• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman and Peyton Manning

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about likability or either player but you're kidding yourself if you don't think the Seahawks would shit themselves if they had to opportunity to swap Sherman and Manning, even with the age difference.

LOL Hadn't thought about that. You make a great point, though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So graduating from a prestigious University gives you a lifetime pass against stupidity?

When in doubt, apologists must always play the "does a lot for the community" and "Stanford Grad" tired clichés to pretend douchebag behavior doesn't exist.

I find it ironic that a person who majored in communications from Stanford of all places can communicate so poorly. Unless of course, he is just a pathetic troll looking for said attention. Then I will stop paying attention to Sherman and pretend he doesn't exist.

"But he graduated from Stanford! That is more than you can say." :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it ironic that a person who majored in communications from Stanford of all places can communicate so poorly. Unless of course, he is just a pathetic troll looking for said attention. Then I will stop paying attention to Sherman and pretend he doesn't exist.

"But he graduated from Stanford! That is more than you can say." :L

I will say the guy has the whole country talking about him. Instead of talking about how Seattle made the Super Bowl the whole country Seattle included is talking about him. That is pretty impressive when you can overshadow a whole franchise with 30 seconds of speaking. If you are going to play the part of villain I guess play it to your best ability.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the guy has the whole country talking about him. Instead of talking about how Seattle made the Super Bowl the whole country Seattle included is talking about him. That is pretty impressive when you can overshadow a whole franchise with 30 seconds of speaking. If you are going to play the part of villain I guess play it to your best ability.

I must say I was amused by this.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on Pete Carroll's remarks about Sherman's attention whoring, I think that is what Pete doesn't like so much about what Sherman did.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about likability or either player but you're kidding yourself if you don't think the Seahawks would shit themselves if they had to opportunity to swap Sherman and Manning, even with the age difference.

No we wouldn't. The statue of Omaha would of probably already had his head ripped off and forced permanently into retirement by the defenses playing in the NFC West, which is wisely why he chose the Donkeys and their division.

P Manning is one of the best of all time, but he's a year or two from retirement. Trade Sherman for that? No Fucking way in hell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is a Stanford grad who is very well spoken if you watch most of his interviews.

difference between book smart and street (talking to people) smart. When he does interviews (as basically every other athlete) they don't sound intelligant with what and how they say things. This is why I dislike how everyone defends Sherman because "he is a Stanford grad." That doesn't mean a thing imo.

Again, he has done tremendous things off the field with his charity work and I am not bashing the guy but enough with this "he's ok because he went to Stanford" nonsense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we wouldn't. The statue of Omaha would of probably already had his head ripped off and forced permanently into retirement by the defenses playing in the NFC West, which is wisely why he chose the Donkeys and their division.

P Manning is one of the best of all time, but he's a year or two from retirement. Trade Sherman for that? No Fucking way in hell.

Perhaps you are right about that, but I think that you might also overlook some nuances of the game. First, defenses would probably attack a PM led offense a little differently than they do one led by Wilson. Second, while Wilson escapes pressure by running around, Manning avoids it by getting the ball out very quickly.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The media is the one obsessing about this story and acting like Sherman pulled out a shank and stabbed Crabs in the gut on national tv from the hysteria level of coverage it's getting.

Anything to make sure they protect the gold calf of Omaha.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right about that, but I think that you might also overlook some nuances of the game. First, defenses would probably attack a PM led offense a little differently than they do one led by Wilson. Second, while Wilson escapes pressure by running around, Manning avoids it by getting the ball out very quickly.

don't forget to say he also gets the defense to show what play they are running early and he then exploits it

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton's been in the league for years and other than his neck surgery has yet to actually miss a game. I think he would have been just fine playing in the NFC West. He has said that he really didn't want to play in the NFC because it would mean having to play his brother on a more regular basis and he and his brother both have said they hate games against each other.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget to say he also gets the defense to show what play they are running early and he then exploits it

That is also certainly a relevant point!

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He probably is a year or two away from retirement but in that year or two he'll be significantly more productive and important than any corner in the league. I get that you're a Seattle fan and so you feel obligated to defend Sherman but it really isn't debatable. Two years with an elite QB is worth far more than even Prime Time in your secondary.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is the one obsessing about this story and acting like Sherman pulled out a shank and stabbed Crabs in the gut on national tv from the hysteria level of coverage it's getting.

Anything to make sure they protect the gold calf of Omaha.

Don't act like this is the first time he has done something like this. He has done this very regularly since coming into the league trying to get his face on camera as often as possible. Nothing wrong with that as he does seem very smart in knowing how to advertise himself and I am sure all these antics will get him paid.

Now of course the media is going to latch onto this because it was about as classless as it gets in the NFL. Lots of players through the years have hated each other but very few have ever acted the way that Sherman did. He also instead of speaking about his team and how it was a team victory took the time to tear down another player and lift himself up instead of his teammates. It was about as selfish as it gets for a player.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 INTs & 49 combined tackles vs 55 TDs and 5,477 YDs

hmmmm

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like Seattle wouldn't gladly cut Wilson if Peyton Manning said he would play for Seattle but only if Wilson was cut.

They would NOT. That would be the WORST move in team history. Wilson got us to the Superbowl. Besides winning it (which we'll know in a few weeks), what more could Manning have done for us?

Manning is great, but NO WAY I'd trade Wilson's entire future career for 3-4 seasons of Manning.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked the Patriots defense apart with this ability

And the Chargers the week before that and so forth. He's actually made quite a career for himself by masterfully adjusting, pre-snap, to what the defense show him!

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably is a year or two away from retirement but in that year or two he'll be significantly more productive and important than any corner in the league. I get that you're a Seattle fan and so you feel obligated to defend Sherman but it really isn't debatable. Two years with an elite QB is worth far more than even Prime Time in your secondary.

Not when we already have a Superbowl level QB. Say what you will about Wilson, but the guy led our team back from many adverse conditions this year.