• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman and Peyton Manning

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked the Patriots defense apart with this ability

the Seahawks defense doesn't need to run multiple blitz packages to make up for their secondary. They are very vanilla, scheme wise. They do what they do.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless of the outcome, I think you can place those 2 names in the correct spots for how they'll handle it.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the outcome, I think you can place those 2 names in the correct spots for how they'll handle it.

As long as the "low road" comes with a Superbowl trophy, I'll take it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 INTs & 49 combined tackles vs 55 TDs and 5,477 YDs

hmmmm

What was the competition the Broncos faced this year on defense vs the Seahawks. Broncos schedule was the cupcake fest by which all others are measured.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Seahawks defense doesn't need to run multiple blitz packages to make up for their secondary. They are very vanilla, scheme wise. They do what they do.

That might be, but the post that you replied to is more about how differently Manning plays QB than Wilson does, not about how differently NE and Seattle play defense.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's defense ability (and our entire secondary) won us as many games as Payton's arm did. And it didn't cost us 20MM (yet).

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good reply to the poster who asked about the definition of "likeable"!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
526865_733394800013023_1976760892_n.jpg

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's defense ability (and our entire secondary) won us as many games as Payton's arm did. And it didn't cost us 20MM (yet).

I watched the Broncos for several years when Champ was the best CB in the league. He was not surrounded by near the defensive talent that Sherman is, but believe me, a shutdown CB is not going to help your team near as much as would a QB the caliber of PFM. Kind of a "wins above replacement" thing going on.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be, but the post that you replied to is more about how differently Manning plays QB than Wilson does, not about how differently NE and Seattle play defense.

I was responding to Red Seats quote about Manning picking apart defenses because he audibles after he sees what the defense is doing...:noidea:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Broncos for several years when Champ was the best CB in the league. He was not surrounded by near the defensive talent that Sherman is, but believe me, a shutdown CB is not going to help your team near as much as would a QB the caliber of PFM. Kind of a "wins above replacement" thing going on.

It would be pretty funny to see what PFF would do if their ratings were simply value provided to the team.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to Red Seats quote about Manning picking apart defenses because he audibles after he sees what the defense is doing...:noidea:

True, but if you read through the thread you will see that that was posted in response to another post that Manning couldn't succeed in the NFCW, a claim that I find laughable.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? The schedule argument in the SB? With Peyton Manning?

The point I believe was that the poster who quoted season statistics as proof that Seattle's defense will be picked apart didn't consider the weak defenses Denver played against, thus inflating those statistics.

Now, he had the best year of any QB ever. In the regular season. THIS game...well, none of that matters.

The #1 offense has averaged 25ppg in the playoffs (vs 37 in the regular season). This was against a 10th and 11 ranked defense.
The Seahawks have averaged 23ppg in the playoffs (vs 27 in the regular season). This was against a 3rd and 4th ranked defense.

This is going to be closer than you may think.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point I believe was that the poster who quoted season statistics as proof that Seattle's defense will be picked apart didn't consider the weak defenses Denver played against, thus inflating those statistics.

Now, he had the best year of any QB ever. In the regular season. THIS game...well, none of that matters.

The #1 offense has averaged 25ppg in the playoffs (vs 37 in the regular season). This was against a 10th and 11 ranked defense.
The Seahawks have averaged 23ppg in the playoffs (vs 27 in the regular season). This was against a 3rd and 4th ranked defense.

I haven't made a single comment regarding the outcome of the game.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why I have a "facepalm moment" every time I think of Sherman's sermon..

Ok.. Sherman might be the best CB in the league (right now) but Peyton might be the best QB to play (ever)... Obviously the Peyton thing is debatable, but Sherman is nowhere near being mentioned in the same category of Deion, Woodson, ect, yet.

Sherman can affect a game, but you can stay away from him (if you choose to), Peyton on the other hand will single handedly win games for whatever team he plays for. If Sherman has a bad game, it will go unnoticed to a large extent and the blame will be dispersed throughout the entire team. There will be no Richard Sherman crucifixion if the Seahawks lose the SB. If the Broncos lose, it will be Peyton this, Peyton that. Perhaps Sherman does make some plays like Larry Brown once did against the Steelers, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If Denver wins the SB, Peyton will be gracious and classy.. You know he will be asked the questions.
If Denver loses the game, Peyton will be gracious and classy... You know he will answer the questions

If Seattle wins the SB, god knows how Sherman will handle it.. You know he will be asked the questions. If Seattle loses the SB, god knows how Sherman will handle it.. You don't know if he'll answer the questions because he will be embarrassed bc of his antics leading up to the outcome.

This is my take on it. I've always enjoyed success with honor, handing the football to the ref after a TD, acting like you've been there before, doing the classy thing.

Perhaps Sherman will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if you read through the thread you will see that that was posted in response to another post that Manning couldn't succeed in the NFCW, a claim that I find laughable.

gotcha

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you actually watch the Bronco games? I'm thinking no. If you had watched you would realize the Broncos have played a completely different style of offense in the playoffs than they did earlier in the year. When the weather was better the Broncos had a high flying passing attack. As the weather has gotten worse they have focused more on their run game which has found plenty of success. Both games they were able to build early leads so they focused more on clock management (crazy how the two longest drives in the Broncos season happened last Sunday) than they did on running up the score. This then helped take pressure off the defense and gave them a chance to rest in those games.

Now the argument about what level of competition were they playing well they have played 9 games of the 18 so far this season against playoff teams (yes that includes the two they played in the actual playoffs). Seattle has played 7 games against playoff teams of their 18 (again included the two in the playoffs). So who has had the tougher schedule?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to?

Also, it's a message board...sometimes comments are directed at more than just a single poster (despite that I quoted your post).

Well, you did kind of quote me, and me alone. That tends to be pretty specific. And you added a "It will be closer than you think;" I find it hard to see why I would interpret any other way logically.

To be quick and short, I do think Seattle wins.