better grade in coverage than that of Thomas it is just there were other openings that quarterbacks could exploit.

Please don't take me lifting up KC's defense as a knock on Seattle. Seattle is a whole new beast that the Broncos have not faced all year and the Broncos offense is going to have to play their game of the year to put up points on them. They are probably the closest thing the Broncos have played all year to what Seattle brings on the field. I mean they did grade out as the 2nd best defense in the NFL by PFF.

Now as for the Bronco offense this year they have had success against the best defenses they have played this year. KC twice putting up 28 and 35 points, Baltimore 49 points, and Tennessee 51 points. All 3 of those teams finished in the top 10 according to PFF. Now how you see them all depends on your thoughts of PFF but to me they do a better job than most at grading players and teams. Again though Seattle is very much above what any of these defenses have posed against the Broncos.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say, KC gives up 1.5 more yards per pass because their DB's outside of Berry are simply not as a good as Seattle's crew. That, and their LB's can be schemed around which often forces Berry into a LB position.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say, KC gives up 1.5 more yards per pass because their DB's outside of Berry are simply not as a good as Seattle's crew. That, and their LB's can be schemed around which often forces Berry into a LB position.

Berry basically plays the same role as Chancellor. He and Thomas are asked to do different things, that makes it tough to compare them side by side.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry basically plays the same role as Chancellor. He and Thomas are asked to do different things, that makes it tough to compare them side by side.

Indeed, it is an oft made comparison on the internet for whatever reason though.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the chiefs v hawks comparison, the only part of the chiefs defense which is somewhat comparable is their front 7. The chiefs secondary is absolutely horrid. Berry and flowers are incredibly overrated. Sean Smith and dunta Robinson have never been very good. And Marcus cooper and Kendrick Lewis should not even be playing on Sundays.